Single Armbian image for RK + AML + AW (aarch64 ARMv8)

balbes150

20 hours ago, balbes150 said:

You can use the current system, but you need to manually add two directories\files to work with qemu (you can take them from the last finished image), see the log, it will indicate what is missing. The rest should work and install automatically.

Success!  Native build on TX3 X3 (s905x3) emmc of bionic server image took 208 minutes

2 minutes ago, SteeMan said:

Success!  Native build on TX3 X3 (s905x3) emmc of bionic server image took 208 minutes

Hmmm, with eMMC should have been faster, I have an SD card (which is obviously slower than eMMC) on Ugoos X2 (s905x2) the build went a little faster (201 minutes of focal-server).

May have been affected by the Internet speed. What was the Internet speed during the build ?

19 minutes ago, balbes150 said:

Hmmm, with eMMC should have been faster, I have an SD card (which is obviously slower than eMMC) on Ugoos X2 (s905x2) the build went a little faster (201 minutes of focal-server).

I was just happy it succeeded.  I will be trying other combinations over the next few days (I am doing a test from sd on the same box I ran last night right now).  I'll report more data points when I can.

13 minutes ago, SteeMan said:

I was just happy it succeeded.  I will be trying other combinations over the next few days (I am doing a test from sd on the same box I ran last night right now).  I'll report more data points when I can.

Your results are correlated with mine , this is a good indicator and it is important that the build was successful (this means it is reproducible for any user). :)

34 minutes ago, hexdump said:

for some real world workloads i already saw better performance of an 1.8ghz s905x2 than of an 2ghz s905x3 although the benchmark numbers look different

Artificial tests have little to do with actual operation (so I'm not looking forward to getting an S905x3) :)

17 hours ago, amirul said:

The dtb I used is a variant to run 1.7 and 2.02 GHz. I am booting bionic desktop fine from sdcard but focal seems to have the rootfs problem

rk3399-rock-pi-4-2-5.7.dtb 53.58 kB · 2 downloads

:huh: indeed I tried Bionic image and it did mount ROOTFS but Buster not and throws mmc1 (sdcard) TIMEOUTs

@balbes150 How can it be since it is supposed that Bionic and Buster images share the same Kernel and DTB ?

10 minutes ago, Juanjo said:

How can it be since it is supposed that Bionic and Buster images share the same Kernel and DTB ?

Check the latest core (in the latest images 20200527). I don't see any problems when I start from an SD card on RockPI 4B. Important. Before recording the ArmbianTV image, you need to completely clear the SD card of all old "tails" (perform a reset of the entire card with the DD command).

Armbian_20.05.5_Arm-64_bionic_current_5.7.0-rc7_desktop_20200527.img.xz runs nice on already two of my (newer) x96mini 2/16 boxes from eMMC. As always on those 4.x pcb revisions with wifi and bt working(it's not the standard chip). Will check with eth and usb sound on old x96mini box(with the unsupported standard wifi chip) later, but I doubt big issues or problems as the others run as expected..

Edit:

As expected also on older pcb versions the image works well(as always on standard p281 no wifi) with ethernet and usb audio..

11 hours ago, Juanjo said:

:huh: indeed I tried Bionic image and it did mount ROOTFS but Buster not and throws mmc1 (sdcard) TIMEOUTs

@balbes150 How can it be since it is supposed that Bionic and Buster images share the same Kernel and DTB ?

20200527 focal desktop boots ok

20 hours ago, SteeMan said:

Can you explain the few modifications you've done to compile successfully an image please? I face the same error using the latest focal image on an s912 box.

First, I had an error with qemu so that I installed it and then modify the file config/sources/families/arm-64.conf because the qemu binary was qemu-x86_64 instead of qemu-x86_64-static (line 80).

/full-path/config/sources/families/arm-64.conf: line 101: qemu-x86_64: command not found
/full-path/config/sources/families/arm-64.conf: line 121: qemu-x86_64: command not found

After those modifications, I got the same error as you. Where do you get the ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 file?

2 hours ago, jeanrhum said:

After those modifications, I got the same error as you. Where do you get the ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 file?

You just need to get a copy of the /lib64 directory from a recent balbes150 build

47 minutes ago, Juanbel said:

I am not sure which. .img and dtb

I don't know this software and I've never seen your model of box, but I'd start with any image, to find out which dtb works(best) for you. Try all fitting somehow to s905 hw, until one works with all desired hardware parts(if you got no wifi but eth isn't enough, use usb wifi instead..).
After that you should start using this specific dtb-name together with the image variant, which meets the recommendation from software you want to use the most..

