Single Armbian image for RK + AML + AW (aarch64 ARMv8)

balbes150

On 9/24/2020 at 12:57 AM, Turgus said:

Hi @fergian94,

to run/install armbian on the x96mini is not that difficult:

after burning the image onto card you have to edit extlinux.conf to point to  /dtb/amlogic/meson-gxl-s905w-p281.dtb (added my extlinux.conf). Also you need to rename u-boot-s905x-s912 to u-boot.ext

then you plug in ethernet cable (or USB-WIFI) to have network(built in wifi doesn't work on +90% of devices..)

and keyboard (and sure the prepared card) to start via toothpick-method or via update-tool in android.

Once started from card everything should work as expected and if you configured/installed/localized all stuff you want/need, you could burn it on eMMC via

sudo /root/install-aml.sh

If you get problems to start from card and got android 9.x on the device, try burning(via card or via cable) android 7 version as startpoint.. You will find one linked for example here: https://www.getdroidtips.com/stock-firmware-x96-mini-tv-box/

extlinux.conf.x96mini 266 B · 5 downloads

Yes I have some problems in that sense. Using card, the device does not start at all. I tried using the toothpick and also without using it and with the card inserted, it still doesn't give any lifesign, since the monitor connected doesn't receive signal. Via update tool is impossible since it doesn't exist in my version (strange but true), maybe I have some proprietary or modified version I don't know. However I will now try to flash the stock 7.1.2 and start over the procedure, maybe I will be lucky.

Still many thanks

3 hours ago, fergian94 said:

Via update tool is impossible since it doesn't exist in my version

Yes, there are some android 9 versions without update tool, but on all x96minis(mine and from others) I could install armbian when using the nougat rom as startpoint(once you got armbian on the device newer armbian versions will boot flawless..)..

Hello friends, I have purchased a TV BOX Tanix TX3 mini (s912-q201) Mali T820, RAM 2GB. I have read the armbian documents and managed to start from SD, but now it doesn't start anymore.

The steps I follow:
1.- I download the file Armbian_20.05.4_Arm-64_buster_current_5.7.0-rc6_desktop_20200518
2.-I record the image with balena etcher
3.-I edit the uEnv.txt file
4.- I insert the SD in the TV BOX, I press the reset button + I connect the power.

Then the TX3 mini start appears and then the android recovery starts, the first time when I managed to start it did not show the TX3 mini logo, it started the armbian load.

I would appreciate help.

I am getting this error for wifi anyideas?
[   10.999555] ath10k_sdio mmc2:0001:1: Failed to find firmware-N.bin (N between 2 and 6) from ath10k/QCA9377/hw1.0: -2
[   10.999564] ath10k_sdio mmc2:0001:1: could not fetch firmware files (-2)

24 minutes ago, odin said:

[   10.999555] ath10k_sdio mmc2:0001:1: Failed to find firmware-N.bin (N between 2 and 6) from ath10k/QCA9377/hw1.0: -2

Obviously missing firmware. Try installing firmware-atheros package if available for your distro flavor or google for qualcom atheros firmware.

55 minutes ago, Werner said:

Obviously missing firmware. Try installing firmware-atheros package if available for your distro flavor or google for qualcom atheros firmware.

I tried installing the firmware from the pkg manager but still get the same error

3 hours ago, odin said:

When I had wifi and firmware issues in Armbian, I used the firmware found running under Android.
I'd also look at the linux kernel source code for the particular module loaded to find out the firmware file names, usually defined in the .h header files

4 hours ago, odin said:

sudo apt-get install linux-firmware
cd /tmp
git clone --depth=1 https://github.com/erstrom/ath10k-firmware
sudo rm -r /lib/firmware/ath10k/QCA9377/hw1.0
sudo mv /tmp/ath10k-firmware/QCA9377/hw1.0 /lib/firmware/ath10k/QCA9377/
cp /lib/firmware/ath10k/QCA9377/hw1.0/firmware-5.bin_WLAN.TF.1.0-00267-1 /lib/firmware/ath10k/QCA9377/hw1.0/firmware-5.bin
cp /lib/firmware/ath10k/QCA9377/hw1.0/untested/firmware-sdio-5.bin_WLAN.TF.1.1.1-00061-QCATFSWPZ-1 /lib/firmware/ath10k/QCA9377/hw1.0/firmware-sdio-5.bin

reboot

11 hours ago, ryuchaing said:

Tanix TX3 mini (s912-q201)

Are you sure that the specs are right?! ..all tanix tx3 minis I saw had(like the x96mini too) a s905w (not a s912) and there is a dtb meson-gxl-s905w-tx3-mini.dtb for tx3m (also meson-gxl-s905w-p281.dtb should work better than p201 which works just basically) then it should work.

