Board which boot directly on SSD no microSD

r2d2r01

Hi every body I work with armbian on OPI & BPI fine but I'm looking for an improvment.
First I install OS on SD, etc... but with limitations of R/W nb &  sensibility if power disappears. I set a boot os SD and after switch on SSD connected on USB by moving directory and after discover a scipt whic do all automatically (thank's armbian). But customer calls me server don't restarts. I go on site (waste of time) burn a new SD etc.... and install a little eaton ups to prevent new failure.
The server hosts a little bootstrap webserver, specific application server, cron scripts and nothing else. I need WIFI AP / Eth Gb & SSD and nothing else. I 'm searching for a mother board which boots directly on SSD (skip SD) with function above.
Can you help me to choose ?
Very thank's
Best regards
Fredéric

Thank's Martin for answer, it's true i prefer OPI. I have bad experience with BPI Berry and wifi AP/STA not supported (normal CSC status), i will try later with other OS. I avoid to use emmc because storage size is limited & not extensible i need place because store a lot of metrics, I prefer SSD/USB.
What's the way/procedure to put armbian directly on SSD please ?
Best regards
Frederic

13 hours ago, martinayotte said:

You need a board that as either eMMC and/or SPINOR.

for anyone who wants emmc and only has a sdcard-slot - maybe there is a 16GB RasPiKey useable?
http://www.uugear.com/product/raspikey-plug-and-play-emmc-module-for-raspberry-pi/
http://www.uugear.com/doc/RasPiKey_UserManual.pdf

It works like a micro SD card with better read/write performance (especially on 4k read/write) and have longer lifetime. 

RaspiKey.jpg

RaspiKey_on_small_Pi.jpg

5 hours ago, r2d2r01 said:

What's the way/procedure to put armbian directly on SSD please ?

You need to first boot from SDCard, then run "nand-sata-install", there should be a menu where a choice should be present "boot from eMMC - root on USB" (or something similar) ...

Hi Guidol thank's for product very interesting. I retain for other use.
Hi Martin, ok i reuse same script to switch µSD to SSD but with move. Perfect, i don't know this menu. You confirm as result OPi boots on SSD directly ? No SD card is necessay ?
Right
Best regards

On 11/7/2019 at 12:08 PM, martinayotte said:

You need a board that as either eMMC and/or SPINOR.

and SPINOR is preferred to be honest from practical experience...

eMMC works, but depends on the chip, and how much support the bootrom has there.