Issue with ROCKPRO64 reset

Mattia

Hello,

I'm using a RockPro64 boards inside one of my projects and I just noticed an issue related to the reset process. When pushing the reset button, the boards hangs in a reset loop. Using the oscilloscope, I found that the reset signal (OTP_OUT_H) is toggled every 330ms by the CPU and the only way to get it back to work is to power off the board, wait a few seconds, and power it back. The same issue is found if, after a working boot, a quick power cycle is performed.

I tried disconnecting everything from the board but still, when pushing the reset button, the boards hangs in a loop condition (as if it’s constantly crashing at boot).

The console doesn’t print anything.

I have already written to Pine support but they told me it's an OS related issue.

The OS in use is:

1) Linux distribution Armbian 5.90 downloaded from this link:

https://dl.armbian.com/rockpro64/archive/Armbian_5.91_Rockpro64_Debian_buster_default_4.4.184_desktop.7z

2) Kernel based on Linux 4.4.182

Thank you

1 hour ago, Mattia said:

but they told me it's an OS related issue.

Did you/they checked if this feature works as expected on their official build?

I am not sure we ever supported reset button since this feature it has low priority. We fix such things when more critical things works and they are clearly not there yet, while they try to fix everything at once ...

If you still have scope around do this:

1. Update to our latest automated build ... which might work or not but its worth trying: armbian-config -> system -> change to nightly builds

2. Once system reboots, go to system -> update boot loader and reboot again.

3. When board gets back, try if this is fixed.