2 USB cameras with nanopi m4

username123

Hi, I'm working with a nanopi m4 for the first time
I would appreciate help on how to hook up this board to my laptop
I want to install FriendlyDesktop on my laptop that has ubuntu installed in it
I'm referring to this - http://wiki.friendlyarm.com/wiki/index.php/NanoPi_M4#Get_Started
If I put the nanopi m4 zip file onto the sd card and insert it into the board, will I be able to see the Friendlydesktop start up on my laptop screen and use my laptop keyboard and touchpad as keyboard and mouse for the nanopi?

And my application requires me to work 2 cameras together on a single nanopi m4 board
Has anyone worked with 2 cameras at once on this board? How is the quality of the feed?

On the wiki forum it says I would have to reboot my board before I can see the feed. What exactly would rebooting involve?

51 minutes ago, username123 said:

I want to install FriendlyDesktop on my laptop that has ubuntu installed in it

Don't exactly understand what you mean by that, but that FriendlyDesktop you can install only on Nanopi M4 and its siblings (T4, Neo4). And nowhere else.

my application requires

This support forum requires that:

• you use Armbian (support is tied to Armbian, not to Nanopi M4)
  • you have provide logs with our tools. No logs = no help.
  • things you attach to the board are officially not supported, but someone can give you some hints. I don't work with cameras, so I don't know how good or bad they are. 

If I put the nanopi m4 zip file onto the sd card and insert it into the board, will I be able to see the Friendlydesktop start up on my laptop screen and use my laptop keyboard and touchpad as keyboard and mouse for the nanopi?

That will require some work/configuring. You need to use 3rd party application such as XRDP or VNC. After you establish network connection to the same router where your laptop is connected to ... In case video stream is accelerated, it will not go over XRDP & VNC protocols which means you need to upgrade your laboratory equipment.