Rockpro64 does not auto boot after some time.

Rahul

Hi all experts,

This is a serious issue for me as for one of the project i am using more than 20 numbers of rockpro64.

I have installed them in my different locations of office.

I have used two types of OS-
*) LXDE-ubuntu-0.7.9-1067-arm64
*) bionic-containers-rockpro64-0.8.3-1141-arm64

Issue is- Whenever i flash these images to rockpro64, for some days autoboot works well such as if light goes and comes back then machines auto boot itself but after few  days, auto boot does not happens with few machines and i have to press the "power button" to boot up.
I thought with latest OS this issue will solve but same result with latest OS.

Please suggest what can be the exact issue? is it OS related? if yes then why it is not happening in all the machines. Which OS should i use with rockpro64?

Note- When i reflash the OS, then again auto boot happanes but again same result after few days.

Eagerly waiting for the suggesstions.
Thanks

What is your power supply? You say "if the light comes back....." so are you using some kind of solar power? Why do you not want the systems to run continuously?

You will struggle to get any board to start reliably if the power supply voltage increases slowly and a poor power supply is the cause of most reliability issues with any sbc.

If you do have a solar supply you need to use a controller which switches the supply off and on according to the battery voltage.

I strongly suspect that this could be your problem rather than the OS. You can try Armbian which I have always found to be 100% solid as long as you choose a stable version.

Hi, thanks for the reply.

What is your power supply? You say "if the light comes back....." so are you using some kind of solar power? Why do you not want the systems to run continuously?

Power supply is from standard 12v 5a adaptor. I want system to run continously as project requirement. 

I also suspect power supply can cause some system file corruption. But i am using adaptor power supply not Solar panel and this issue is with few devices not all.

Will try Armbian OS also.