Single Armbian image for RK + AML + AW (aarch64 ARMv8)

balbes150

1 hour ago, noname said:

With the transfer to eMMC, I will wait for a stable release. In your opinion, is it possible to use kernel version 5.5?

I have been using the eMMC system installed on TX6 for a long time. The only inconvenience for me is that until the complete shutdown works, you need to disconnect the power supply from the mains.

13 hours ago, noname said:

But be sure to make a full backup of eMMC with the DDBR utility before installing it

Now I only have a 32Gb memory card (on board install 64Gb). When I started the utility, it worked for an hour and then the board stopped responding to the ssh. Can I specify another point where to backup?

Edit: Understood, the first parameter is the destination folder. At the same time, the script still swears that there is no space on the SD, but it seems to copy to disk.

Edit2: I connected to monitor and trying backup to external USB disk. Always system is freezing. Sometimes system freezing by 20%, sometimes by 70%. I could not backup.

11 hours ago, noname said:

Now I only have a 32Gb memory card (on board install 64Gb). When I started the utility, it worked for an hour and then the board stopped responding to the ssh. Can I specify another point where to backup?

Edit: Understood, the first parameter is the destination folder. At the same time, the script still swears that there is no space on the SD, but it seems to copy to disk.

Edit2: I connected to monitor and trying backup to external USB disk. Always system is freezing. Sometimes system freezing by 20%, sometimes by 70%. I could not backup.

1. Has the cooling system been redesigned ?

2. When creating the copy, you need to choose a compressed copy. If you didn't write anything extra to eMMC when running Android, the compressed copy will be about 1-2 GB in size and can easily be placed even on 8Gb media.

The u-boot version for SPI for RockPI 4B is now available with support for starting any system from USB. After installing this version in SPI, you can forget about using crappy SD cards and use USB drives to quickly launch any system. You can install the main system on eMMC and run test systems directly from USB.  :)

https://forum.radxa.com/t/source-code-for-the-u-boot-spi-build/2574/16?u=balbes-150

13 hours ago, balbes150 said:

1. Has the cooling system been redesigned ?

2. When creating the copy, you need to choose a compressed copy. If you didn't write anything extra to eMMC when running Android, the compressed copy will be about 1-2 GB in size and can easily be placed even on 8Gb media.

1. No, but i change CPU frequency to 1.5 GHz. You are right, it turns off from overheating.

After changing the frequency, the case is barely warm. Turns off even after changing the frequency.

2. I am making a compressed copy, but the script processes 64G anyway.

Edit: I lowered the frequency to 1.3 GHz and disconnected the external usb-drive and a backup was created (1.5 Gb).

All previous attempts to create a backup external usb-drive was connected and I think the problems were because of this.

After having some issues on Armbian_20.05.0-trunk_Arm-64_bionic_current_5.5.1_desktop_20200220.img.xz (had no icons and no upper panel with two different cards..) Armbian_20.05.0-trunk_Arm-64_bionic_current_5.5.1_desktop_20200227.img.xz runs and installs flawless again on my x96-mini 2/16 Testbox(as always connected via ETH and using analogue output on usb soundcard).

Hello guys,  I'm trying to get armbian 20.05 buster on a Beelink GT1 2GB, but unfortunately I cannot get ethernet to work. I had success with an older version (4.20.5-aml-s912 ubuntu armbian) with khadas-vim2 dtb, but the same dtb from 20.05 does not work (no eth0 interface). Using q201 dtb seems to make the eth0 interface available but it won't actually connect (dhcp failing, manual configuration also not working). Has anyone managed to get ethernet working on recent kernel with Beelink GT1 ?

On 2/21/2020 at 10:32 AM, balbes150 said:

Updated the u-boot file for Tx6 mini (Allwinner H6), now it runs from USB media.

Hi, I bag pardon for my maybe stupid question. Do I need a u-boot extra image + the armbian distro? I usally only burn the Armbian image with dd (linux) to a SD Card. Is that sufficient? Cause I do not see anything happen when I try to boot with the SD Card. I Have a T95 Allwinner H616 Mali G31 MP2 4GB LPDDR4 loke in this review: https://tvboxstop.com/2020-tv-boxes/t95-allwinner-h616-android-10-tv-box-review/

Help would be very appreciated.

14 hours ago, zanfi said:

Do I need a u-boot extra image + the armbian distro?

To run these generic images on Allwinner, you need to add u-boot and configure dtb in uEnv.txt as described earlier in this topic.

5 hours ago, balbes150 said:

To run these generic images on Allwinner, you need to add u-boot and configure dtb in uEnv.txt as described earlier in this topic.

Thanks...I wrote with dd (linux) the armbian image to the card. Then I wrote with dd (same parameters, only another image name) the u-boot to the card. But I think it's not the right way cause gparted sees the card as damaged.

example:

sudo dd if=Armbian_20.02.1_Pineh64_bionic_current_5.4.20.img of=/dev/sda status=progress bs=4M && sudo sync

How am I suppoed to write the u-boot image after the armbian image?

Thank for your advice!

@zanfi just to clear any confusion - there are multiple Tanix TX6 variants:

- Tanix TX6 - Allwinner H6

- Tanix TX6 mini - Allwinner H6

- Tanix TX6s - Allwinner H616

As you can see, Tanix TX6s won't work with any image you can find, because it's using new SoC which is not supported anywhere. There are no public SDK and datasheet releases (that I know) for it, so you can't find any images besides Android from box manufacturer.

