Pine64 H64 does not boot from eMMC [solved]

__Dirk__

2 minutes ago, _JK_ said:

@Igor @martinayotte Is there any chance that this patch can be put into one of the next image builds of Armbian? That would be greatly appreciated. :thumbup:

Maybe later in an overlay form, because adding this fix within main DT will brake eMMC for other users, like myself, since my PineH64 has a low speed eMMC, and the fix mentioned above will make it unusable ...

BTW, it is not so difficult to fix it yourself, simply install DT compiler with the link below, decompile DTB into DTS, edit the DTS by adding the lines provided in the patch, and recompile DTB from new DTS.

http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/d/device-tree-compiler/device-tree-compiler_1.4.7-3_arm64.deb

I have a RockPro64 and I'm having similar issues (completely blank screen when using eMMC vs booting fine with SD).

I'm keeping an eye on this thread and I've been fighting with this same issue recently. I've come back to Armbian after using a different community Linux (that no longer seems to be updated) and I was pleasantly surprised how nicely the 4.4.y worked out of the box using the eMMC module. After running into issues on the older kernel I had to upgrade and have been fighting to try get 5.10.y working. I finally found something about using an SD card instead of the eMMC module and it worked!

Thanks for all that participated in this thread, I'm hoping a future version has this patch so I can go back to using the eMMC module instead. 🤞

Edited by Local Containers