Single Armbian image for RK + AML + AW (aarch64 ARMv8)

balbes150

19 hours ago, balbes150 said:

write the result

I have Khadas Vim 3 PRO(4/32 A311D), can run any tests you are interested in, what should I check?

Spoiler

(Я имею Khadas Vim 3 PRO(4/32 A311D), могу провести любые интересующие вас тесты, что нужно проверить?)

Has anyone been able to run any of the images from eMMC on a S912 device?

My device is T95U Pro running buster desktop from image Armbian_20.08.0_Arm-64_buster_current_5.7.0-rc7_desktop_20200531.img 

The image works perfectly well from SD card.

I am unable to setup eMMC to run this image using install-aml.sh.

I also noticed the partition table on the SD card and location specified in the script install-aml.sh are different.

image.png.4a4efbc779a00e4fb5865a6a232faaa5.png

install-aml.sh

image.png.f85a64455b329926b55cf3b6029fb544.png

When the script is run I can see only two partitions on /dev/mmcblk1.

After rebooting the device, all previous partition of Android stock image gets restored.

image.png.9485cf0f51b58913341afbe5accc674d.png

Am I missing something here?

Thank you for your help!

-R

17 hours ago, vikoadi said:

Tried on Sway, lima is detected, but glxgears is glitchy and stutters. Also lima echo a lot of pp pp2 reset time out when running glxgears

Previous images have the same behavior, or is this only typical for the test image ? You can perform the same tests with the last "normal" images ?

To All

GPU frequency control is enabled in the test image. What should improve the behavior of the system at maximum loads (GPU frequency should be maximum and maximum performance) and at minimum loads (GPU frequency should be minimum and heat decreases). This information is necessary for Martin to assess that his patches do not break the work of other parts. Therefore, we need comparative results of the system behavior in the test image and in the normal image (what works or doesn't work in the test image compared to the normal image).

Temperature readings during tests are also desirable. To do this, launch the terminal and run the command (sudo armbianmonitor -m > test.txt) and perform a system operation check. Based on the results of work (tests) in the file test.txt information about the temperature during the test will be saved. And attach these files here.

13 hours ago, Rajesh said:

After rebooting the device, all previous partition of Android stock image gets restored.

Either you have eMMC content replacement protection in your firmware, or you have NAND instead of eMMC.

32 minutes ago, balbes150 said:

Either you have eMMC content replacement protection in your firmware, or you have NAND instead of eMMC.

The TV Box specs mentions:

image.png.d66778effa96f9f02e534a52ee88070d.png

I am able to restore the stock Android image 'T95U Pro 7.1.1 V1012 AP6522' using Amlogic USB Burning tool so I presume 'eMMC content replacement protection firmware' may not be the case in this instance.

I tried to change these commands in install-aml.sh as:

echo "Start restore u-boot"

dd if=/root/u-boot-default-aml.img of="${DEV_EMMC}" conv=fsync bs=1 count=446
dd if=/root/u-boot-default-aml.img of="${DEV_EMMC}" conv=fsync bs=512 skip=1 seek=1

Changed 442 to 446 and now I am not able to even see the device listed:

image.png.a8b262687ec9aff49524a8dddf0b5b71.png

Should I be looking at some other scripts boot.cmd etc?

Thanks

Rajesh

Previous images have the same behavior, or is this only typical for the test image ? You can perform the same tests with the last "normal" images ?

It's always been like that. Never have a working opengl with lima.
Even on your Libreelec build, I have to disable Prime acceleration to not to crash the system.

Sent from my ASUS_X00TD using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, vikoadi said:

Even on your Libreelec build, I have to disable Prime acceleration to not to crash the system.

What and where do you disable ? If the app didn't work with OpenGL, you won't be able to launch the KODI interface. You may be disabling decoders for HW in the VPU, but this has nothing to do with the GPU.

What and where do you disable ? If the app didn't work with OpenGL, you won't be able to launch the KODI interface. You may be disabling decoders for HW in the VPU, but this has nothing to do with the GPU.
Settings-->Player and enable "Allow hardware acceleration - PRIME".
Yeah, you're right, it's maybe the vpu

Sent from my ASUS_X00TD using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, vikoadi said:

Settings-->Player and enable "Allow hardware acceleration - PRIME".

This is hardware decoding of video files, it is not related to the lima (GPU).

1 hour ago, balbes150 said:

This is hardware decoding of video files, it is not related to the lima (GPU).

