STM32MP1 - New supported device?

Not sure if this is the best topic to post this under. 

It might be cool to get support going for the STM32MP1. I would certainly be willing to put some work into this. I have a lot of experience with Armbian and the A20. 

Whats a good place to start?

Hi,

It says on the internet: STM32MP1 microprocessor series with dual Arm Cortex-A7 and Cortex-M4 Cores.

So, you are willing to invest time to get ARMBIAN running on this device... which device, how much does it cost, you just mention the microprocessor?

I am certainly willing to put the time in. However most of my experience is in low level driver development, so there will be some learning. The course work available by Bootlin is pretty cool. I think I should be able to get a handle on things from here. 

On 11/13/2019 at 8:18 AM, einthecorgi said:

However most of my experience is in low level driver development, so there will be some learning.

Welcome!  I am an EE who primarily did assembly language work/ microcontrollers before this.  :)

Also, excellent name. :beer:

[edit]  do you have this? https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/stmicro/STM32MP157A-DK1/497-19037-ND/9990056?WT.srch=1&gclid=CjwKCAiAws7uBRAkEiwAMlbZjtyct1CX2zPW8XrI1Xrld6Rle6ew3tsgtcCvtsccpYZ9lLNx1LNmrRoCUIcQAvD_BwE