Single Armbian image for RK + AML + AW (aarch64 ARMv8)

balbes150

Hi All, 

I have a question and I am not sure if this is the right place :) (Mods, feel free to move this message if needed)

I successfully run an image on my tx9s from SD card. 

I have seen script to install on eMMC.  Kan I just run one of these scripts? or are these for specific devices? 

Is it even possible to install armbian on the eMMC

Thanks in advance

On 10/6/2020 at 9:35 PM, dbsharpe said:

I've seen these permission issue posts a few times before but never had them myself or know why they occur.
stat /usr/bin/sudo on my system shows 4755 owned by root.

After logging in, try the su - command instead of sudo winch will switch you to root (or login as root).
See this link about single user mode to change permissions (chmod 4755 /usr/bin/sudo ; chown roor:root /usr/bin/sudo).
Bit elementary but the only help I can offer.

In my case it was a hardware problem with the sd card. 

Hello, i'm new in the forum, but have been using the armbian images for a while now.
My base image version is img-5.5.0-rc6-aml-s9xxx.
I'm currently using the emmc of a Beelink Gt1(2GB RAM and 16GB) and when i try to use the apt update & apt upgrade normally i can't startup the box. Have to boot by sdcard, and copy the 5.5.0 files back to the boot partition of the emmc.

My doubt is, when i run the apt update & apt upgrade does this mean that i've move forward in the image version? because the files in the boot don't change name, so i've no clue if i'm running the img-5.9.0-arm-64 or not.

Other thing i've tried yesterday was to upgrade using the apt, and then place the img-5.9.0-arm-64 files in the boot replacing the 5.5.0 ones, but the box didn't boot.

Any idea?

Thanks for the great support and images @balbes150.

1 hour ago, Cimeiro said:

and then place the img-5.9.0-arm-64 files

1 hour ago, Cimeiro said:

My base image version is img-5.5.0-rc6-aml-s9xxx.

There is no upgrade path from the s9xxx builds to the latest arm-64 builds (package names have changed and the booting environment has changed - uEnv.txt replaced by extlinux.conf).  I would recommend making a backup to external media (usb or sdcard) and then installing a clean install of 5.9.0 and then migrating your data back from your backup.  Or just stay on your current 5.5.0 environment.