Orange pi 4

Jack953

may be it will help i havent asound.conf in /etc/ , i have several sound card installed or detected ( correct me if necessary ) 0 : dummy   1: loopback  2: realtek 5651co with armbian 20.02.06 , if i stay on sound , default sink, a file appears and i can see that the 3 built- in are " state : suspended"

10 minutes ago, VyacheslavS said:

Do it and show it

uname -a

?

My Bluetooth only works on kernel 4.4, but not on 5.4.

actually the official ( on armbian.com ) armbian buster image 20.02.6 use kernel 4.4.213 and so is my uname -a .. it should be fine for your speaker ;)

51 minutes ago, epik said:

actually the official ( on armbian.com ) armbian buster image 20.02.6 use kernel 4.4.213 and so is my uname -a .. it should be fine for your speaker ;)

Look there:

https://dl.armbian.com/orangepi4/archive/

Armbian_20.02.6_Orangepi4_buster_current_5.4.27_desktop.7z

Works faster than on armbian buster image 20.02.6 use kernel 4.4.213,   but there are problems with wi-fi, bluetooth.

17 minutes ago, VyacheslavS said:

i ve installed this one , the last on your link page .. https://dl.armbian.com/orangepi4/archive/Armbian_20.02.6_Orangepi4_buster_legacy_4.4.213.7z    

actually i dont need speed , just stability and compatibility

17 hours ago, epik said:

i ve installed this one , the last on your link page .. https://dl.armbian.com/orangepi4/archive/Armbian_20.02.6_Orangepi4_buster_legacy_4.4.213.7z    

actually i dont need speed , just stability and compatibility

Here I agree.

But with the kernel 5.4  Panfrost is already working, and I was very interested to feel how it works.

13 minutes ago, VyacheslavS said:

Here I agree.

But with the kernel 5.4  Panfrost is already working, and I was very interested to feel how it works.

i ve tried 5.4 thru the nicoD tutorial "build armbian with panfrost"  but the opi4 setup is way far to be stable ... so i went back on k4.4 wich is , to me , the one that gives me best results on HD graphics ..  dont know why since mali t862 is build on panfrost but .. 4.4 is what works better at this moment .. if you have succeed on k5.4 with HD on VLC for example, please tell me how , im very insterested in that ;)

On 3/27/2020 at 3:31 PM, FredrikA said:

@IanHI am connected wireless (only), due to lacking ethernet in the living room. I still get some crashes on ethernet in dmesg.

I am running:

uname -a Linux orangepi4 4.4.213-rk3399 #15 SMP Thu Mar 19 21:33:44 CET 2020 aarch64 GNU/Linux
(Armbian_20.02.5_Orangepi4_buster_legacy_4.4.213)

I wonder if anyone knows how to get the Gyrfalcon Lightspeeur 2801S running in armbian?
Also want to make the RPI monitor look nice, including core voltages, does anyone knows which voltage regulators go where?
I found four regulators with suspected cpu voltages, but have no clue on how they are connected

/sys/devices/platform/vdd-log/regulator/regulator.8/microvolts

/sys/devices/platform/ff3c0000.i2c/i2c-0/0-001b/regulator/regulator.9/microvolts

/sys/devices/platform/ff3c0000.i2c/i2c-0/0-001b/regulator/regulator.10/microvolts

/sys/devices/platform/ff3c0000.i2c/i2c-0/0-0041/regulator/regulator.24/microvolts

opi4.png

I will answer my own question. After adding voltage debug to statistics I have concluded that regulator 10 is for the four ARM A53 and regulator 23 is for the two ARM A72.

if anyone interested files here https://github.com/Freddan-67/rpimonitor-armbian.git

I read a lot of stability problems... What do you all use for power supply? A USB charger is not the same a power supply. Special is the are USB-C PD chargers. See also this. Since i use on all my orange pi´s a simple cheap 5v 3A like hese power supply it works all smooth and very stable. I also tested some USB-C cables with USB PD chargers or quick charge chargers. And a lot of time it won´t boot of it freezes...

9 hours ago, haajee said:

I read a lot of stability problems... What do you all use for power supply? A USB charger is not the same a power supply. Special is the are USB-C PD chargers. See also this. Since i use on all my orange pi´s a simple cheap 5v 3A like hese power supply it works all smooth and very stable. I also tested some USB-C cables with USB PD chargers or quick charge chargers. And a lot of time it won´t boot of it freezes...

I have no stability problem, since I got a cooling fan.
I am using an OKDO usb-c power supply (the company that makes the PSU for raspberry pi). It has real 3A supply.

I had it halt twice before

Once because overheating

Once because memory was exhausted when I tried to build tensorflow.

On 4/3/2020 at 9:24 AM, iamdrq said:

sound fixed

How do I apply this to the installed kernel 5.4.28?

