Armbian for Amlogic S905X3

Sergey2k

Hello,

On my new X96 Air 4/32Gb, I have

1. Booted on the SD card (version Armbian_20.02.0-rc1.037_Aml-s9xxx_bionic_current_5.5.0-rc6_desktop_20200205 created with Etcher and replaced files from NicoD for the color issue)

2. Created a backup of the eMMC

3. Install Armbian on the eMMC following these instructions

Spoiler

jeedom@aml:~$ cd /boot
jeedom@aml:/boot$ sudo cp u-boot.ext u-boot.sd
[sudo] password for jeedom: 
jeedom@aml:/boot$ cd
jeedom@aml:~$ sudo /root/install-aml.sh
Start script create MBR and filesystem
/dev/mmcblk0
Start backup u-boot default
4+0 records in
4+0 records out
4194304 bytes (4.2 MB, 4.0 MiB) copied, 0.256238 s, 16.4 MB/s
Start create MBR and partittion
Start restore u-boot
442+0 records in
442+0 records out
442 bytes copied, 0.00434929 s, 102 kB/s
8191+0 records in
8191+0 records out
4193792 bytes (4.2 MB, 4.0 MiB) copied, 0.443847 s, 9.4 MB/s
Done
Start copy system for eMMC.
Formatting BOOT partition...mkfs.fat 4.1 (2017-01-24)
done.
Cppying BOOT...done.
Edit init config...done.
Formatting ROOT partition...
/dev/mmcblk0p2 contains a ext4 file system labelled 'ROOT_EMMC'
    last mounted on /ddbr/install on Sat May 16 22:18:58 2020
e2fsck 1.44.1 (24-Mar-2018)
ROOT_EMMC: clean, 11/1851392 files, 160257/7400192 blocks
done.
Copying ROOTFS.
Copy BIN
Create DEV
Copy ETC
Copy HOME
Copy LIB
Create MEDIA
Create MNT
Copy OPT
Create PROC
Copy ROOT
Create RUN
Copy SBIN
Copy SELINUX
Copy SRV
Create SYS
Create TMP
Copy USR
Copy VAR
Copy fstab
Complete copy OS to eMMC 
jeedom@aml:~$ 

I have shutdown the system, remove the power supply, remove the SD Card and reconnect the power supply.

But unfortunately, the system doesn't want to boot from eMMC (loops with HDMI detected (but blackscreen) and no HDMI detected)

Do you have an idea to solve this issue ?

Edited by Armin

@balbes150 terrible negotiator :D

Can you explain, why do you delete from panfrost kernel module power regulator checker? That's temporary workaround or not important behavior?

From your experience, how long we need wait until G31/52 has working driver for X11 or Wayland? Copple of month, or years?

@balbes150:rolleyes: can you have time to add this patch?

https://github.com/hyphop/fenix/blob/6aa6a0d509902724e2dba6a29d2a83efffde0ed4/packages/u-boot-mainline/patches/caad316b3165615f1a4848901811a4a084444c9d/0220-hdmi_edid_fail_try_full_hd.patch

On old HDMI TV that's fix jumping image on screen.

Yet to workaround need boot with video=1280x720 uEnv.txt command and add in Screen section records about 1080p to xorg.conf.

Edited by root-stas

Hi guys,

I'm all new to Armbian. I'm trying to boot Armbian_20.02.0-rc1.038_Aml-s9xxx_eoan_current_5.5.0-rc6_desktop_20200205 on tv box Vontar X3 (Amlogic s905x3).  I tried to set meson-sm1-sei610.dtb in uEnv.txt without success.  Then I extracted DTB ftom my device boot.img using this tool. Unfortunately extracted DTB file did not help.

I'm always getting error message in recovery:

Supported API: 3
charge_status 2, charged 1, status SUCCESS, capacity 100
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
E:Block map file is too short: 3
E:Map of '@/cache/recovery/block.map' failed
E:failed to map file
Installation aborted.

