Single Armbian image for RK + AML + AW (aarch64 ARMv8)

balbes150

7 hours ago, gilberto said:

I need to produce many boxes with armbian but I need security because wifi chipsets change all the time, I would like to be able to buy hardware compatible with Armbian and its versions. it has been very difficult.

https://www.armbian.com/download/

Or read the topics carefully and look for information about TV box models that are guaranteed to be supported and where it is specifically indicated that WiFi works on Them.

6 hours ago, tediwildan said:

How to fix my problem with soundcard?

Wait for psychics to guess what image you are using, on what model and with what settings.

For all. Questions that do not specify exact details (the exact image version, TV box model, detailed steps that were performed for DTB settings, and so on) will be ignored and deleted.

This time I'm 30 and I was sure the wifi would be compatible and I can't return it. help me people!

Open the case and read what exact data is indicated on the Wi-Fi chips.

11 hours ago, gilberto said:

I will restore it as it was before. If you know of something or how to buy box s905 compatible with armbian.

the driver of this wifi is active in the kernel tree, but in the last version of this post it doesn't work. I think it's important to be able to make it work .....

Echoing what's been said, you need to find out what hardware you have and if any drivers are available.
As an aside, the latest builds of Ubuntu focal seems to have an issue with wpa_supplicant (v2.9) on my internal adapter but its just WPA enterprise with certs, PSK seems ok.

I'm running Armbian_20.02.0-rc1.038_Aml-s9xxx_bullseye_current_5.5.0-rc6_20200205 headless on my Tanix. Everything is great but I would like to get the clock display working nicely. I need the kernel headers but cannot find any headers for this version. Can you point me to the right place? Thanks.

Edited by julian67
clarity

16 hours ago, balbes150 said:

Open the case and read what exact data is indicated on the Wi-Fi chips.

broadcom bcm4330 is chipset 

I tried many drivers 

sudo modprobe b43

sudo modprobe wl

sudo modprobe brcmsmac 

brcmsmac , only this driver works and finds the device wlan0 but does not scan the network, I thought about a wifi region and use wpasupplicant but it didn't work!

I will try use the windows driver by ndiswrapper !!!!

I found some information here:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WifiDocs/Driver/bcm43xx

11 hours ago, dbsharpe said:

Echoing what's been said, you need to find out what hardware you have and if any drivers are available.
As an aside, the latest builds of Ubuntu focal seems to have an issue with wpa_supplicant (v2.9) on my internal adapter but its just WPA enterprise with certs, PSK seems ok.

I'm trying to open the box and take a picture of the shipset wifi, I don't want to destroy it. I will lose the warranty. 

the chipset appears to be.....

Broadcom BCM4330

To check the status of wireless card, run

rfkill list

nothins is blocked hardware and software ok

I am not an expert, as there are drivers that cannot work at 5Ghz only at 2.4Ghz, perhaps changing the search channels. or the wifi region with the command

The current regdomain can be set to the United States with:
# iw reg set US

in this moment I'm opening the box taking care not to destroy the same

2 soluctions usb wifi or ndiswrapper with windows driver

thank you for reply

Broadcom BCM4330

The BCM4330 mainline kernel driver is of fairly decent quality.
Suitable firmware for the BCM4330 is provided by linux-firmware.

Any board need a calibration set for perfect operation. In early days this resides in an EEPROM on the board. Nowadays it is in a file (saves hardware costs) such as brcmfmac43430-sdio.txt. The board designer should know the constrains to provide the perfect calibration parameters. If you don't have it, you can try to use a set of a very similar design, but you will never get the perfect performance.

9 hours ago, gilberto said:

I'm trying to open the box and take a picture of the shipset wifi, I don't want to destroy it. I will lose the warranty. 

the chipset appears to be.....

