Kerberios.io Video Surveillance Package

makama80

I've posted in the Armbian forums in the past about Kerberos.io  video surveillance software. For some reasons it was (at the time) not always that easy or impossible to compile or get it up and running.

But: Times have changed (for the good this time!) and I've tried it again on a H3 1GB memory OrangePi plus with kernel 5.4 using a *FRESH and CLEAN* Ubuntu Bionic Server image. I was able to get the Kerberos software 2.8.0 up and running straight away, just by *EXACT* following the instructions on the website of Kerberos.io (Generic installation Instructions page). It takes some time to compile ffmpeg and the machinery module, but it is certainly worth the effort! Go grab a drink, or do something else that's useful.

Performance is ok, even though I think the hardware acceleration is not working.  Just lower the FPS and/or resolution a bit. Performance is still great for everyday video surveillance with this excellent piece of software. I've tested successfully two different Logitech USB cams and two el-cheapo Chinese IP cameras using the RTSP stream. 

Other information can also be found on the Kerberos.io website to get the software up and running. Please take care of defining exact camera type and resolution!