Just now I have noticed that aml_autoscript.zip that I'm executing as update is empty so it could be the problem.

Here are files I have extracted from boot.img:  https://drive.google.com/open?id=12DJoBFrRRP1v2r0ntPCz5LYXP4DRZL1A

I'm pretty clueless what I can do to make it work. Any help will be much appreciated.

Edited by mradalbert
added SoC model

1 hour ago, mradalbert said:

Just now I have noticed that aml_autoscript.zip that I'm executing as update is empty so it could be the problem.

Here are files I have extracted from boot.img:  https://drive.google.com/open?id=12DJoBFrRRP1v2r0ntPCz5LYXP4DRZL1A

I'm pretty clueless what I can do to make it work. Any help will be much appreciated.

Not knowing everything you have tried, let me give a couple of suggestions:

1) You are using an old build, please use the latest builds from the forum thread "Single Armbian image for RK + AML + AW" and follow the instructions in the first post of that thread.

2) The android based dtb files are of no value when working with 5.x based linux kernels so don't waste time going down that path.

3) The aml_autoscript.zip file you are seeing is correct for the purpose it is being used

4) Make sure to notice the red print in the instructions for the newest builds regarding working from a 'clean' android environment.  If you have previously installed or attempted to install other software (likel coreelec) you will need to reinstall the android firmware to completely remove traces of other linux based os's before being successful in installing these tv box armbian builds.

2 hours ago, balbes150 said:

For all. I don't support s905x3. I don't have this equipment. All messages about this platform will be transferred to another topic. What works or doesn't work from this equipment - I don't know. I do not give any answers or comments on the s905x3 chip.

How can I help you with testing/debugging?

Or order one TV box with that chip to you?

I'm in Ukraine.

30 minutes ago, root-stas said:

How can I help you with testing/debugging?

Such tests can only help with a small problem for a specific model.

30 minutes ago, root-stas said:

Or order one TV box with that chip to you?

I'm in Ukraine.

Thanks for the offer. But I think you are not rich enough to sponsor an increase in profits (improving consumer properties) for Chinese manufacturers. They don't worry about it themselves.

In addition, I think you do not have access to special technical information that can significantly speed up the process of completion and debugging.

31 minutes ago, balbes150 said:

Such tests can only help with a small problem for a specific model.

I know, but if that helping, why not?

All presented TV box on S9005X3 yet (~8 models) on same board, only have manipulation with wifi/bt modules and some have USB hub on pcie line. I'm working on get proper dtsi file for them.

31 minutes ago, balbes150 said:

improving consumer properties

:D

Anyway, if you want, I'm on board B)

Edited by root-stas

22 hours ago, Armin said:

Hello,

On my new X96 Air 4/32Gb, I have

1. Booted on the SD card (version Armbian_20.02.0-rc1.037_Aml-s9xxx_bionic_current_5.5.0-rc6_desktop_20200205 created with Etcher and replaced files from NicoD for the color issue)

2. Created a backup of the eMMC

3. Install Armbian on the eMMC following these instructions

Reveal hidden contents

jeedom@aml:~$ cd /boot
jeedom@aml:/boot$ sudo cp u-boot.ext u-boot.sd
jeedom@aml:/boot$ cd
jeedom@aml:~$ sudo /root/install-aml.sh
/dev/mmcblk0
4+0 records in
4+0 records out
4194304 bytes (4.2 MB, 4.0 MiB) copied, 0.256238 s, 16.4 MB/s
Start restore u-boot
442+0 records in
442+0 records out
442 bytes copied, 0.00434929 s, 102 kB/s
8191+0 records in
8191+0 records out
4193792 bytes (4.2 MB, 4.0 MiB) copied, 0.443847 s, 9.4 MB/s
Done
done.
Cppying BOOT...done.
Edit init config...done.
/dev/mmcblk0p2 contains a ext4 file system labelled 'ROOT_EMMC'
    last mounted on /ddbr/install on Sat May 16 22:18:58 2020
done.
Copying ROOTFS.
Copy BIN
Create DEV
Copy ETC
Copy HOME
Copy LIB
Create MEDIA
Create MNT
Copy OPT
Create PROC
Copy ROOT
Create RUN
Copy SBIN
Copy SELINUX
Copy SRV
Create SYS
Create TMP
Copy USR
Copy VAR
Copy fstab
Complete copy OS to eMMC 
jeedom@aml:~$ 

I have shutdown the system, remove the power supply, remove the SD Card and reconnect the power supply.