Broadcom BCM4330

To check the status of wireless card, run

rfkill list

nothins is blocked hardware and software ok

Assuming wifi hardware is functional in android, I think you need to try the firmware used in android - see ( firmware_path=/...... nvram_path=...).
I've discovered recently that for BCM4330 wifi, brcmfmac-ap6330-sdio.bin works as a firmware file (on kernel 5.6.2 and 5.7.0-rc7) and fixes recent issues with WPA enterprise so try using  brcmfmac-ap6330-sdio.bin & nvram_ap 330.txt as replacements for brcmfmac4330-sdio.bin  & brcmfmac4330-sdio.txt respectively (in /lib/firmware/brcm).

Hello,

I asked this question on another subject but I have no answer.

I use a box H96 max + rk3328, I start armbian buster no desktop with dtb rk3328-box-h96mp.dtb from @easyb, but the mac address changes each time I restart.

Would someone tell me how I can rectify this problem?

Alex

Hi. After a while without using Raspbian on my H96 Pro H3 (S905x), I am wanting to install Raspbian to also install Home Assistant. But when trying to boot I am not getting it. Is the process still as in the videos, copying a .dtb file and renaming it to dtb.img? Or has the procedure changed? I tested it by renaming all meson-gxl-s905x * but it didn't work.

20 hours ago, almotra said:

Hello,

I asked this question on another subject but I have no answer.

I use a box H96 max + rk3328, I start armbian buster no desktop with dtb rk3328-box-h96mp.dtb from @easyb, but the mac address changes each time I restart.

Would someone tell me how I can rectify this problem?

Alex

I registered the following line in the network/interfeises file: pre-up ifconfig eth0 hw ether 010000101010. it helped me. try it.

On 5/29/2020 at 12:13 AM, Turgus said:

I don't know this software and I've never seen your model of box, but I'd start with any image, to find out which dtb works(best) for you. Try all fitting somehow to s905 hw, until one works with all desired hardware parts(if you got no wifi but eth isn't enough, use usb wifi instead..).
After that you should start using this specific dtb-name together with the image variant, which meets the recommendation from software you want to use the most..

Thanks for your answer. I have followed your advice and used the version focal with desktop (Armbian_20.05.5_Arm-64_focal_current_5.7.0-rc7_desktop_20200529) with the dtb (meson-gxl-s905x-nexbox-a95x).

My tvbox is mini m8sS905 with 2gb RAM , 8gb ROM and Ethernet 100m while Nexbox a95 x is S905x; 2gb RAM, 16gb ROM and Ethernet 100m. All run fine: Ethernet, wifi, bluetooth, sound.. But I have a only problem, I connect my box a TV 32" LCD 1366x768 with HDMI port, and my desktop is a little bit larger than my TV screen. I try to change the display but only offer TV 40" with other resolutions, obviously a I have tried to change the setting of my TV without results. I have also tried xrandr command but it  show "can´t open display".  Any solution for it?.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Juanbel

If xrandr can't open the display, there might be an error in your command.. Which command did you try?

What gives

xrandr --current  

??

Often the simplest way is to adjust screen properties on tv(On many devices is also something like "autoadjust") to make the desktop fit.

6 hours ago, jeanrhum said:

The procedure has changed and the first post of this topic has been updated.

Yes, thanks, I was blind for that. Now, Armbian is running, but my Wi-Fi chip is marked as HS2734A and not working. I have a H96 Pro H3. There's a way to compile driver for that?

I have a H96 Pro Plus 32GB/3G/1Gb

I burned in a sdcard image "Armbian_20.05.6_Arm-64_focal_current_5.7.0-rc7_desktop_20200605" almost everything seem to be working except WIFI and BT. I had been using "meson-gxm-q200.dtb" and "meson-gxm-q201.dtb" with same results.

here a ss of the wifi chipset:

wifi.png

1 hour ago, Turgus said:

If xrandr can't open the display, there might be an error in your command.. Which command did you try?

What gives

xrandr --current  

??

Often the simplest way is to adjust screen properties on tv(On many devices is also something like "autoadjust") to make the desktop fit.

root@arm-64:~# xrandr --current
Can't open display

I have also tried  with adjust screen properties on tv, but I can´t adjust the screen.

