Orange Pi One Plus H6 no sound HDMI

zigmynd

Hello, I’m from Russia, I don’t speak English well, I write a translator through Google, I hope you will understand me. My Orange Pi One Plus H6 installed different Armbian image 5.3.9 the system works well, but there is no sound via HDMI, in the pulseaudio tab of the configuration menu it says "there are no cards available for configuration". Did I understand correctly that the H6 processor does not support the audio codec, so there is no sound, or am I doing something wrong? Thanks for the answer.

1 hour ago, Oponp said:

Happy to know if find others.

Perhaps this

Spoiler

# /etc/asound.conf

pcm.!default {
     type plug
     slave {
       pcm "hw:1,0"
     }
  }

ctl.!default {
     type hw
     card 1
  }  

is all what's missing.

Hello!
I am Russian. I use machine translation. Sorry if not very clear.
Regarding Orange Pi 3 and audio output via HDMI, I found the following:
For Armbian. If you start the board not by a button, but by applying voltage, then there is HDMI sound, otherwise - there is no sound through HDMI. How to treat it, I do not know.

Hi to all, I'm new here and I'm new on this board (OrangePi One Plus).

Like other I have problem with HDMI resolution not detected and no HDMI audio.

My kernel is 

Linux orangepioneplus 5.6.13-sunxi64 #trunk.148 SMP Wed May 27 21:40:12 CEST 2020 aarch64 GNU/Linux

(tried the latest)

This is my aplay -l

**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: allwinnerhdmi [allwinner-hdmi], device 0: 5091000.i2s-i2s-hifi i2s-hifi-0 [5091000.i2s-i2s-hifi i2s-hifi-0]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

Thank you to all for your support.

Alessandro

Edited by Alessandro Frati

Hello everyone! I have Orange Pi 3 and Armbian 5.4.28. Having repeatedly experimented on different displays, I found out that, most likely, with each boot of HDMI, the Orange Pi driver polls the display. If the answer comes and it is correct, then there is HDMI sound, otherwise - no. Some older displays are not detected in this way. But you can try to reload the old display while running Orange Pi. Most likely, a sound will appear. When using the HDMI-VGA adapter, I did not receive sound on the adapter’s audio connector. This also speaks in favor of the fact that the HDMI driver is "looking" for the correct device in order to direct the sound there. To this, I can only add that on my Orange Pi 3 Android board ALWAYS outputs audio to HDMI, including through the HDMI-VGA adapter.
which unfortunately, my qualifications do not allow me to fix this yet. But it is also fixable, what my years! (I am 70 years old)