1 hour ago, jernej said:

@zanfi just to clear any confusion - there are multiple Tanix TX6 variants:

- Tanix TX6 - Allwinner H6

- Tanix TX6 mini - Allwinner H6

- Tanix TX6s - Allwinner H616

As you can see, Tanix TX6s won't work with any image you can find, because it's using new SoC which is not supported anywhere. There are no public SDK and datasheet releases (that I know) for it, so you can't find any images besides Android from box manufacturer.

Right, but... I should see some boot on screen I believe...or am I wrong?

I do not see anything at all, that's why I believe I'm doing something wrong.

Cheers.

50 minutes ago, zanfi said:

I do not see anything at all, that's why I believe I'm doing something wrong.

Cheers.

It depends what you mean by screen.  It you mean a terminal program listening on the uart port, yes you should see something, if you are expecting to see something via the HDMI port then no.  HDMI is initialized late in the process and depends on most things working/configured properly to see anything.

1 hour ago, zanfi said:

It's completely different SoC which means that your boot attempt probably doesn't pass RAM initialization, if it even gets there. So no, you'll not see anything on the screen.

15 minutes ago, SteeMan said:

It depends what you mean by screen.  It you mean a terminal program listening on the uart port, yes you should see something,

I wouldn't count on UART either, since there is no guarantee it's on the same base address as on H6. Also UART related clocks may be different.

Hi,

I installed on X96 Mini (P281). 

when I try to install to internal it says "UNABLE TO FIND EMMC" and lsblk shows only thumb drive and zram[0,1].

Why my emmc doesn't show?

I've used Armbian_20.05.0-trunk_Arm-64_focal_current_5.5.1_20200227

6 minutes ago, dsh said:

Salut,

J'ai installé sur X96 Mini (P281). 

lorsque j'essaie d'installer en interne, il dit "UNABLE TO FIND EMMC" et lsblk affiche uniquement la clé USB et zram [0,1].

Pourquoi mon emmc ne s'affiche pas?

J'ai utilisé Armbian_20.05.0-trunk_Arm-64_focal_current_5.5.1_20200227

Some x96mini model do not have EMMC, I already had the problem on a 1Gb / 8Gb model.

6 minutes ago, almotra said:

Some x96mini model do not have EMMC, I already had the problem on a 1Gb / 8Gb model.

One of earlier build was detecting and I was able to install to emmc. Sadly I don't remember which.

I recorded the official Armbian image for RockPi 4B on a USB flash drive (I didn't change anything after recording), connected it to RockPI, turned on the power, and the system automatically started on RockPi 4B (using the new u-boot-spi). At the same time, I have my own version of Armbian on NVMe. If you use the new u-boot-spi, you can easily start any system from USB.  :)

performed a similar check for official versions of Libreelec (starting from USB when using the new u-boot-spi), everything starts and works fine. :)

https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread/17540-early-mainline-images-for-rk3288-rk3328-and-rk3399/

6 hours ago, dsh said:

Hi,

I installed on X96 Mini (P281). 

when I try to install to internal it says "UNABLE TO FIND EMMC" and lsblk shows only thumb drive and zram[0,1].

Why my emmc doesn't show?

I've used Armbian_20.05.0-trunk_Arm-64_focal_current_5.5.1_20200227

I have a 2GB/16GB and i installed it yesterday with buster no desktop on emmc. I tried with bionic and i add a problem with sudoer.

Hi all, a bit of your patience and support here please, do I have to rename armbian_first_run.template and/or the u_boot.sd? Been up and down the forum a bunch of times and still can't figure this one out. 

I had previously launched coreElect on the T95Q S905X2 4GB 32GB using a SD card, I am now trying to run Armbian_20.05.0-trunk_Arm-64_bionic_current_5.5.1_desktop_20200227.img.xz but doesn't seem to load any attempts, so I believe to be correct that for it to happen I must first flush the tv box with original firmware, I am using a mac so there is extra work ahead.

Has anyone recently managed to get this latest images running on a similar box that can point me to a possible dbt file?

I have 2 question:

- Has anybody an idea why I have input lags with all kind of ubuntu server images (bionic, disco, eoan) when I operate the system via SSH (Putty over Windows) while with Debian buster images everything goes fast and smooth with ssh? Means, when I edit a e.g. a config file and want to move down with the curser it need about 1 sec until I see curser movin in putty terminal.

(with a keaboard directly on the box all images operate smooth without input lags)

- Did anyone succesfully installed an image in X96 air tvbox in emmc? I am afraid to do and brick it because i read something about u-boot and amlogic 905X3 problems or so?

Any info/help is appreciated

btw: I use X96 air (4/64) and my box did boot directly from usb from the beginning on; no need for sd cards.

26 minutes ago, slaven said:

I have 2 question:

- Has anybody an idea why I have input lags with all kind of ubuntu server images (bionic, disco, eoan) when I operate the system via SSH (Putty over Windows) while with Debian buster images everything goes fast and smooth

See this post about selinux and apply it to the relevant boot cmd file.
https://forum.armbian.com/topic/7930-armbian-for-amlogic-s9xxx-kernel-5x/?do=findComment&comment=91407 and check selinux is disabled with sestatus command.
I've found .dtb, sdcard & selinux causes most issues currently with armbian builds.

4 hours ago, el_ayoun said:

I had previously launched coreElect on the T95Q S905X2 4GB 32GB using a SD card, I am now trying to run Armbian_20.05.0-trunk_Arm-64_bionic_current_5.5.1_desktop_20200227.img.xz but doesn't seem to load any attempts, so I believe to be correct that for it to happen I must first flush the tv box with original firmware, I am using a mac so there is extra work ahead.

only full recovery of the standard firmware via USB Burn Tool will help you.