I'm a little confuse, this build  Armbian_20.06.0_Arm-64_focal_current_5.7.6_desktop-TEST-GPU.img.xz enables hardware acceleration (GPU) or hardware video acceleration VPU (decoding)?

Because lima and panfrost was already working in the other build.  Just for quick curiosity because I'm at work, but I will try it at home! 

4 minutes ago, dante6913 said:

I'm a little confuse, this build  Armbian_20.06.0_Arm-64_focal_current_5.7.6_desktop-TEST-GPU.img.xz enables hardware acceleration (GPU) or hardware video acceleration VPU (decoding)?

Because lima and panfrost was already working in the other build.  Just for quick curiosity because I'm at work, but I will try it at home! 

Ok its optimization on GPU hardware acceleration

Thought I should just close the loop on this one. I tried this image on another Arm64 box 'Tanix TX3 mini' and it works like charm.

I was able to move the image to eMMC using install-aml.sh.

T95U Pro could possibly have some issue and needs further investigations.

@balbes150 If this has NAND and not eMMC, is there a workaround to create new partitions on the device. Thank you very much for useful tips.

--Rajesh

On 7/3/2020 at 2:06 PM, Rajesh said:

@balbes150 If this has NAND and not eMMC, is there a workaround to create new partitions on the device. Thank you very much for useful tips.

--Rajesh

I've been considering for some time bootstrapping from sdcard but mounting the internal flash as root.
If the /data partition is big enough, you could rm * everything and copy partition 2 from the sdcard.
I'd assume the init script in /boot/uInitrd would need modifying as the root= argument in /boot/uEnv.txt APPEND= only accepts devices, uuid & labels (AFAIK).
Note putting single in uEnv.txt APPEND boots to a shell at runlevel 1 which may help debugging etc.

Edit ... additonal notes:

1. Single user mode without mounting any disk file systems:
APPEND=rw console=ttyAML0,115200n8 console=tty0 no_console_suspend consoleblank=0 fsck.fix=yes fsck.repair=yes net.ifnames=0 single
(with HDMI and usb keyboard, you can access a console).

2. With some AML tv boxes, the kmsg error:
;EXT4-fs warning (device loop0): ext4_enable_quotas:5944: Failed to enable quota tracking (type=0, err=-3). Please run e2fsck to fix.
may occur. This is error comes from kernel fs/ext4/super.c and is probably due to a module not being loaded early at boot (or some other sysfs tweak) to understand file system quotas.
Work around is to mount the partition with losetup and reformat it with mke2fs -t ext4 (e2fsck does not fix it).

Edited by dbsharpe
Additional discovery

1 minute ago, dbsharpe said:

I've been considering for some time bootstrapping from sdcard but mounting the internal flash as root.
If the /data partition is big enough, you could rm * everything and copy partition 2 from the sdcard.
I'd assume the init script in /boot/uInitrd would need modifying as the root= argument in /boot/uEnv.txt APPEND= only accepts devices, uuid & labels (AFAIK).
Note putting single in uEnv.txt APPEND boots to a shell at runlevel 1 which may help debugging etc.

Thank you for the inputs. I wish I could get some debug output, but box does not have a UART debug pins and I do not wish to mess with soldering etc as I have just borrowed it for testing. 

I created a disk image of sd card (the one with working image for T95U pro) using dd on an Ubuntu system, copied it to a USB and then tried to move that image to eMMC/NAND (whatever it is) using dd if=/mnt/sd.img of=/dev/mmcblk1 bs=1M status=progress. Unfortunately this did not help.

--Rajesh

On 7/4/2020 at 1:30 AM, Rajesh said:

I am unable to locate gx_sound.sh in /root folder on the image I am burning on sd card.  Is there any other location I can get copy of this script?

Thanks

-R

I found it in one of the older images 'Armbian_20.05.0_Arm-64_buster_current_5.6.0-rc4_desktop_20200314.img.xz'. It appears these scripts has been dropped in the recent version.

However when I moved the images to eMMC using 'install-am.sh' with the most recent versions, occasionally I could observe the sound as not working. These scripts helps in those circumstances.

The issue has been resolved for now.

Thanks

-R

I have a tvbox X96mini and I am using the image Armbian_20.02.0-rc1.037_Aml-s9xxx_buster_current_5.5.0-rc6_desktop_20200205, I have tried the dbt: meson-gxl-s905w-p281.dtb and meson-gxl-s905w-tx3-mini.dtb.

With none of the tested dtb the remote control works, I would settle for being able to use the remote control to turn on the tvbox.

What can I do to make the ignition work with the remote control?

