Orange PI PC to install - Vanilla kernel download coming?

jmf11

Hello,

I'm new to SBC and have to fire my newly received Orange Pi PC. Should a Vanilla kernel download be soon available, or is it adviced to go to the legacy one?

I would be happy to know, in order to start my project on a base that would not need to big modifications for the coming monthes.

Best regards,

JMF

Vanilla will not be here so soon and when it will be ready & available it's very simple to upgrade.

Probably we need to wait 1-2 months to be used in productive environment as a headless server. In theory it's possible even today to make a kernel together, but since there are still problems, we don't build it.

Dear Igor,

Thank you for the quick reply. So I will ge with the legacy kernel, and stay tuned.

Thank for your efforts to provide those reliable distributions for the H3 platform, that would be useless without armbian and Openelec...

Best regards,

JMF

Hello,

I want to thanks armbian.

I installed armbian on my Orange Pi PC to build a music streaming platform, with digital crossover to perform active bi amplification.

armbian performed perfectly out of the box for that purpose. The thermal behaviour of the OPi PC is very good (much better than with the openelec version).

I had issues with my project, but none related to armbian or Orange Pi PC

I wrote a wrap up of my experiments here: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pc-based/293362-orange-pi-digital-crossover-2x-usb-amps-wrap-up.html

Best regards,

JMF