Is there a special reason you choose such an old image(better try one of the newer the extlinux-variants..) ??

6 hours ago, Turgus said:

Are you sure that the specs are right?! ..all tanix tx3 minis I saw had(like the x96mini too) a s905w (not a s912) and there is a dtb meson-gxl-s905w-tx3-mini.dtb for tx3m (also meson-gxl-s905w-p281.dtb should work better than p201 which works just basically) then it should work.

Is there a special reason you choose such an old image(better try one of the newer the extlinux-variants..) ??

Yes, I share some photos of the device. At the moment I am using Emuelec, I also provided LibreELEC and if it works, the funny thing is that the first time I tried Armbian_20.05.4_Arm-64_buster_current_5.7.0-rc6_desktop_20200518 and it worked but then it didn't start anymore.

Photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/4tVHrh6oeGPMz6GJ8

Excuse me, my english, I support myself with google translator.

..crazy world, okay-then you have to use s912 files as you did..I think the problem is that you used other systems which use other bootloader(then uboot is messed up for the mechanisms used with these armbian builds). Try starting with fresh android install (preferably nougat rom as it brings the best startpoint for armbian attempts..) to get un-tweaked bootloader..

14 hours ago, Falldaemon said:

sudo apt-get install linux-firmware
cd /tmp
git clone --depth=1 https://github.com/erstrom/ath10k-firmware
sudo rm -r /lib/firmware/ath10k/QCA9377/hw1.0
sudo mv /tmp/ath10k-firmware/QCA9377/hw1.0 /lib/firmware/ath10k/QCA9377/
cp /lib/firmware/ath10k/QCA9377/hw1.0/firmware-5.bin_WLAN.TF.1.0-00267-1 /lib/firmware/ath10k/QCA9377/hw1.0/firmware-5.bin
cp /lib/firmware/ath10k/QCA9377/hw1.0/untested/firmware-sdio-5.bin_WLAN.TF.1.1.1-00061-QCATFSWPZ-1 /lib/firmware/ath10k/QCA9377/hw1.0/firmware-sdio-5.bin

reboot

Awesome worked perfect, thank you!

On 9/27/2020 at 3:25 PM, Turgus said:

..crazy world, okay-then you have to use s912 files as you did..I think the problem is that you used other systems which use other bootloader(then uboot is messed up for the mechanisms used with these armbian builds). Try starting with fresh android install (preferably nougat rom as it brings the best startpoint for armbian attempts..) to get un-tweaked bootloader..

Indeed the problem was the U-Boot, I managed to load again armbian Armbian_20.05.4_Arm-64_buster_current_5.7.0-rc6_desktop_20200518 (the only one I have been able to load) but without working the wifi, unfortunately I formatted the NAND, it can be solved with the USB_Burning tool but I am in the task of finding the correct firmware since my equipment is a special case.

Hi everyone I got the box pretty much setup nicely now, using the wifi fix above it fixes the wifi (though I had to set the wlan0 MTU to 1200 or ssh would freeze up not a big deal), is it possible to get bluetooth working too,? or not possible, I noticed if I used the g200 dtb the Bluetooth icon wouldn't show but if I use the beelink gt1 dtb I get the bt icon but when I click on it it disappears and doesn't work..... I rarely use BT so not a bug deal..

Also I was wondering about video acceleration for the s912 I keep going through threads but can't find useful info, the Test.mp4 video plays fine but it seems to be using cpu rather then the GPU, I tried some 1080p h264 videos but they are pretty laggy using mpv, vlc, smplayer, .

Thanks.

I am currently using Armbian_20.09_Arm-64_focal_current_5.9.0-rc6_desktop.img.xz , beelink-gt1 dtb , s912

On 9/28/2020 at 6:59 AM, balbes150 said:

ver 20200928-dev kernel 5.9-rc7

@balbes150 is their any reason the beelink-gt1.dtb is missing from the dev build?

also under  armbian-config (using the g200 dtb) I can only set the max speed to 1000mhz, I thought the s912 soc could do 1500....

(edit ok I had to rm /etc/default/cpufrequtils to reset it, seems to be a glitch in armbian-config ?)

12 minutes ago, usual user said:

The kernel has not enabled

I've explained it many times. This is the DEV version and is intended solely for testing purposes. It DOES NOT include any additional patches

For those who need a working version with maximum support, you should use the CURRENT version. 

In the CURRENT version, sound 3.5 works on Nanopc T4 and RockPI 4B. :)

Hello,

I have a x96 mini and i am trying to install the aml_autoscript with both methods (android & toothpick) but it always fails.

