Updated build script targets

Igor

Enabled kernel 5.4.y / on:

- sunxi/sunxi64 dev (+ u-boot 2019.10)
- imx6 current

- mvebu64 dev

- meson64 dev

Will also available in 6 - 8h in beta repository if building on all targets succeeds

Only for experimenting - no end user support.

As information: My Odroid C2 (meson64) wouldnt boot with the image Armbian_19.11.3_Odroidc2_buster_dev_5.4.0.img :(

So signs of life on the screen / no blinking led (doenst have the special serial-TTL for the C2)

Armbian_19.11.3_Odroidc2_buster_current_5.3.13.img does boot fine :)

2 hours ago, guidol said:

As information: My Odroid C2 (meson64) wouldnt boot with the image Armbian_19.11.3_Odroidc2_buster_dev_5.4.0.img :(

So signs of life on the screen / no blinking led (doenst have the special serial-TTL for the C2)

Armbian_19.11.3_Odroidc2_buster_current_5.3.13.img does boot fine :)

Due to this bug https://github.com/armbian/build/issues/1604 I just found the root of the problem. Fix will follow once during a day, tomorrow build should be fine.

19 hours ago, Igor said:

Due to this bug

IMHO DTB placement should be strictly in the same place where the kernel files are. Only this ensures the correct start of the system in any version of the partitions used. There should be no simlinks. For example, network startup of the system or placing the "/boot " partition on a separate partition.

And do not need a separate file " dtb.deb", all data should be included in the file " image.deb" (this ensures the correct DTB version for the kernel they are built with).

4 hours ago, balbes150 said:

in any version of the partitions used

If linking fails, file is copied. This is covered.

Yes, I understand your proposal and we should plan this change for future.

16 minutes ago, Igor said:

Yes, I understand your proposal and we should plan this change for future.

If you are interested, you can watch this patch. It has something to optimize, but it solves the overall problem well. It allows you to build a universal kernel for several platforms at once. And a single kernel file is collected along with the DTB. I use it without any changes for all platforms with kernel 5.  :)

https://github.com/150balbes/Build-Armbian/blob/master/patch/kernel/aml-g12-default/packaging-default.patch