I tried to compile dtb, but I get an error:

$ dtc -I dts -O dtb -o orangepi4-i2s_8ch_mclk.dtb orangepi4-i2s_8ch_mclk.dts
Error: orangepi4-i2s_8ch_mclk.dts:11.28-29 syntax error
FATAL ERROR: Unable to parse input tree

13 minutes ago, VyacheslavS said:

How do I apply this to the installed kernel 5.4.28?

I tried to compile dtb, but I get an error:

$ dtc -I dts -O dtb -o orangepi4-i2s_8ch_mclk.dtb orangepi4-i2s_8ch_mclk.dts
Error: orangepi4-i2s_8ch_mclk.dts:11.28-29 syntax error
FATAL ERROR: Unable to parse input tree

the orangepi4-rt5651.patch include rt5651.c, so not only need use dts overlay.

Do you use the patch rebuild kernel ?

On 4/3/2020 at 8:12 AM, FredrikA said:

I have no stability problem, since I got a cooling fan.
I am using an OKDO usb-c power supply (the company that makes the PSU for raspberry pi). It has real 3A supply.

I had it halt twice before

Once because overheating

Once because memory was exhausted when I tried to build tensorflow.

Always good to share this troubles. :) Learn from mistakes from others, you couldn't make them all by yourself. :P And trust me: i make a lot. ;)

Now, I'm scared to test the mpcie expansion board ! because it doesn't have an external power connector. The board power supply is 3A, OP4 uses around 2,5A. I want to test a LTE modem, but the modem alone uses up to 2A (the expansion board supports modems since it has a sim card slot). I'm scared to test even without the sim. And even if I use a 6A power supply, can the OP4 power circuit handle this power ?

What could I do ?  :unsure::blink:

14 hours ago, Jack953 said:

Now, I'm scared to test the mpcie expansion board ! because it doesn't have an external power connector. The board power supply is 3A, OP4 uses around 2,5A. I want to test a LTE modem, but the modem alone uses up to 2A (the expansion board supports modems since it has a sim card slot). I'm scared to test even without the sim. And even if I use a 6A power supply, can the OP4 power circuit handle this power ?

What could I do ?  :unsure::blink:

You can measure the power consumption and see if you are at risk. I can try to see if I can find my clamp ampere meter, I got it around somewhere, maybe I can make some measurement.
If you are at risk, the processor cores draws a lot more when at high frequency, maybe you could implement a more restrictive throttling.

1 hour ago, FredrikA said:

You can measure the power consumption and see if you are at risk.

I measured the consumption of the OP4 board:

1.Loading the operating system

Spoiler

IMG_20200406_195814.thumb.jpg.748e89166384bab5f2f7b8a16df96d4d.jpg

2.The system is loaded, there is no application load

Spoiler

IMG_20200406_195920.thumb.jpg.0d882bd2ae3125d4de26706e2212a85d.jpg

3. 7z benchmark. Maximum CPU load.

Spoiler

IMG_20200406_200056.thumb.jpg.ad2d3ac59f4cb8232f5898ab4cff4c8c.jpg7z_test_2020-04-06_20-01-14.thumb.png.2c204a05ca799460dd793b5537b7e383.png

Today I enjoyed the sound from OPi4 via 3.5 Jack. The rt5651 codec transmits sound very well. Thank you again @iamdrq!

The audio output was via Alsa, because Pulseaudio is not the quality I would like to get.

Headphones: Sony mh755

Player: DeadBeef  

Format music: FLAC

Spoiler

Alsa_2020-04-06_19-36-33.thumb.png.5dbd4fac6cd3f820a976fb226badd7be.png

Sound via Bluetooth also works great!

I am a little bit flabbergasted. In thought: i download the Android 9 / TV image from the Rockpi site for the Rock Pi 4 who has also a RK3399 chipset. So i did and flashed it to a SD card and put in the Orange Pi 4. Ethernet activity and link lights up and a red light. Nothing looks happen but there was a lot of traffic. So i disconnected the power supply and back in and...

Rock Pi Kernel on my TV. Than the Android Booting logo and there was Android itself. Tries a few things but looks like mostly all things work. Bluetooth works, sound works, wifi works. When i look by the buildnumber i see also: RK3399-Pi. Without Rock Pi or something. So it looks like just a universal image. But the Rock Pi android version is a lot more up to date.

Oh there is one thing what not works. When i choose for restart by shutdown it hangs and do i need to remove and replug the power supply again....

On 4/19/2020 at 2:18 PM, Jack953 said:

Happy to see a new image, can you guys make a buster / buster minimal please ?

You mean an buster with the 5.x kernel without desktop i think? I am waiting also therefore. There is a version with kernel 4.x and i i try to upgrade the kernel there goes something wrong.

So from me also the question for a buster server version with kernel 5.x :) And yes i have donated ;)

For the people who are interested, Geekworm have a metal case for the OrangePi 4. https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/4000899514401.html