Quectel modem not working on OPi Zero Plus2 H5

ALYD

Hello,

I have a Quectel EC25 modem which works fine on OPi Zero Plus and other boards, now I'm trying it in an OPi Zero Plus 2 H5 board, it loads the network interface but it doesn't gets good internet, some IPs respond but most others(google.com por example) don't. I'm wondering if there is any drivers or incompatibility issue. Any help will be welcome. Thanks in advance,

Alejandro

Edit:

In this images I show:

1- the ppp0 network interface

2- the lsusb command which shows the modem

3- A ping that works and a ping that doesn't

4- The logs loading the OS, it freezes on the last line

index.jpeg

index2.jpeg

index3.jpeg

index4.jpeg

8 minutes ago, ALYD said:

it loads the network interface but it doesn't gets good internet, some IPs respond but most others(google.com por example) don't.

Maybe results of bad network config, such as DNS or Default Gateway ... How is this module is connected to OPi ? (Because OPiZeroPlus-H5 is a good board, I don't see why the issue could be board-related ...)

@martinayotte thanks for your reply. The thing is that the same modem and sim works just fine on other windows and other OPis, also the board using wlan gets internet completely fine. I agree OPiZeroPlus-H5 shouldn't have a problem, that's why it's so weird.

46 minutes ago, ALYD said:

that's why it's so weird.

Maybe not ... your pings with IP are pinging localhost, not external ones, doing "ping www.google.com" seems unresolved, probably DNS issue.

Your last screenshot showing that it didn't get IP from external DHCP and defaulting to IP on another subnet.

Check what "route -n" reveals ! Also, compare same command output on the OPi where it is working ...

@martinayotte here is the command route -n ran on DemoH5 in which I have the issue and on Prototipo1, where everything is fine. Look if interested I could give you access to the OPi just so you can test and maybe see the problem. I'm not an expert or anything like that in this matters.

index5.jpeg

14 hours ago, ALYD said:

I'm not an expert or anything like that in this matters.

I'm not an expert either, especially that I never used such modem.

With DemoH5-01, there is a gateway to wlan0, I've expected that it should be to pp0. On Prototipo1, I don't see any gateway, maybe it is below the scrolling area ? Can you redo it fill screen ?