[Moderation] Q&A for New (and Old?) Mods

Hiya everybody,

Could I add a Reply to the drop down menu? If not, could somebody put this in there for everybody else, please...

1. Provide quality information for us to work with.

2. Use the forum search to find a solution. Make sure you've read the Armbian documentation. 

3. Include Logs: armbianmonitor -u (paste URL in your forum post) 

4. If your board does not boot, provide a log from serial console or take a screenshot

Thank you so much....

OK how about this situation (decided to post here instead of IRC for future reference, and benefit of others not on IRC):

Guy originally posted in RK3399 subforum. I search internet for the board and find it's actually RK3308 based, quick look around this does not appear to be supported yet (and not even sure how much development going on right now).

At first I thought maybe move to Development, but then I noticed "Restricted area for developers and experienced users!"

Now I am not sure what settings are in there, but I figured OP with 1 post might not then be able to even reply to his own thread. So instead I moved it to Peer to Peer.

Sound about right?

Thanks martinayotte.

So, is there a hard forum permission preventing someone from posting in the general Development forum? Or just the heading stating not to?

I know that when I was a regular user, I was able to post in "Armbian Project Administration" which I know is yet another subforum under that.

Probably be helpful to list any such forum permissions, so we don't move something where someone can't reply. Or is general "Development" subforum the only one like that?

Edited by TRS-80
thanks

So, is there a hard forum permission preventing someone from posting in the general Development forum? Or just the heading stating not to?

From what I remember in the early days this should be possible in two ways (at vBulletin was it at least)

- Handle Development not as forum but as category

- simply by permission fine adjustment

I was more asking for my own reference (referring to above). Still looking for a definitive answer on that BTW.

Another tip: After some dust-up today we can add (from Igor in IRC today) that "Community forums TVBoxes and ... are very lightly moderated"

So what are the "..." ? :DAny more to add to that list?

8 minutes ago, Vanitarium said:

I made it Public Reply but it appears as My Replies for me!!

It looks like administrator has to approve the public ones. This one is approved now. Can you edit it?

• TRS-80 locked this topic