/var/log goes full

anuj9122

Honestly that means you have something Heavily logging...  either in debug mode, or you have an issue.. That's the issue you should solve.

if you want it to log that much you can disable the log2ram service.. but that will add wear to your disk

systemctl stop armbian-ramlog.service

systemctl disable armbian-ramlog.service

6 minutes ago, anuj9122 said:

how to find the issue?

You need to figure out which log is getting too big in /var/log, then from that log, figure out which application doing so much logging, and maybe tweak the config of this application to be less verbose ...

8 minutes ago, anuj9122 said:

I got this file in this location /var/log/journal//5dc2e9f851914ebd9bf0e4b296b9f7f5

Did you look about its content ? It maybe will give hints which app is writing into it...

(on my boards, I don't even have any "journal" folder)

1 minute ago, anuj9122 said:

I have one more question. i have two domains projectok.com and jobstuffs.com. i can access both domain from internet. I also want to use both domains in intranet.

Please tell me how to do this?

Use dnsmasq.  No more non-armbian questions please.   This isn't a generic linux support forum.

Thanks for reply but these are armbian question. let me tell you my     /var/log goes full when i find out i get this location /var/log/journal/5dc2e9f851914ebd9bf0e4b296b9f7f5  . As much as i know journal is related to OS. 

When i put both domain name in resolv.conf then restart it it revert back to 192.168.1.1

I am newbie to linux

download-2020.2.18_20.11.35-root-(projectok.com).tar.gz

44 minutes ago, anuj9122 said:

As much as i know journal is related to OS. 

879.67 kB · 1 download

Yes and no. Let me explain why.

What Armbian basically does is making Debian or Ubuntu usable on many different SBCs by adding a custom patched kernel.

So everything that in a further direction rather than kernel issues or issues with the minor customization to the operating system itself cannot be solved by Armbian.

Therefore you should ask Debian or Ubuntu what is happening there. We simply cannot answer.

7 hours ago, anuj9122 said:

When i put both domain name in resolv.conf then restart it it revert back to 192.168.1.1

The /etc/resolv.conf is overwritten by NetworkManager ...

Search in Google "NetworkManager /etc/resolv.conf", you will see tons of explanations !

7 minutes ago, anuj9122 said:

My last question. How to increase cpu frequency?.I already put large heat sink and 5 volt 5 amps power supply. i am using cubieboard 1.

1. don't change frequency

2. you could change your governor

cpufreq-info
cpufreq-set -g %NEWGOVERNOR%

edit /etc/default/cpufrequtils

Thanks for reply. I am newbie so for knowledge why dont change frequency? As i put large heat sink and power supply?

This is 

root@projectok:~# cpufreq-info
cpufrequtils 008: cpufreq-info (C) Dominik Brodowski 2004-2009
Report errors and bugs to cpufreq@vger.kernel.org, please.
analyzing CPU 0:
  driver: cpufreq-dt
  CPUs which run at the same hardware frequency: 0
  CPUs which need to have their frequency coordinated by software: 0
  maximum transition latency: 244 us.
  hardware limits: 624 MHz - 1.01 GHz
  available frequency steps: 624 MHz, 864 MHz, 912 MHz, 1.01 GHz
  available cpufreq governors: conservative, userspace, powersave, ondemand, performance, schedutil
  current policy: frequency should be within 624 MHz and 1.01 GHz.
                  The governor "performance" may decide which speed to use
                  within this range.
  current CPU frequency is 1.01 GHz (asserted by call to hardware).
  cpufreq stats: 624 MHz:0.21%, 864 MHz:0.07%, 912 MHz:0.05%, 1.01 GHz:99.67%  (67)
root@projectok:~# nano /etc/default/cpufrequtils