But unfortunately, the system doesn't want to boot from eMMC (loops with HDMI detected (but blackscreen) and no HDMI detected)

Do you have an idea to solve this issue ?

Hello,

Without answer, I have tried to perform several tests:

1. burnt SD card with these recommendations: https://forum.armbian.com/topic/12988-armbian-for-amlogic-s905x3/page/4/?tab=comments#comment-97143 ==> no boot from SD card

2.  burnt SD card with these versions: Armbian_20.05.4_Arm-64_bionic_current_5.7.0-rc5_desktop_20200516.img and Armbian_20.05.0_Arm-64_bionic_current_5.6.0-rc6_desktop_20200326.img  ==> no boot from SD card

3. Burnt SD card with the version Armbian_20.02.0-rc1.037_Aml-s9xxx_bionic_current_5.5.0-rc6_desktop_20200205.img (I do not remerber why I have found this version)

3.1 Add meson-sm1-sei610-ethfix.dtb into \dtb\amlogic

3.2 Declare it into uEnv.txt

Spoiler

# aml s9xxx
FDT=/dtb/amlogic/meson-g12b-odroid-n2.dtb
FDT=/dtb/amlogic/meson-sm1-sei610-ethfix.dtb
APPEND=root=LABEL=ROOTFS rootflags=data=writeback rw console=ttyAML0,115200n8 console=tty0 no_console_suspend consoleblank=0 fsck.fix=yes fsck.repair=yes net.ifnames=0

3.3 Rename u-boot.sd to u-boot.ext

==> Boot from SD card is OK.

3.4 I have seen 2 drives (ROOT_EMMC and BOOT_EMMC) so I imageine this is the previous installation on the eMMC ==> unmount these 2 drives

3.5 Prepare the eMMC installation:

cd /boot
sudo cp u-boot.ext u-boot.sd

3.6 Execute the eMMC installation:

/root/install-aml.sh

3.7 without error:

Spoiler

jeedom@aml:~/Desktop$ sudo /root/install-aml.sh
/dev/mmcblk2
4+0 records in
4+0 records out
4194304 bytes (4.2 MB, 4.0 MiB) copied, 0.38637 s, 10.9 MB/s
Start restore u-boot
442+0 records in
442+0 records out
442 bytes copied, 0.00292171 s, 151 kB/s
8191+0 records in
8191+0 records out
4193792 bytes (4.2 MB, 4.0 MiB) copied, 0.396535 s, 10.6 MB/s
Done
done.
Cppying BOOT...done.
Edit init config...done.
/dev/mmcblk2p2 contains a ext4 file system labelled 'ROOT_EMMC'
    last mounted on /ddbr/install on Wed Feb  5 12:43:32 2020
done.
Copying ROOTFS.
Copy BIN
Create DEV
Copy ETC
Copy HOME
Copy LIB
Create MEDIA
Create MNT
Copy OPT
Create PROC
Copy ROOT
Create RUN
Copy SBIN
Copy SELINUX
Copy SRV
Create SYS
Create TMP
Copy USR
Copy VAR
Copy fstab
Complete copy OS to eMMC 
jeedom@aml:~/Desktop$ 

But unfortunately, the system doesn't want to boot from eMMC (no bootloop as previously, the TV can detect HDMI signal but blackscreen).

I'm lost !

Seems to be the same issue here: https://forum.armbian.com/topic/7930-armbian-for-amlogic-s9xxx-kernel-5x/page/53/?tab=comments#comment-98285

I'm waiting 15min without success. I wil try otherd DTB but you have any idea to increase my chances !

