TV Box A95X Z2 - RK3318

Tarzanus

Anyone has the following box and managed to find the correct dtb?The box is being sold under "Android 9.0 TV Box A95X Z2 4GB RAM 64GB 2.4G 5G Wifi RK3318 Quad Core..." name on aliexpress and ebay.

I tried copying armbian to sd-card and it refuses to boot. I checked various DTBs with no luck. Anyone else got it to work?

None of the dtb files work. I got the armbian from balbes150 (https://yadi.sk/d/DSO6euzB3ahemo) .

I changed dtbs in "/extlinux/extlinux.conf" file and when I tried booting using sd-card, the device remained 'dead' and refused to turn on.

It's funny, because aida64 says system is created from Ubuntu kernel. I wish I could just enter the underlying system .:)

I tried that as well, remained black, nothing. I took the file he extracted and it didn't work. I checked the firmware version I have and it says PQ2A.190205.003-9.0-201910140936. Couldn't find the firmware on the internet to extract the files myself.

Perhaps If I install wireshark and try updating, I can get the update URL or something.. Sadly I have very little time to spare lately. :(

Any image file for A95x Z2 RK3318 bought on Aliexpress. Now stock on booting logo. "Android 9.0 TV Box A95X Z2 4GB RAM 64GB 2.4G 5G Wifi RK3318 Quad Core..."  seems to be of bad quality. Thanks in advance

Edited by Bassalh123

Use image from @balbes150 from this topic

RC2 of 5.5 mainline kernel works best (haven't tried rc6 yet, but with rc5, USB3 stopped working.

When you burn the image to your SD-card patch it up following this procedure:

System works pretty well, except for Wi-fi and bluetooth. The system is not fully optimized and it has issues playing video clips, especially at higher resolution. I hope GPU support will also get polished if that's the issue.

Here, I've made some hdparm tests:

Test of eMMC

/dev/mmcblk0:

Timing cached reads: 846 MB in 2.00 seconds = 422.99 MB/sec

Timing buffered disk reads: 342 MB in 3.02 seconds = 113.37 MB/sec

Test of SD-card

/dev/mmcblk2:

Timing cached reads: 820 MB in 2.00 seconds = 409.24 MB/sec

Timing buffered disk reads: 68 MB in 3.04 seconds = 22.33 MB/sec

Test USB3.0 dongle

/dev/sda1:

Timing cached reads: 946 MB in 2.00 seconds = 472.31 MB/sec

Timing buffered disk reads: 330 MB in 3.02 seconds = 109.37 MB/sec

Test USB3.1 dongle

/dev/sda:

Timing cached reads: 920 MB in 2.00 seconds = 459.98 MB/sec

Timing buffered disk reads: 362 MB in 3.01 seconds = 120.45 MB/sec

It looks like USB3 port is the fastest option. eMMC is also quite fast. Sadly, SD-card seems to be on USB2 lines and works rather slow.

• Werner locked this topic