Libre Computer La Frite

TonyMac32

I know there is a template, but this board is already on the download page as unsupported, just ran a group of tests on it after building a full desktop image, I think we can move it to supported without any issues, the S805X is the same as an S905X with some things turned off, like comparing an H3 and an H2+.

Pros:

SPI contains u-boot, we don't have to do anything with that.  Libre Computer updates the firmware periodically (available on their site)

1.  already supports USB boot, etc, and has a "press escape for menu" option, making it very difficult to brick.
  2. UMS mode is menu selectable (I feel like we need to look at this.  :lol:
  3. I have booted Armbian from both USB and eMMC using the SPI bootloader without issue

Board has no special hardware that isn't part of the SoC, so as long as mainline support for the SoC remains, should be minimal support

Amlogic devices are being cared for by BayLibre

Cons:

1. less powerful than other Amlogic powered offerings
  2. will bring "bought the cheap one need support" crowd (not that that's unique)

8 hours ago, Igor said:

added instructions for updating SPI

Good.  It is not the simplest thing to find the firmwares.  Might also want to (I can do this if I remember the credentials) put a note about flashing the eMMC, which USB port is important, and unplugging the A - A when finished because it really corrupts things if you don't (ask me how I know)

@Igor  Oh, forgot:  I tried to install the full desktop/etc from the minimal image, it was not amused, lightdm failed completely.  I didn't really have time to diagnose the issue I'm afraid.

I am proposing after decision is made on a board to close the thread for that board in this subforum.  Please pose any questions relating to this board to the appropriate support forum.  (In this case S905(X), as S805X is the same family)