Maybe, @root-stas will have solution later: https://forum.armbian.com/topic/12162-single-armbian-image-for-rk-aml-aw/page/26/?tab=comments#comment-101783

Edited by Armin

hi everybody, first let me thank balbes150 and the armbian team for their awesome work

i just got a s905x3 box, it's a tanix tx3 (not mini, not max, not pro, just tx3) i can boot it from usb (not SD, getting infinite error -84) with meson-sm1-sei610.dtb and a few g12a dtbs, however, none has wifi/bluetooth working (it's a RTL8189etv) , and probably ethernet and emmc too.

i extracted my box stock android dtb.img but that doesn't help too.

what can i do to create an armbian compatible dts/dtb from either coreelec's or android's? i am almost a complete noob with dts so i am not really sure where to start

5 hours ago, Armin said:

3.4 I have seen 2 drives (ROOT_EMMC and BOOT_EMMC) so I imageine this is the previous installation on the eMMC ==> unmount these 2 drives

My guess is that this is the cause of your problems.  The contents of emmc are involved in the boot process, (that is where the uboot environment is stored and thus the multiboot script) so you really don't know what your starting point is here.  I would strongly suggest that you reinstall the android firmware to get to a clean starting point.  Then follow the instructions in the first post of the thread "Single Armbian image for RK + AML + AW"

I also noticed that the uEnv.txt file you have posted has two FDT lines which is not correct.  You should only have one uncommented FDT line in the file.

13 hours ago, root-stas said:

I know, but if that helping, why not?

Tests, no one bothers you.

13 hours ago, root-stas said:

Anyway, if you want, I'm on board

Let's say I get a specific model. There will be no information from the manufacturer or access to sources for quick analysis. I'll have to dig everything out of binary code. I will spend a lot of time on the device (hardware configuration), which will change in a week\month. As a result, everyone who will focus on supporting this particular model will buy it, and get another revision with different hardware, and start asking questions and moaning that nothing works for them. Then what ? Only one producer of this shit will win, all the others (users and I) will lose, will work for the personal enrichment of a particular freak who did not spend anything (absolutely nothing) on it.

6 hours ago, SteeMan said:

My guess is that this is the cause of your problems.  The contents of emmc are involved in the boot process, (that is where the uboot environment is stored and thus the multiboot script) so you really don't know what your starting point is here.  I would strongly suggest that you reinstall the android firmware to get to a clean starting point.  Then follow the instructions in the first post of the thread "Single Armbian image for RK + AML + AW"

I also noticed that the uEnv.txt file you have posted has two FDT lines which is not correct.  You should only have one uncommented FDT line in the file.

Thanks for your feedback.

I will restore the Android firmware with "ddbr" utility from my initial backup but this is very long I suppose (backup time = 3H).

I hesitate to use this method (this is the correct firmware of my box - X96 Air P3): https://chinagadgetsreviews.com/download-android-pie-9-0-firmware-for-x96-air-tv-box-2.html

Moreover,  on this post (https://forum.armbian.com/topic/12988-armbian-for-amlogic-s905x3/page/7/?tab=comments#comment-101721) I have detailled my actions and after reading the the first post of the thread "Single Armbian image for RK + AML + AW", I didn't find where I'm wrong !!!

Edited by Armin

@Armin Hi B) I think your problem not in Armbian image, as @SteeMan tell and @balbes150 mansion on another thread, your bootloader in emmc broken now and you need write stock firmware on them.

Try proper one, not made yourself by dd, from there:

https://hd-mediaplayers.ru/firmware-tv-box-x96-air-p3/

Direct link:

http://geekbuying.mediafire.com/file/m7t06iirsnqhpic/X96Air_P3_20191220-2048.img/file

Use USB Barning Tool:

http://uploaded.net/file/5h4z3646

If your problem already stay in dd made snapshot, they not despaired himself when you reburn same snapshot few times again.

@balbes150 I understood your position about tv box vendors, last one, can you list your hardware/box model where you test your work? I found here you have Allwinner H6 one, that's correct?

2 hours ago, Armin said:

Moreover,  on this post (https://forum.armbian.com/topic/12988-armbian-for-amlogic-s905x3/page/7/?tab=comments#comment-101721) I have detailled my actions and after reading the the first post of the thread "Single Armbian image for RK + AML + AW", I didn't find where I'm wrong !!!

You have done a lot of things wrong and not mentioned many other important steps.  For example you are mixing and using pieces of old information that are unnecessary  at best, or problematic at worst.  For example don't use the files from NicoD, as everything you need is incorporated into the current RK + AML + AW builds.  You are also mixing builds, the build you started with is from February and it is now May.  The multiboot process evolves overtime and what got installed into your emmc by multiboot when you first tried may not be compatible with current builds.  Most importantly the key to success is the dtb file.  In your initial post you don't even mention what dtb you are trying.  The general rule is that you should try every dtb file compatible with your cpu (which in the case of the s905x3 would be all g12 and sm1 dtbs) to find the one that works best.

Here is my recommendation: start fresh.  Start simple then build from there.  By this I mean don't worry about things like the color issue at all at the beginning, as that may not even be an issue for you.  Even if you have the color issue, the system is still usable.  Then once you have a baseline knowledge of what works and what doesn't, then try to get the remaining items working for your needs.  Be prepared to go back to a clean environment (i.e. back to fresh android firmware) multiple times in this process.

I have a s905x3 based TX3X3 that I am now running happily (as a server without wifi or bt) but I have needed to restore the android firmware multiple times and started over when things just stop working for no apparent reason after I made changes to the box.  

Finally,  set your expectations low.  You should be able to get a box that boots, has ethernet, hdmi and can be used as a server.  Everything else (wifi, bt, usable desktop, etc) is something that you may get with luck and a lot of hard work.  Unfortunately that is the situation with armbian on these android tv boxes since the device manufacturers  provide no support (in terms of source code or documentation) on their products so there is very little ability to get things working with armbian in any supportable way. (especially true with aml based boxes which is why balbes150 is no longer investing time into their support).

1 hour ago, root-stas said:

can you list your hardware/box model where you test your work? I found here you have Allwinner H6 one, that's correct?

Allwinner H6 : Tanix TX6, Eachlink H6 (no mini)

Thanks @root-stas for your great support. The SD card method didn't be successfully but this is OK with USB Burning Tool !!!

So, now, I have a functional TV box with Android firmware

@SteeMan I think you're right but I'm little bit lost.

So, if I follow your recommendations, I need to proceed like this:

1. Select a firmware from May into link RK_AML_AW:

for example Armbian_20.05.4_Arm-64_bionic_current_5.7.0-rc5_desktop_20200516.img

2. Burn it on the SD Card with Etcher.

3. Edit uEnv.txt to select only one DTB file (g12 or sm1) into Amlogic section

(the other DTB files into the other sections needs to be place in comments with # ?)

4. Rename u-boot.sd to u-boot.ext

5. Try to boot wtih the SD card on the box

If this is OK, next step will be to install it on the eMMC.

PS: For the moment, I do not need WiFi, BT, HDMI sound, perfect color and desktop. I want also the create a linux server with ethernet connection.

Edited by Armin

1 hour ago, balbes150 said:

Allwinner H6 : Tanix TX6, Eachlink H6 (no mini)

Thanks, no one on AmLogic SoC? :blink: 

@Armin don't rename u-boot - copy them with new name.

On different DTB ethernet has 100M or completely don't working.

If you need only server ability why do you use desktop img version?

@root-stas yes, Desktop version is not mandatory but I'm a newbie related to Armbian and also Linux. So, to start, Desktop version is better.

But after reflexion, I just need to configure onlyone parameter (force the Ethernet to 100M)

And command line seems to be:

sudo ethtool –s [device_name] speed 100 duplex full autoneg on

Edited by Armin

@root-stas Thank you for your guide.
Unfortunately I still don't  have working wired network on my x99 pro plus / x88 pro x3 / Transpeed X3 Plus. (these are the same, some said)
I have tries some meson-sm1-sei610-ethfix.dtb -s, I have seen the ethernet device, but it simply doesn't ping. DHCP is not working, I changed the network adapter's setttings to autonegotiation off, 100mbit, static ips, nothing helped. My dts file's netwotk part from android is so different than the ethfix dtb/dts's.

I am thinking about using the Ubuntu 20 with 4.xx kernel. Would that work with my extracted android dtb?

This is my ethernet parts from the dts:

ethernet@ff3f0000 {
        compatible = "amlogic, g12a-eth-dwmac\0snps,dwmac";
        reg = <0xff3f0000 0x10000 0xff634540 0x08 0xff64c000 0xa0 0xffd01008 0x04>;
        reg-names = "eth_base\0eth_cfg\0eth_pll\0eth_reset";
        interrupts = <0x00 0x08 0x01>;
        interrupt-names = "macirq";
        status = "okay";
        clocks = <0x02 0x38>;
        clock-names = "ethclk81";
        pll_val = <0x9c0040a 0x927e0000 0xac5f49e5>;
        analog_val = <0x20200000 0xc000 0x23>;
        pinctrl-names = "external_eth_pins";
        pinctrl-0 = <0x11>;
        mc_val = <0x1621>;
        internal_phy = <0x00>;
        phandle = <0x9d>;
    };

external_eth_pins {
            phandle = <0x11>;

mux {
                groups = "eth_mdio\0eth_mdc\0eth_rgmii_rx_clk\0eth_rx_dv\0eth_rxd0\0eth_rxd1\0eth_rxd2_rgmii\0eth_rxd3_rgmii\0eth_rgmii_tx_clk\0eth_txen\0eth_txd0\0eth_txd1\0eth_txd2_rgmii\0eth_txd3_rgmii";
                function = "eth";
                drive-strength = <0x03>;
            };
        };

38 minutes ago, Teddybee said:

reg = <0xff3f0000 0x10000 0xff634540 0x08 0xff64c000 0xa0 0xffd01008 0x04>;
        reg-names = "eth_base\0eth_cfg\0eth_pll\0eth_reset";

That is problem. our box connected little bit  different way )))

ethernet@ff3f0000 {
		compatible = "amlogic, g12a-eth-dwmac\0snps,dwmac";
		reg = <0xff3f0000 0x10000 0xff634540 0x08 0xff64c000 0xa0>; <-!!!!!!!!!!
		reg-names = "eth_base\0eth_cfg\0eth_pll"; <-!!!!!!!!!!
		interrupts = <0x00 0x08 0x01>;
		interrupt-names = "macirq";
		status = "okay";
		clocks = <0x02 0x38>;
		clock-names = "ethclk81";
		pll_val = <0x9c0040a 0x927e0000 0xac5f49e5>;
		analog_val = <0x20200000 0xc000 0x23>;
		pinctrl-names = "external_eth_pins";
		pinctrl-0 = <0x11>;
		rst_pin-gpios = <0x12 0x10 0x00>; <-!!!!!!!!!!
		mc_val = <0x1621>;
		mc_val_internal_phy = <0x1800>;
		mc_val_external_phy = <0x1621>;
		internal_phy = <0x00>;
		phandle = <0x94>;
	};

Try another one DTB, from g12a tree too, if you found where ethernet is working - copy that part from there B)

Write your dmesg here.

Edited by root-stas

4 hours ago, Armin said:

for example Armbian_20.05.4_Arm-64_bionic_current_5.7.0-rc5_desktop_20200516.img

(the other DTB files into the other sections needs to be place in comments with # ?)

>> Yes

>> Yes

>> Yes comment out all APPEND and FTD lines except the one for the DTB you are testing, and the AML boot line.

>> Do not do this at this stage, keep it simple and see if you even need this.

>> When you boot you need to enable multiboot (either through the "toothpick" method or the android update method.

>> Then you should be testing all the features you want/need, perhaps trying with different DTBs to see if others work better or worse, then test with the color fix (cp u-boot.sd to u-boot.ext if you need).

>> Only when you are happy with how everything runs, would I try to install to emmc.

>> The idea is to do the setup step by step testing along the way so you know when things in this multistep process are not working for your box.

Thanks @SteeMan and @root-stas for your great support (without forgotten @balbes150 for his great job on Armbian)

Today's news:

1. I have burnt the version Armbian_20.05.4_Arm-64_bionic_current_5.7.0-rc6_20200518.img on the SD card with Etcher

2.  Copy u-boot.sd to u-boot.ext (impossible to boot on the SD card without this)

3. Modify uEnv.txt to choose meson-g12a-x96-max-no-cvbs DTB file in amlogic section:

Spoiler

LINUX=/zImage
INITRD=/uInitrd

# rk-3399
#FDT=/dtb/rockchip/rk3399-rock-pi-4.dtb
#FDT=/dtb/rockchip/rk3399-nanopc-t4.dtb
#APPEND=root=LABEL=ROOTFS rootflags=data=writeback rw console=uart8250,mmio32,0xff1a0000 console=tty0 no_console_suspend consoleblank=0 fsck.fix=yes fsck.repair=yes net.ifnames=0

# rk-3328
#FDT=/dtb/rockchip/rk3328-box-trn9.dtb
#FDT=/dtb/rockchip/rk3328-box.dtb
#APPEND=root=LABEL=ROOTFS rootflags=data=writeback rw console=uart8250,mmio32,0xff130000 console=tty0 no_console_suspend consoleblank=0 fsck.fix=yes fsck.repair=yes net.ifnames=0

# aw h6
#FDT=/dtb/allwinner/sun50i-h6-tanix-tx6.dtb
#APPEND=root=LABEL=ROOTFS rootflags=data=writeback rw console=ttyS0,115200 console=tty0 no_console_suspend consoleblank=0 fsck.fix=yes fsck.repair=yes net.ifnames=0
#APPEND=root=LABEL=ROOTFS rootflags=data=writeback rw console=ttyS0,115200 console=tty0 no_console_suspend consoleblank=0 fsck.fix=yes fsck.repair=yes net.ifnames=0 mem=2048M video=HDMI-A-1:e

# aml s9xxx
FDT=/dtb/amlogic/meson-g12a-x96-max-no-cvbs.dtb
#FDT=/dtb/amlogic/meson-g12b-ugoos-am6-no-cvbs.dtb
#FDT=/dtb/amlogic/meson-g12b-odroid-n2.dtb
APPEND=root=LABEL=ROOTFS rootflags=data=writeback rw console=ttyAML0,115200n8 console=tty0 no_console_suspend consoleblank=0 fsck.fix=yes fsck.repair=yes net.ifnames=0

4.  Boot on the SD card (with toothpick method because impossible with android update method due to error like this)

5.  Define root password and create user session

6. Force the Ethernet speed to 100Mb

sudo ethtool –s [device_name] speed 100 duplex full autoneg on

7. Now, I can use putty from another device to be connected on the TV Box !!!! :thumbup:

Next step is to copy this configuration on the eMMC. So, I'm waiting your instructions to be sure that I can use this method:

cd /boot
cd
sudo /root/install-aml.sh

6 minutes ago, Armin said:

cd /boot

cd

You should not need to do anything with the u-boot file at this point as the u-boot.sd file should already exist (as long as you copied instead of moved the file earlier)

All you should need to do is:

Although what I do is become root and run from the root directory:

sudo su root

cd root

./install-aml.sh

14 minutes ago, SteeMan said:

Although what I do is become root and run from the root directory:

sudo su root

cd root

./install-aml.sh

There is an easier option :)

su -

./install-aml.sh

or and visually (using the cursor arrows and the Enter key) select the desired file and execute it

su -

mc