Installing OS from SD to eMMC missing in Buster

Pol Isidor

I coudn't find in menu System -> Install optin for cloning OS from SD to eMMC.
How can I get it back as on older version?
Boards are Orange Pi +2E and Orange Pi PC+
OS Armbian v5.91
I tied even:

git clone https://github.com/armbian/config

cd config bash

debian-config

but same...
Thx

4 minutes ago, Pol Isidor said:

But problem is that there is no option for cloning the OS from SD to flash.

"current root" is the SD. So simply choose "Boot from eMMC", the "format as ext4", it will then copy/clone the current root into the eMMC...

5 minutes ago, martinayotte said:

"current root" is the SD. So simply choose "Boot from eMMC", the "format as ext4", it will then copy/clone the current root into the eMMC...

Thank you..

Thats it.

It confused me that I need to do this procces twice to reach that moment when he will ask me about which format I wanna use.

In first starting of command:

nand-sata-install

I got just one message that now it is copied or installed..

If I start the command again and choose: "Boot from eMMC", the "format as ext4" then I got the menu:

snap313.jpg

1 minute ago, Pol Isidor said:

If I start the command again and choose: "Boot from eMMC", the "format as ext4" then I got the menu:

So, simply choose "ext4" and proceed, you will then see "formatting", then "counting files", and finally a progress bar of the cloning ...

33 minutes ago, Pol Isidor said:

The reverse procces is posible?

No, not really.

There are some workaround by doing pure backup, booting from a SDCard bigger than eMMC, doing a backup using "dd", but it won't get into original state where it ask to change passwd and create new user.

21 hours ago, Pol Isidor said:

It confused me that I need to do this procces twice

This is the simplest solution that fits all scenarios and doesn't limit you too much. Most typical setup in our world is still running OS from SD card, then moving to eMMC or having assisted boot with SD/eMMC/SPI.

Single board computers are mixture of desktop, server and embedded world. Almost each is different, unique.

Without this interface, which is far from ideal, it is just more complex & confusing. :rolleyes:

On 10/23/2019 at 10:13 PM, Pol Isidor said:

btw another question.

The reverse procces is posible?

To copy from eMMC to SD?

I'am asking because of second option do not giving me the result.

Noticed this post with the question above... emmc to SD.... I wrote instructions on doing this+videos showing how to do it. Thought you might find them helpful if you wanted to do this for backups etc.

Making a Backup of your emmc via the GUI https://www.ondroid.net/armbian-os-backing-up-emmc-nand-via-gui/
- What you will need
- All the commands/screens to perform this
- Includes 1 x video showing the whole process

Making a Backup of your emmc via Command line https://www.ondroid.net/armbian-os-backing-up-emmc-nand-via-cli/
- What you will need
- All the commands/screens to perform this
- Includes 1 x video showing the whole process

Thanks

erew

On 10/28/2019 at 2:24 AM, Pol Isidor said:

Thx..not so useful to me becase I using server edition..so pure CMD interface without GUI!

erew already mentioned that you can Make a Backup of your emmc via Command line as well ! 

he mentioned 2 ways, 1 by GUI and 1 by CMI.