using the RTC connector Nanopi R1.

Nielo

Dear Armbian community,

I like to use the RTC connector of the Nanopi R1 and i'm using an CR2032 3Volt/220mAH battery.

However i can't find any documentation of the right syntax, neither on the wiki page of friendlyarm or somewhere else.

I tried:

1. The syntax of the Nanopi Fire 3 (6.16: http://wiki.friendlyarm.com/wiki/index.php/NanoPi_Fire3)
  2. Syntax of odroid boards (N2 and XU4)
  3. "default rtcwake" commands in armbian.
  4. I enabled all I2C pins in ''armbian-config''

Probably i need some rtc driver??

I'm using the Nanopi R1 one for an IoT GNSS logging project and

i like to poweroff the board and wake up after 24hrs to start with a new measurement and so on.

Could someone help me with this issue?

thankyou in advance.

Kind regards,

Camiel Duijts

10 minutes ago, Camiel Duijts said:

i like to poweroff the board and wake up after 24hrs to start with a new measurement and so on.

Although the battery connector allows to keep the RTC running while board is powered off, there is no PMIC to control power of the board from some kind of WakeUp Alarm.

Hi Martinayotte,

Thanks for your answer.

Ok, so i need a board with a ''PMIC'' like the Nanopi fire 3 or NanoPi M4/M4V2?

Are there smaller (low power) boards.... as well, any suggestion?

Thanks,

Camiel

Hi martinayotte,

thanks, any result on your new patch for the RTC wakeup function?

The board looks nice. Could we use the LIPO battery together with the PSU and will it act like a UPS (power loss)??

Thanks, for all your help.

22 minutes ago, Camiel Duijts said:

thanks, any result on your new patch for the RTC wakeup function?

No, it doesn't seems to work. I didn't figured out yet ...

23 minutes ago, Camiel Duijts said:

Could we use the LIPO battery together with the PSU and will it act like a UPS (power loss)??

I presume, but I don't have any LIPO ...

Hi Igor& martinayotte,

The Nanopi Fire 3 LTS does do the job with the poweron/poweroff in combination with the RTC battery.

This PMU is based on the Cortex-M0 MCU.

Does anyone know what is the power consumption of the board when it's in deep sleep mode?

Will draw power from my main LIPO battery? or will it use only the RTC battery to stay alive?

Thanks,

Camiel

21 hours ago, Camiel Duijts said:

The Nanopi Fire 3 LTS does do the job with the poweron/poweroff in combination with the RTC battery.

I don't know about this board.

Does anyone know what is the power consumption of the board when it's in deep sleep mode?

Nor how much it consumes in power off situation. You will need to measure ...

Will draw power from my main LIPO battery? or will it use only the RTC battery to stay alive?

RTC battery is just for keeping the clock, nothing else.

On 3/3/2020 at 1:29 AM, Camiel Duijts said:

By default the Fire3 doesn't really have a "sleep" mode per se; it's actually powered off.  The PMIC MCU always remains powered via the USB and will power the system back on (resulting in a cold boot) after the wake timer expires or when the PWRKEY button is pressed.

In the powered-off state, my board draws about 15mA via the USB power interface (measured with a Ruideng UMC25C) - so it's actually drawing quite a bit of current.

From what I can tell, the RTC battery is only used to power the RTC in the S5P6818.  (However I don't have a LiPo and haven't tried this feature at all.)

5 hours ago, Nielo said:

Do you have any suggestion which board consumes power in deep sleep mode in the range of µA?

I'm not clear about your use case...does your SBC-based solution need to be powered off of a battery?

Use case is GNSS (GPS) data logging at regular time intervals, every day/week.

When the SBC is active he will log it's data send it away through LTE cat 1 modem and goes back to sleep.

The whole system should run on a battery (LiPo / Li-ion), we love do this without the use of small solar panels.

Thanks

How are you managing power to the GNSS radio and the LTE modem?  If you're just sending the GNSS data out over the LTE modem, it seems like you could use a simple MCU w/a couple of UARTs to interface with the radios (i.e., a whole SBC as the bridge seems like overkill...?).