Using Armbian_20.05.3_Arm-64_buster_current_5.7.0-rc3_20200502 on khadas vim2, WOL enabled,

When I power off the unit, it actually reboots instead of shutting down.

It doesn't happen when WOL is disabled.

It doesn't happen with android or ubuntu en emmc.

An idea to fix this ?

2 hours ago, nm2042 said:

Using Armbian_20.05.3_Arm-64_buster_current_5.7.0-rc3_20200502 on khadas vim2, WOL enabled,

When I power off the unit, it actually reboots instead of shutting down.

It doesn't happen when WOL is disabled.

It doesn't happen with android or ubuntu en emmc.

An idea to fix this ?

Contact the manufacturer. Your problem is related to the lack of proper support in the main kernel, only related to the Khadas products (necessary fixes) that they should provide for their products.

18 hours ago, balbes150 said:

Version 20200529.

Added 4K support for rk3399 and rk3328.

Hi balbes150 ,I have some questions about the image you compiled.

The machine I use is phicomm-n1

The latest image (Armbian_20.05.5_Arm-64_bullseye_current_5.7.0-rc7_desktop_20200527.img) RAM is only about 1.7 g , the early  image (Armbian_5.77_Aml-s905_Debian_stretch_default_5.0.2_20190401) RAM has 1.8g .

2g can not be fully utilized?

At the same time, the available disk of the Armbian_5.77 image is 6.3g for booting, and the disk available for the most recent image (20.05.5) is only 6g for booting.

Hey, I'm trying to update and old install on eMMC with 3.40 kernel on and MXQ Pro+ with Amlogic 905X. I can boot from SD card with the last version shared here when I try to copy to eMMC with /root/install scripts. It looks that runs more or less OK but after when reboot from eMMC the old 3.40 legacy kernel is still here. 

What's wrong? What is the correct way to update the eMMC? 

Thanks in advance for the help. If some logs can help, let me know. 

On 5/28/2020 at 3:51 PM, SteeMan said:

You just need to get a copy of the /lib64 directory from a recent balbes150 build

Thanks and success too! I just built a focal standard server image under a recent focal install on emmc with the following modifications:

- copy /lib64 folder from usb stick to emmc install

- install qemu and change line 80 in config/sources/families/arm-64.conf to use qemu-x86_64-static instead of qemu-x86_64

It finished in 263 minutes, but my h96proplus throttle a lot at 80°C. The eight cores were used but the big ones limited to 1ghz and the small ones to 500mhz. I will try to find a simple way to better cool the box compared to the small default heatsink and run it again.

I guess it is more a new installation than an update what you want..because I have just p281 devices with s905w chip I can only write how I proceed on these devices, but as s905x and s905w are quite similar, that should work for you too: Burn image on card, configure that dtb is working for your hardware in uenv.txt"Complete copy OS to eMMC "
If new system runs good from sd card, just boot from it, open a terminal and type:

sudo /root/install-aml.sh

after few minutes the script should have copied(/usr/ takes a while..) the stuff to eMMC and prompt:"Complete copy OS to eMMC "

If that fails to reboot 20.05.5 image from internal after that, maybe try in terminal on boot from card to copy (again):

sudo /root/install-aml-s905-emmc.sh

..but for me on 5+ amlogic p281/p212 devices install-aml.sh works perfect..

31 minutes ago, manuti said:

What's wrong? What is the correct way to update the eMMC? 

To upgrade from the old core, you need to restore the original firmware and go through all the steps for a clean installation. Or perform all the steps manually (do not wait for a detailed step-by-step guide for the manual option, you will have to solve everything yourself on the spot).

Hello everyone!  Need help.  I flashed the version "Armbian_20.05.5_Arm-64_bionic_current_5.7.0-rc7_desktop_20200529.img" on my SanDisk Ultra 32GB A1 memory card, but for some reason Armbian does not boot.  My device is MECOOL KM9, copy all G12.dtb and I changed it to dtb.img and nothing did work.

2 hours ago, Novato said:

nothing did work.

..yes, if you don't do what is said in first post, it is sure that it doesn't work. There is no need to copy and rename any dtb, but you have to configure the uEnv.txt to fit your HW..