On 6/9/2020 at 6:57 AM, dbsharpe said:

Assuming wifi hardware is functional in android, I think you need to try the firmware used in android - see ( firmware_path=/...... nvram_path=...).
I've discovered recently that for BCM4330 wifi, brcmfmac-ap6330-sdio.bin works as a firmware file (on kernel 5.6.2 and 5.7.0-rc7) and fixes recent issues with WPA enterprise so try using  brcmfmac-ap6330-sdio.bin & nvram_ap 330.txt as replacements for brcmfmac4330-sdio.bin  & brcmfmac4330-sdio.txt respectively (in /lib/firmware/brcm).

My commands in shell

root@arm-64:/usr/lib/firmware/brcm# cp brcmfmac-ap6330-sdio.bin brcmfmac-ap6330-sdio.bin-bak

root@arm-64:/usr/lib/firmware/brcm# cp brcmfmac4330-sdio.bin brcmfmac-ap6330-sdio.bin

root@arm-64:/usr/lib/firmware/brcm# cp nvra      ( there aren't the file nvram_ap330.txt) but......

but I'll create it by copying the same

root@arm-64:/usr/lib/firmware/brcm# cp brcmfmac4330-sdio.txt nvram_ap330.txt
root@arm-64:/usr/lib/firmware/brcm# uname -a

Linux arm-64 5.7.0-rc7-arm-64 #20.05.6 SMP PREEMPT Fri Jun 5 20:29:42 MSK 2020 aarch64 aarch64 aarch64 GNU/Linux

I will try to restart the system if it does not work I will try to copy the Android firmware that you indicate.

Edited by gilberto
forget put one command in shell line

44 minutes ago, gilberto said:

My commands in shell

root@arm-64:/usr/lib/firmware/brcm# cp brcmfmac-ap6330-sdio.bin brcmfmac-ap6330-sdio.bin-bak

root@arm-64:/usr/lib/firmware/brcm# cp brcmfmac4330-sdio.bin brcmfmac-ap6330-sdio.bin

root@arm-64:/usr/lib/firmware/brcm# cp nvra      ( there aren't the file nvram_ap330.txt) but......

but I'll create it by copying the same

root@arm-64:/usr/lib/firmware/brcm# cp brcmfmac4330-sdio.txt nvram_ap330.txt
root@arm-64:/usr/lib/firmware/brcm# uname -a

Linux arm-64 5.7.0-rc7-arm-64 #20.05.6 SMP PREEMPT Fri Jun 5 20:29:42 MSK 2020 aarch64 aarch64 aarch64 GNU/Linux

I will try to restart the system if it does not work I will try to copy the Android firmware that you indicate.

unfortunately it didn't work, i don't know if i did something wrong. the dmesg command shows errors in the kernel, my last attempt is to copy the android firmware as it works the same.

kernel messsages

[   22.112863] brcmfmac: brcmf_fw_alloc_request: using brcm/brcmfmac4330-sdio for chip BCM4330/4
[   22.113049] brcmfmac: brcmf_c_process_clm_blob: no clm_blob available (err=-2), device may have limited channels available
[   22.116751] brcmfmac: brcmf_c_preinit_dcmds: Firmware: BCM4330/4 wl0: Oct 25 2011 19:34:12 version 5.90.125.104

the other errors is

[   35.332338] ieee80211 phy0: brcmf_p2p_create_p2pdev: timeout occurred
[   35.332361] ieee80211 phy0: brcmf_cfg80211_add_iface: add iface p2p-dev-wlan0 type 10 failed: err=-5

as I said earlier, the wlan0 device is not able to scan wifi networks!!!!!

I am grateful to  dbsharpe and Balbes for their good bonuses in responding and helping the community! I hope to learn to be useful here too.

Edited by gilberto

5 hours ago, Turgus said:

What gives

xrandr --current  

??