Dear sir balbes150,

Im using s905x (2/8gb), and use 'Armbian_20.06.0_Arm-64_bullseye_current_5.7.6_desktop_20200630' build, everything work just fine but no sound from 3.5 audio/rca jack. 

can you, sir, please activated this?

Thank you very much for your hard work.

Regards,

Android installation that comes on the tv boxes can display time when the display is available show such information.  Is it possible to do something similar from Armbian using a tool, utility or some custom program to drive this? 

Similar for using LED on tv boxes. This is well documented for Orange Pi cards. 

-R

23 minutes ago, Rajesh said:

Is it possible to do something similar from Armbian using a tool, utility or some custom program to drive this? 

It is theoretically possible.  But since each box is different you would need to get information from the device manufacturer (and likely source code for the specific hardware in their box) to be able to write a custom utility to do this.  I am not aware of anyone who had been able to do this successfully as generally the device manufacturers do not offer any type of support like this for their hardware.

That is a primary difference between a single-board computer like an Orange Pi and a generic TV box.  The SBCs are built for developers and generally include documentation and source code for the boards, but the TV boxes are generally completely unsupported (which is also why they often are cheaper for similar specs due to not needing to provide support).

On 7/7/2020 at 10:21 AM, Abah said:

Dear sir balbes150,

Im using s905x (2/8gb), and use 'Armbian_20.06.0_Arm-64_bullseye_current_5.7.6_desktop_20200630' build, everything work just fine but no sound from 3.5 audio/rca jack. 

can you, sir, please activated this?

Thank you very much for your hard work.

Regards,

This is an open source project.  So therefore if you want a particular feature you are welcome to implement it yourself, or you could offer to pay someone else to implement it for you.  To request or expect others who are volunteering their time to an open source project to implement something specific for your needs is not in the spirit of open source.

On 7/7/2020 at 6:39 AM, José Javier Domínguez Reina said:

With none of the tested dtb the remote control works, I would settle for being able to use the remote control to turn on the tvbox.

What can I do to make the ignition work with the remote control?

I don't expect that you will be able to get the remote control to work.  I generally don't expect that you can get wifi or bluetooth working.  The nature of these TV Boxes is such that if you get successful video and audio via hdmi and wired ethernet working you are doing good.  Anything beyond that is more likely than not to not work.  This is because there are probably a hundred different hardware configurations out there and none of them are supported by their manufacturers to enable the community to implement anything but the most generic features.

15 hours ago, SteeMan said:

I don't expect that you will be able to get the remote control to work.  I generally don't expect that you can get wifi or bluetooth working.  The nature of these TV Boxes is such that if you get successful video and audio via hdmi and wired ethernet working you are doing good.  Anything beyond that is more likely than not to not work.  This is because there are probably a hundred different hardware configurations out there and none of them are supported by their manufacturers to enable the community to implement anything but the most generic features.

133/5000

It seems strange to me, since in both Libreelec  the remote control works correctly.

Someone who can help, please

Thanks for alll

14 hours ago, SteeMan said:

This is an open source project.  So therefore if you want a particular feature you are welcome to implement it yourself, or you could offer to pay someone else to implement it for you.  To request or expect others who are volunteering their time to an open source project to implement something specific for your needs is not in the spirit of open source.

Thank you i get it now

Updated specialized images for Allwinner H6 to version 20.07. They now use the 5.7.7 kernel and u-boot-2020.07. The new u-boot-2020.07 (catalog 20200709 on the site) for Allwinner H6 is also available as an additional file for use with universal images from this theme.

4 hours ago, balbes150 said:

Updated specialized images for Allwinner H6 to version 20.07. They now use the 5.7.7 kernel and u-boot-2020.07. The new u-boot-2020.07 (catalog 20200709 on the site) for Allwinner H6 is also available as an additional file for use with universal images from this theme.

@balbes150 I tried this image on Tanix TX6 which has H6 and everything is working great including on board wifi. Added the new u-boot also.

As per the documentation here on Ambian https://docs.armbian.com/Hardware_Allwinner-H6/ the CPU of H6 is set to clock at highest possible speed. Is there a way to use CPU governor on these images? I tried to edit /etc/default/cpufrequtils to limit the freq to 1.5 MHz but could not perceive any visible effect. The CPU gets so hot (above 90 degrees C) that we can prepare coffee on the box at slightest provocation, like play a movie or something. The device is well ventilated and has alluminium heat sink with an additional metal plate on the top.  It is a good device and good Armbian image if the temp can be controlled. Let me know if I can try something to address this.

-R