1 1
technik007_cz

Reboot results in poweroff on Olimex Lime2-emmc and Olimex Micro

I have had similar issues what somebody had on this forum but I cannot post reply because the topic is closed.
But I found solution. You need to downgrade u-boot with following commands.

For Olimex Micro:

apt-get install linux-u-boot-next-micro=5.60

Tested on ARMBIAN 5.60 stable Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS 4.19.84-sunxi

For Olimex Lime2:

apt-get install linux-u-boot-lime2-emmc-next=5.30

Tested on Ubuntu Bionic with Armbian Linux 4.19.81-sunxi

Firstly htop show 1 cpu only with linux-u-boot-micro-default versions 5.60 and 5.38. Secondly it causes the reboot problem.

Version linux-u-boot-micro-next=5.60 which is the latest now is OK and finishes reboot completely.

I will test lime2 soon...

45 minutes ago, technik007_cz said:

Firstly htop show 1 cpu only with linux-u-boot-micro-default versions 5.60 and 5.38. Secondly it causes the reboot problem.

Version linux-u-boot-micro-next=5.60 which is the latest now is OK and finishes reboot completely.

I will test lime2 soon...

That is expected/known.

Download latest image and use that (old versions are not supported) unless you know exactly what you are doing. Which kernel / u-boot goes where ...

Test of Lime2

Ubuntu Bionic with Armbian Linux 4.19.81-sunxi

linux-u-boot-lime2-next=5.90 (latest) NOK

linux-u-boot-lime2-next=5.85 NOK

linux-u-boot-lime2-default=5.90 (latest) NOK

linux-u-boot-lime2-default=5.85 NOK

linux-u-boot-lime2-current=19.11.3 NOK

linux-u-boot-lime2-emmc-next=5.31 NOK

linux-u-boot-lime2-emmc-next=5.30 NOK

linux-u-boot-lime2-emmc-next=5.25 NOK

NOK - cannot finish reboot and reset of board is necessary

Interesting results, I could not find for my setup where I am using root on nfs and custom image working u-boot.
I will do more tests but with boot image on emmc and not on microsd like in this test.
Note: the first test where linux-u-boot-lime2-emmc-next=5.30 I found working for my setup is boot image placed on emmc.

I found working u-boot for Lime2 running on Bionic, microsdcard and kernel 4.19.81
It is:

https://apt.armbian.com/pool/main/l/linux-u-boot-lime2-next/linux-u-boot-next-lime2_5.38_armhf.deb

I tried to retest u-boot for emmc board and it did not work. I did it differently than last time when I had an microsd inserted and after reinstalling of u-boot was whole microsd copied to mmc.

In this test microsd was removed and booted from emmc. After few tries, reinstalls and reboots I found message from installer saying it wrote u-boot to /dev/mmclk0. Problem is this device does not exist. Emmc module is under /dev/mmcblk1.

So I need to extract binary file from *.deb package and write it manually or return back to previous method.