Single Armbian image for RK + AML + AW (aarch64 ARMv8)

balbes150

4 minutes ago, dante6913 said:

On your image there are these files boot.ini and boot-emmc.ini that have the key string as ODROIDN2-UBOOT-CONFIG should I modify Them to ODROIDC2-UBOOT-CONFIG?

No. These files are intended for other purposes and do not need to be changed.

5 hours ago, dante6913 said:

On your image there are these files boot.ini and boot-emmc.ini that have the key string as ODROIDN2-UBOOT-CONFIG should I modify Them to ODROIDC2-UBOOT-CONFIG?

Ok, Is working fine ODROIDC2-UBOOT-CONFIG did the trick in all configuration. Thanks balbes150 for all your time

Hello, I'm from China. I can't speak English. I can only translate with the help of translation software. I hope you can understand my description. I have worked hard to come to this forum and search for you. I bought tx3 Mini 2G / 16g at 120RMB in China. I started armbian from USB flash drive and used my own meson-gxl-s905w-tx3-mini.dtb, but memory usage: only 833mb. Can you provide me. DTB file and corresponding armbian system! Thank you very much.

[note to the moderators: this should maybe split into its own thread?]

@WanJiXianSheng - decompile your dtb with "dtc -I dtb -O dts meson-gxl-s905w-tx3-mini.dtb > meson-gxl-s905w-tx3-mini.dts" and then edit the dts file: change "reg = <0x0 0x0 0x0 0x40000000>;" in the memory@0 section to "reg = <0x0 0x0 0x0 0x80000000>;" and compile it back into a dtb: "dtc -I dts -O dtb meson-gxl-s905w-tx3-mini.dts > meson-gxl-s905w-tx3-mini.dtb"

good luck - hexdump

14 hours ago, root-stas said:

Please add few words about what is new or wat is fixed by you?

If you pay $300, I will write a detailed changlog (this is the cost of the time that I will have to spend on a detailed description).

9 hours ago, itchy'n'scratchy said:

Is it correct that aml_autoscript.zip has a size of 0b?

Can I download a working version somewhere?

This is an absolutely correct (work) file. Read carefully the information in this topic, especially the first message and highlighted in red.

For all. I don't support s905x3. I don't have this equipment. All messages about this platform will be transferred to another topic. What works or doesn't work from this equipment - I don't know. I do not give any answers or comments on the s905x3 chip.

Hello everyone!

I have an old MiniMX (1GB Ram /8GB Rom) on which I started the latest @balbes150Armbian from SD.

Basically it perfectly recognizes all the hardware (Even the wifi) but strangely not the ethernet.

The dtb used is meson-gxbb-p200.dtb

Anyone have any advice?

Many thanks to all!
Beppe.

24 minutes ago, Beppe said:

Hello everyone!

I have an old MiniMX (1GB Ram /8GB Rom) on which I started the latest @balbes150Armbian from SD.

Basically it perfectly recognizes all the hardware (Even the wifi) but strangely not the ethernet.

Anyone have any advice?

Try /amlogic/meson-gxbb-p201.dtb and then every other /amlogic/ .dtb file. Failing that,
use usb ethernet or try an older armbain image. Bugs creep into the kernel and dts file so things
start and stop working.
Also https://forum.armbian.com/topic/7930-armbian-for-amlogic-s9xxx-kernel-5x/?do=findComment&comment=71063 might be some help.

On 2020/5/17 at PM3点00分, hexdump said:

[主持人注意:也许应该将其拆分为自己的线程?]

万万贤生-使用“ dtc -I dtb -O dts meson-gxl-s905w-tx3-mini.dts> meson-gxl-s905w-tx3-mini.dts” 反编译您的dtb,然后编辑dts文件:更改“ reg = <0x0 0x0 0x0 0x40000000>;“ 在memory @ 0部分中,将其设置为“ reg = <0x0 0x0 0x0 0x80000000>;” 并将其重新编译为dtb:“ dtc -I dts -O dtb meson-gxl-s905w-tx3-mini.dts> meson-gxl-s905w-tx3-mini.dtb”

祝你好运-hexdump

Hello, I have done this before, but it has no effect, and the running memory has not changed

I tried to build Armbian images directly on the ARM device (rk3399). Surprisingly, after some refinement of the build system, i'm managed to get the first test images of the universal system RK+AW+AML. At this stage, there is no u-boot in the images. Therefore, you can run on rk3399 either from USB media, or, when writing to an SD card, you need to additionally write u-boot, as provided in the instructions in the first message of the theme for all other platforms. Otherwise, the handling of these images is the same as before (setting up DTB via uEnv.txt, etc).

Please check these images on different hardware to determine their  whether they can be used as images build in the traditional way.

https://yadi.sk/d/6ZY-ld9fyUgHxg

Does anyone else have issues when booting from usb flash drive, everything is ok when booting from sd, but when trying with usb, it boots as server and with some dependencies failed, and when it boots i get no desktop?

Device is kvim1, image is ubuntu focal desktop, kernel 5.7 rc4.

Is there anything special that needs to be done when using usb, maybe i missed something?

Version 20200519.