My problem with "xrandr" was that this command don t run from ssh console, but if I use terminal emulator run ok. 

itś my answer:

homeserver@arm-64:~$ xrandr --current
Screen 0: minimum 320 x 200, current 1280 x 720, maximum 3840 x 2160
Composite-1 connected primary (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
   720x576i      50.00  
   720x480i      59.94  
HDMI-1 connected 1280x720+0+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y axis) 885mm x 498mm
   1280x720      60.00*+  50.00    59.94  
   1920x1080i    60.00    50.00    59.94  
   720x576       50.00  
   720x480       59.94  

Thank you

Edited by Juanbel

2 hours ago, gilberto said:

[   22.112863] brcmfmac: brcmf_fw_alloc_request: using brcm/brcmfmac4330-sdio for chip BCM4330/4

Devicetree is setup for BCM4330 so your kernel is pulling brcmfmac4330-sdio.bin, do you have a proper brcmfmac4330-sdio.txt in place?

2 hours ago, gilberto said:

[   22.116751] brcmfmac: brcmf_c_preinit_dcmds: Firmware: BCM4330/4 wl0: Oct 25 2011 19:34:12 version 5.90.125.104

This is the current linux-firmware version, hence a proper one for BCM4330.

3 hours ago, gilberto said:

22.116751] brcmfmac: brcmf_c_preinit_dcmds: Firmware: BCM4330/4 wl0: Oct 25 2011 19:34:12 version 5.90.125.104

Assuming eth0 is working with a internet connation, try these commands in order under armbian as root (su -):

cd /lib/firmware/brcm/
mv /lib/firmware/brcm/brcmfmac4330-sdio.bin /lib/firmware/brcm/brcmfmac4330-sdio.bin.backup
mv /lib/firmware/brcm/brcmfmac4330-sdio.txt /lib/firmware/brcm/brcmfmac4330-sdio.txt.backup

wget -O brcmfmac4330-sdio.bin "https://github.com/armbian/firmware/raw/master/brcm/brcmfmac-ap6330-sdio.bin"
wget -O brcmfmac4330-sdio.txt "https://github.com/armbian/firmware/raw/master/brcm/brcmfmac-ap6330-sdio.txt"
rmmod   brcmfmac brcmutil
sleep 3s ;  modprobe brcmfmac

dmesg | grep -i ": Firmware: "

The system should now report the following wifi firmware loaded:
Jan 23 2013 17:46:35 version 5.90.195.114

If this does not work, I'll describe how to determine the wifi firmware used by android but if they have the same digital file signatures, it will be no help to you.

5 hours ago, Juanbel said:

HDMI-1 connected 1280x720+0+0

So it seems that the (native) resolution of screen is not detected properly..could you set the command via terminal to change resolution?
Maybe you could add the desired res via commands for testing(will not be permanent and only for the session, but perfect to test..):

xrandr --newmode "1368x768_60.00"   85.25  1368 1440 1576 1784  768 771 781 798 -hsync +vsync

xrandr --addmode HDMI-1 1368x768_60.00

xrandr --output HDMI-1 --mode 1368x768_60.00

21 hours ago, Lexx said:

I registered the following line in the network/interfeises file: pre-up ifconfig eth0 hw ether 010000101010. it helped me. try it.

My file :

source /etc/network/interfaces.d/*

# Wired adapter #1

allow-hotplug eth0

no-auto-down eth0

iface eth0 inet dhcp

#iface eth0 inet static

#address 192.168.1.100

#netmask 255.255.255.0

#gateway 192.168.1.1

#dns-nameservers 8.8.8.8 8.8.4.4

#        hwaddress ether 62:04:24:q4:d4:cg

pre-up ifconfig eth0 hw ether 01:00:00:10:10:10

But still the problem.
Is my file good?

@balbes150

Hi balbes150, I'm using this image on my Tanix X3 Max s905w and it's excellent, thank you.

In future versions could you include a kernel headers .deb package? It would help a lot and is much preferable than the end user needing to set up a cross compile environment and repeat the work you already did. Thanks again.

10 minutes ago, julian67 said:

In future versions could you include a kernel headers .deb package? It would help a lot and is much preferable than the end user needing to set up a cross compile environment and repeat the work you already did. Thanks again.

I'm prepared to be corrected but I've natively compiled the whole image including kernel under the most recent focal and bionic arm64 ubuntu distros from https://github.com/150balbes/Build-Armbian as per the authors post  so you should be able to build whatever driver needs includes & libs.