Orange Pi Plus 2E now available

tkaiser

Hi

Looking at purchasing an Orange Pi + 2E

The application I need to run on it requires libstdc++6 (>=5.2) for installation.

I think that the Jessie image has  version 4.9.2-10 of libstdc++6.

Is there a way around this problem?

Regard

Carl

Dear, I found 2 new images for orangepi+2e ie, rasp and Ubuntu xenial,

Have somebody tried it?

Is it better than armbian xenial server?

Please guide.

S7edge

They lack 100+ fixes and various additional features? Check release date of those "alternatives"! They are so outdated and buggy, that are not even on the level to be comparable. There are and there will be no updates or any type of support.

Next. Armbian is recommended general purpose OS in 9 out of 10 cases (estimated, probably more than that) on Facebook groups and other 3rd party media, the rest goes to few other systems, which are based on Armbian or from people who have absolutely no clue what's going on.

Small crew works daily on Armbian and provide support, updates, fixes, ... Providing such service costs lots of resources, usually its premium and that's why we have a donate button. People who understand the value of our work, use it, others help with their time and others, that we all benefit.

I could write a 10 page article on this, but I am not the right person to make such comparisons in first place ...   :)

They lack 100+ fixes and various additional features? Check release date of those "alternatives"!

I could write a 10 page article on this, but I am not the right person and don't see a point :)

Trey that was I was thinking, but as you post in some other post that you will be releasing Ubuntu xenial next, so I asked here.

And I know that Armbian is the best of all others and that's why I have installed it on my opi+2e.

Dear, what about kernel 4.x.x, can we expect to be released with next version/update?

Thanks for your information.

Trey that was I was thinking, but as you post in some other post that you will be releasing Ubuntu xenial next, so I asked here.

And I know that Armbian is the best of all others and that's why I have installed it on my opi+2e.

Dear, what about kernel 4.x.x, can we expect to be released with next version/update?

Thanks for your information. 

Kernel 4.9 is already possible to install, we built it daily, but it is in development phase and we don't support it. I am not sure if it will be mature enough to be put out at our next release cycle. I hope. If you need normal Xenial server image, grab our tool chain and simply made it. 

Dear Tkaiser:

It has been more than a month now, and the OPI Plus 2E never came to stock again. Do you have any news?

Regards,
They had them briefly recently. Im bummed they're out of primes now

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

They had them briefly recently. Im bummed they're out of primes now

And they're literally in stock on ali Express right now

On 31/3/2018 at 4:17 PM, mflorezm said:

Dear Tkaiser:

It has been more than a month now, and the OPI Plus 2E never came to stock again. Do you have any news?

Regards,

@mflorezm

I have an opi plus 2e and I'm not using it for the moment, maybe i could sell SBC.

Plus 2e seem back in stock now. 

I Just ordered one. Hope there is no big change compare to the one I'm really happy with. 

It’s a great board. What do you use yours for? I use mine as a Docker cluster with hashistack

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk