Linux TV box advice

pazzoide

Hello,

As far as I read, there are not many (<100$) arm64 board to run linux armbian, kodi, maybe plex, capable of playing without issues 4k videos. I think if I'd like to make tvbox the best choice in terms of video quality would be using android, right? Thing is I hate android, I love linux.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is there any good board around 50-80 $ to make a linux tv box? I'd just use it as an HTPC for playing video with a 4k tv attached to it and maybe some simple home media server.

Thank you

On 2/9/2020 at 10:20 AM, pazzoide said:

Hello,

As far as I read, there are not many (<100$) arm64 board to run linux armbian, kodi, maybe plex, capable of playing without issues 4k videos. I think if I'd like to make tvbox the best choice in terms of video quality would be using android, right? Thing is I hate android, I love linux.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is there any good board around 50-80 $ to make a linux tv box? I'd just use it as an HTPC for playing video with a 4k tv attached to it and maybe some simple home media server.

Thank you

*shrugs*

CSA96 from ebay looked legit.

Reviews looked good. Google it and double check of course.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/CSA96-H-264-H-265-RK3399-4G-32G-Smart-TV-Box-Set-Top-Box-For-Android-6-0-4K/254503916001?hash=item3b419d91e1:g:BhsAAOSwzixdJF4l

You need to try out all the rk3399-*.dtb in /boot/dtb/rockchip. Good luck 

• Werner locked this topic