I noticed that in the most recent images i downloaded the aml_autoscript.zip is 0 bytes. Is this correct?

12 hours ago, Pasxalisk said:

Hello,

I have a x96 mini and i am trying to install the aml_autoscript with both methods (android & toothpick) but it always fails.

I noticed that in the most recent images i downloaded the aml_autoscript.zip is 0 bytes. Is this correct?

Yes, the size doesn't mean anything as it just initializes use of the aml_autoscript ..which android version is your rom? if its android 9.x try burning nougat rom as startpoint..

I've been looking all over the internet for img file for TX3 Mini, looks like all of them cited to this post and it has been deleted from here. 

And all the tutorials I have seen so far, uses dtb for tx3 mini. But that dtb system is gone. Does anyone have an older img file uploaded somewhere?

There are some videos on this new system but they all seem to use TX6 and it has its own uboot file. There's no uboot file for TX3 mini (Amlogic s905w) in the given folder. Where can I find that? 

I'd really appreciate some help here. Thank you. :(

On 10/3/2020 at 2:36 PM, hexdump said:

@Amor Asad - just try the s905w p281 dtb, i think it should just work - there is nothing really special about the tx3 mini, its just a normal s905w tv box

The problem is, cant find the s905w dtb. They are all replaced by new uboot system. 

..the dtb files are where they always were!? ..I just burnt the 20201002 version on card and p281 & tx3mini dtbs are there:

dtb.png.0bb7c70675606428b4ed58ce26f0e8a5.png

..and your extlinux.conf (in the folder /BOOT/extlinux/) should look either:

LABEL Armbian
LINUX /zImage
INITRD /uInitrd

#FDT /dtb/amlogic/meson-gxl-s905w-p281.dtb

FDT /dtb/amlogic/meson-gxl-s905w-tx3-mini.dtb

APPEND root=LABEL=ROOTFS rootflags=data=writeback rw console=ttyAML0,115200n8 console=tty0 no_console_suspend consoleblank=0 fsck.fix=yes fsck.repair=yes net.ifnames=0

or

LABEL Armbian
LINUX /zImage
INITRD /uInitrd

FDT /dtb/amlogic/meson-gxl-s905w-p281.dtb

#FDT /dtb/amlogic/meson-gxl-s905w-tx3-mini.dtb

APPEND root=LABEL=ROOTFS rootflags=data=writeback rw console=ttyAML0,115200n8 console=tty0 no_console_suspend consoleblank=0 fsck.fix=yes fsck.repair=yes net.ifnames=0

ver 20.10 (20201005) kernel 5.9-rc7

Checked the latest version on Firefly Station P1 (rk3399). :)

http://bbs.t-firefly.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=2744&extra=page%3D1

All equipment (LAN WiFi BT audio via HDMI, etc.), except for analog audio 3.5, works. To enable analog audio, you need to check the DTB, it may not have the necessary section.

Hi Guys,

Really don't know if this is the right place to post this but here goes :)

I have a tx9s (S912) amlogic Mediaplayer. 

I can run the Armbian_20.09_Arm-64_focal_current_5.8.7_desktop.img with meson-gxm-vega-s96.dtb without problems everything seems to be working. 

As I really do not need the desktop I was trying to use the console version (Armbian_20.09_Arm-64_focal_current_5.8.7.img.xz) but there seems to be going something wrong. 

After the device is booted the root password is set (asked) and a user is created (asked) but I cannot use sudo. It throws an error "sudo: /usr/bin/sudo must be owned by uid 0 and have the setuid bit set" 

When I look at permissions I see a user 1023 is owner and group of almost any file /directory.  

Can't see that I am doing something wrong (Just following the given steps) 

I also have tried image: Armbian_20.10_Arm-64_focal_current_5.9.0-rc7.img.xz but same results.

Any help is appreciated.

46 minutes ago, Dragao said:

It throws an error "sudo: /usr/bin/sudo must be owned by uid 0 and have the setuid bit set" 

I've seen these permission issue posts a few times before but never had them myself or know why they occur.
stat /usr/bin/sudo on my system shows 4755 owned by root.

After logging in, try the su - command instead of sudo winch will switch you to root (or login as root).
See this link about single user mode to change permissions (chmod 4755 /usr/bin/sudo ; chown roor:root /usr/bin/sudo).
Bit elementary but the only help I can offer.

not sure if it is related, but i once had a tv box where the android on it changed the permissions and ownership to world readable etc. on all attached filesystems when it booted and as such also completely trashed the linux on the sd card - this was absolutely reproducible on that box ...