I'm looking for a 19" rackable USB power supply

gounthar

Hi there,

I'm looking for a USB power supply that would be mounted into a rack, so that I can power up quite a few boards at the same time.
These boards would also be in the same rack.
I found a big rackable USB hub, but that's not what I am looking for, and 2.4A max per slot may be too weak for some of the boards.
I could hosts several smaller USB hubs too, but that does not sound really enticing.
My other option is to make it by myself with salvaged server power supplies, a patch panel, bits and bobs, but it will take longer...

Would you have any recommendation?

Thanks.

9 hours ago, gounthar said:

I found a big rackable USB hub, but that's not what I am looking for, and 2.4A max per slot may be too weak for some of the boards.

Perhaps something like this?

https://www.pimfg.com/product-detail/POWER-USB-18-RK

I doubt you will find more powerful USB hub. Then you will also have a few 12V boards which you have to power separate (or power non-standard way). I "solved" this with having switches and kvm in the rack, but PSU - except 2 x 7 powered USB hub, 1.5A per port. But I don't actually need permanent solution - boards - up to around 25 can be connected/powered at once - are changing all the time.

This one looks better suited to my needs, thanks Igor.
Yes, I also have quite a few 12V boards, so I have to figure it out too... I guess I will go the server PSU way.

As I am trying to build some kind of farm, the boards have to be powered all at the same time.

33 minutes ago, gounthar said:

Too bad I made an order at Reichelt yesterday...

I just ordered two units :) 

33 minutes ago, gounthar said:

It wouldn't fit all my boards because of the 2.1A limitation, but nice for the price!

I know for some I will still need to use something else, but most it will cover. The price is reasonable, yes.

... not working anymore :)

Spoiler

image.png