Orange Pi 4B Armbian Image

DevShanky

7 minutes ago, Rajesh said:

Any chances of current all-in-one version 5.4.y or 5.5-rc3.y for RockChip 3399 would work (with limited functionality) if the dtb file for OPi 4B is made available? Just checking...

One image for all - on a kernel basis yes, otherwise no.

Fortunately, to this date, the image of the orange pi 4 works almost error-free on the 4b. Few relevant issues I observed so far:

- On kernel 4.x the board looses Ethernet connectivity when on heavy load: The scenario in which I observed it, was while running Syncthing, syncing 500GB on LAN = high CPU utilization, high USB-3 IO count to hard drive on USB-C,  and Ethernet at around 25Mb/s. Apart from that, the board was up for many days with no problem.

- On kernel 5.x, Ethernet seemed stable (after running iperf3 and transferring 50Gb at ~950Mbps smoothly). However, USB-C does not recognize my hard-drive. Strangely, another block device is recognized and installed as sda, but fails to initialize. I'm pretty sure the NPU unit is not installed nor supported yet, given that even the oficial images from orange-pi are starting to support it. (did not do the Syncthing test yet since I do not have USB-3 working).

I'm powering the 4B with the official 4A power supply over the jack connector. Assuming this is enough... 

@Igor, any tips on getting the USB-C to "see" my USB-3 drive? I could give it a try here.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by joaofl