Orange Pi One Plus - Constantly hangs

AlexP

I have a board of Orange Pi One Plus with installed pihole (https://pi-hole.net/).

Armbian image is Armbian Buster with latest updates. PRETTY_NAME="Debian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)"

Each 2-4 hours the device hangs and not able to respond to any command until I reboot it. The max uptime that I was able to gain was ~25 hours. I've changed power adapters, powered it via microUSB - same result. Looking at the logs I really have no clue why it stucks.

Attaching debug, kern and syslog. Probably someone may pinpoint what's going on.

P.S. Previous OPi One (not Plus) worked for that purpose like a charm. Didn't know that bying Opi One+ for upgrade will buy me loosing my patience also)

syslogkern.logdebug

@Igor Thanks for reply. To make it clear - my loss of patience doesn't state that you're doing bad job. The thing that drives me nuts is that it hangs and I'm not able to find out why.

I've read your reply and some things I'd like to note:

1) I have Opi One Plus, but not Opi 3(I know it's the same H6, but anyway)

2) I wasn't able to find any mention of kernel panic in the logs. It just hangs. And my assumption that it hangs cause of unintended reboot occur. When I power it off and on manually it works good.

So you're saying that your devices work stable, where I have the issue from the time I've received the device(that was almost 2 months ago).

So if there is any debug/log info that I may provide to make it being fixed - I'm ready to help.

5 minutes ago, AlexP said:

So if there is any debug/log info that I may provide to make it being fixed - I'm ready to help.

Read that topic, it's explained. Problem is fixed - will be fixed in 5.4.y - but we will not port that into 5.3.y since its too much work.

On 10/29/2019 at 11:06 PM, AlexP said:

I have a board of Orange Pi One Plus with installed pihole (https://pi-hole.net/).

Armbian image is Armbian Buster with latest updates. PRETTY_NAME="Debian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)"

Each 2-4 hours the device hangs and not able to respond to any command until I reboot it. The max uptime that I was able to gain was ~25 hours. I've changed power adapters, powered it via microUSB - same result. Looking at the logs I really have no clue why it stucks.

Attaching debug, kern and syslog. Probably someone may pinpoint what's going on.

P.S. Previous OPi One (not Plus) worked for that purpose like a charm. Didn't know that bying Opi One+ for upgrade will buy me loosing my patience also)

syslog 67.6 kB · 4 downloads kern.log 35.76 kB · 5 downloads debug 1.33 kB · 4 downloads

Hi,

I have the same configuration like you: OrangePi OnePlus, I run on my one: Domoticz, Mosquitto, Apache, traccar, PiHole, MariaDB and it runs all fast and stable! I use it with this power supply from Aliexpress.  I thought that when i used it with the USB-DC 5V cable with a lot of adapters i also has strange freezes. I recommend a real 5v power supply. :)

Beside the powersupply did i also has a lot of problems with a few SanDisk SD cards. Now i run a few Samsung SD card cards and no corrupted SD cards. I need to say that Igor als has broken Samsung cards but i think he use it a little bit (a lot!!) more than i do. :)

So maybe try a real 5v power supply or a another SD card? :)

1 hour ago, Igor said:

Or maybe reading recommended topic to understand what is the problem and how it will be / is fixed?

Thanks for your info Igor. Because i didn´t have the problem i didn´t know there was a bug. If i read so looks like the problem is with non-headless setups? But a fix is on the way with the next kernel. :)

Hi all!

First of all thanks to bringing my Opi One Plus back to life.

I was stuck to 4.20.x kernel, since all other crashed this board (strange, I have several opi1+, but only one of them did not survived upgrade and I had to rollback).

Now it looks pretty stable:

zno@nodex:~$ uname -a
Linux nodex 5.4.1-sunxi64 #19.11.3.336 SMP Mon Dec 2 02:54:15 CET 2019 aarch64 GNU/Linux

But well... This looks strange:

zno@nodex:~$ sudo cpufreq-info 
cpufrequtils 008: cpufreq-info (C) Dominik Brodowski 2004-2009
Report errors and bugs to cpufreq@vger.kernel.org, please.
analyzing CPU 0:
  no or unknown cpufreq driver is active on this CPU
  maximum transition latency: 4294.55 ms.
analyzing CPU 1:
analyzing CPU 2:
analyzing CPU 3:

I am somehow old Debian Stretch, may be cpufrequtils is quite old ? But some performance test (minig, heh...) showed 50% lower hashrate, than expected from 1.8 (?) Ghz H6.

Also, cpu is only 60C on full load and power consumption is much less than 1A. Looks like frequency is really low.

Diagnostics uploaded here: http://ix.io/23oE