problems when setting CPU frequency on Olimex A20 Lime2

sunshinetime

Armbianmonitor:

hi all,

I've been running into an issue where the kernel starts throwing error messages (https://pastebin.com/bmPJPeq0), the board becomes very slow and the cpu load goes to 11 and stays there. This seems to happen when I change the CPU freq using armbian-config to anything lower than 528MHz.

Any ideas how I could resolve this?

1 hour ago, sunshinetime said:

I've been running into an issue where the kernel starts throwing error messages

For start, upgrade to latest kernel + update u-boot and then try to reproduce this problem. 

Hi Igor,

Thanks for your suggestions. I've tried to update the kernel as suggested in the page you linked to but I get an error: "Test install failed. Can't change firmware"
The contents of /tmp/switch_kernel.log are this:

linux-image-current-sunxi=19.11.3 linux-dtb-current-sunxi=19.11.3 linux-u-boot-olinuxino-a20-current

Any suggestions on how to continue from there?

8 hours ago, sunshinetime said:

Any suggestions on how to continue from there?

Strange. Do you have network connection at the time you were trying to upgrade? 

You just also try to make a fresh build on a separate SD card to see if that works.

I am getting the same error saying "Test install failed. Can't change firmware" when I try to upgrade to kernel 5.3.9 and the file /tmp/switch_kernel.log contains just one line:

linux-image-current-sunxi=19.11.3 linux-dtb-current-sunxi=19.11.3 linux-u-boot-bananapi-current