OrangePi One Plus Armbian Bionic Glibc 2.28

haajee

Hello Everyone,

Yesterday Domoticz released a new version but requires now GLIBC-2.28. Armbian Bionic has GLIBC-2.27. Users with a Raspberry Pi need to upgrade from Debian Stretch to Buster. But what i know is Armbian for the OrangePi One plus based of Ubuntu 18.04 what is based on Debian Buster. So in my opinion it should be possible to run GLIBC-2.28 instead of GLIBC-2.27.

But the question is: how could i fix that??

Thank you for all help! :)

released a new version

Version of what?

But what i know is Armbian for the OrangePi One plus based of Ubuntu 18.04

Armbian exists in two common flavors: Ubuntu 18.04 and Debian Buster

what is based on Debian Buster

Since Buster was released way AFTER Ubuntu Bionic this makes virtually no sense.

When Ubuntu creates a new releases what they basically do is copy Debians Sid or Experimental tree, put some fancy stuff in and call it stable. That's it.

Nevertheless this is an issue that is not related to Armbian itself. The only thing that differs Armbian from Buster/Bionic is the kernel to run on varios SBCs like your OPi1+. Therefore ask Ubuntu themselves to bump glibc to 2.28.

There seems to be a quite simple solution:

My advice is not to update to latest Beta when you are on Debian stretch or earlier until issue is fixed.

It is generally a good advice to not use any non-stable releases unless you know what you are doing ;)