This version is fully built not mediocre on the ARM platform (rk3399). :)

I checked how the images work on different models, and no problems were found. The system works identically to the version built using the old scheme via cross-compilation on x86. While these images do not have u-boot and to run from the SD card on RK3399 add u-boot, as described at the beginning of the topic.

Now anyone can build their own version of ArmbianTV not mediocre on their device. :)

16 hours ago, balbes150 said:

Version 20200519.

I checked how the images work on different models, and no problems were found. The system works identically to the version built using the old scheme via cross-compilation on x86. While these images do not have u-boot and to run from the SD card on RK3399 add u-boot, as described at the beginning of the topic.

Now anyone can build their own version of ArmbianTV not mediocre on their device. :)

in the 20200514 found that this version is include rtl8188es wifi driver, could you include the rtl8188fu driver wifi also? i tried to installed it by myself but after 8 hours it got drop and have weird behaviour. would you kind to help?

the device is use hg680p with s905x processor but used rtl8188fu wifi module

20 hours ago, balbes150 said:

Version 20200519.

Runs OK on rk3399 Magicsee N6 Max, without the additional dd u-boot step

On 5/17/2020 at 5:59 PM, Beppe said:

Hello everyone!

Anyone have any advice?

Many thanks to all!
Beppe.

I'm using vega pro dtb for MiniMX 1/8.  Everything works.

I installed Armbian_20.05.4_Arm-64_focal_current_5.7.0-rc6_desktop_20200518.img.xz on my s905x box. I used meson-gxl-s905x-p212.dtb

I experienced 2 issues:

1. no audio on HDMI

2. on shutdown the box always reboot.

The good news is that the issue with building u-boot for universal arm-64 images in the Assembly system directly on ARM has been resolved. As a side result, it allows you to build your own version of the core or a ready-made image directly on the TV box with minimal costs (using the Armbian build system). Thus, the first stage of transferring the build of all ArmbianTV images to the ARM platform is completed. Test images 20200521 with u-boot for rk3399 added to the images  on the site (as it was previously in all universal images).

I tried all the dtbs but the wifi does not work the device does not appear with the command ifconfig the hardware configuration is just below. Thank you all for your help! Right now I'm downloading the last img 5/20 to try.

http://ix.io/2mVR

I used to find the wifi driver by the command lspci -v -d X86. In the arm architecture as I think the correct wifi driver. Dmesg command didn't show me nothing about my wifi. Some idea......

Balbes, please consider shrinking the rootfs partition in your images, since it will be automatically expanded on first boot anyway. Reducing that partition to 1GB would be great. Currently the images take up around 5GB each when decompressed, imo it's a bit waste of space when there's only less than 1GB of actual data in them.

This wasn't so much of a problem back when BalenaEtcher had the ability to stream images from archives, so I could simply not decompress them and use them as-is. However, they recently removed this feature and started decompressing the images to disk everytime you write the image, so I had to decompress the images to prevent them from being written to my SSD over and over again.

Hello. If I can get the fdt file from the android of the magicsee n6max tv set-top box, will this help in creating the correct dtb file? How to do it? Or who should I give him to do this?

3 hours ago, utgf said:

Balbes, please consider shrinking the rootfs partition in your images, since it will be automatically expanded on first boot anyway. Reducing that partition to 1GB would be great. Currently the images take up around 5GB each when decompressed, imo it's a bit waste of space when there's only less than 1GB of actual data in them.

Read the topic, I already answered the question why the image size is fixed. There will be no changes.

55 minutes ago, balbes150 said:

Read the topic, I already answered the question why the image size is fixed. There will be no changes.

Pay attention. The new version changed the size of the partitions that are obtained when writing an image (all images have a fixed size of 5GB).  This u-boot entry option only applies to the new version 20200218 and subsequent versions. Don't try this for old images. This will not work on older images.

You stated the image size is fixed but I'm failing to understand why, could you please elaborate a little bit?

38 minutes ago, utgf said:

You stated the image size is fixed but I'm failing to understand why, could you please elaborate a little bit?

Because u-boot writing is performed in a single pass on any system. All data in u-boot strictly corresponds to a fixed partition size.

13 minutes ago, balbes150 said:

Because u-boot writing is performed in a single pass on any system. All data in u-boot strictly corresponds to a fixed partition size.

Now I understand. Thanks for the explanation.

18 hours ago, gilberto said:

I tried all the dtbs but the wifi does not work the device does not appear with the command ifconfig the hardware configuration is just below. Thank you all for your help! Right now I'm downloading the last img 5/20 to try.

http://ix.io/2mVR

I used to find the wifi driver by the command lspci -v -d X86. In the arm architecture as I think the correct wifi driver. Dmesg command didn't show me nothing about my wifi. Some idea......

Guys I'm from Brazil, I want to participate in the S905 project because I have several models of these s905w, s905h, etc ... cards, I don't know if I pass the information correctly. At the moment I want to collaborate and at the same time help I don't know how to find my wifi, a good soul could help me, please .... I think Balbes150's work is wonderful, congratulations ...

18 hours ago, gilberto said:

Edited by gilberto