How can i Use Tp-link Tl-WN725N wifi adapter

emrec

1 minute ago, martinayotte said:

I doubt that you will be able to find Linux driver for that one !

Better choose another kind of adaptor ...

Can you suggest me a adaptor 

I am new I don't know much

Hi @emrec, and welcome to the forums.

Just search for adapters that are well supported in GNU/Linux. You will probably need to figure out the chipset. There are only a handful of chipsets that have fully free/open drivers available, but these will be the best supported (some times right out of the box in Linux without needing anything).

Once you find that information, it should be relatively easy to find what you are looking for on any online site.

For example, I recently picked up an AR9271 based USB Wi-Fi adapter for only few dollars on AliExpress, but it is fully usable in Freedom in Debian (with package firmware-ath9k-htc). AR 7010 is also supported. But there are some others.

Another good place to start looking (which is probably where I found the above) is Libreboot Recommended Wi-Fi Chipsets which in turn links to h-node and some other resources.

Good luck! And let us know what you find...

I'm late to the thread....

If you really want to make your current adapter work, first look up what chip the Adapter is using...

There are V1, V2 and V3 of Tl-WN725N, TP-Link released Linux driver code for V3, and there is manual on how to install drivers on Linux, read it. (And you want to install kernel header through `sudo armbian-config` first)

I am not sure if the driver code will be usable on the Armbian kernel, you really have to try it to find out.

As for v1, I can't find a driver for it.

As for v2, there is lwfinger/rtl8188eu, I also use this driver for different wireless adapter which is also produced by TP-Link,