Banana Pi M2plus & inboard wifi [solved]

gaara

I guess there is bcmdhd modile in /etc/modules ...  and it loads automatically - remove it and reboot if you want to "modprobe bcmdhd op_mode=2" ... It looks that you properly enabled AP mode since you won't get this in first place:

nl80211: Could not re-add multicast membership for vendor events: -2 (No such file or directory)
Using interface wlan1 with hwaddr 94:a1:a2:ca:17:d8 and ssid "BPi-M2P"
wlan1: interface state UNINITIALIZED->ENABLED
wlan1: AP-ENABLED

According to this log, AP mode is working, while the network part, when removing op_mode=2 from interfaces file, should also be fine. Not two things: this driver is shit and you will get some errors and driver might crash on unloading, so you need to reboot each time you need to load it with different settings.

BTW. The kernel is not ours while I assume nothing vital has been changed.

2 minutes ago, Igor said:

I guess there is bcmdhd modile in /etc/modules ...  and it loads automatically - remove it and reboot if you want to "modprobe bcmdhd op_mode=2" ... It looks that you properly enabled AP mode since you won't get this in first place:

nl80211: Could not re-add multicast membership for vendor events: -2 (No such file or directory)
Using interface wlan1 with hwaddr 94:a1:a2:ca:17:d8 and ssid "BPi-M2P"
wlan1: interface state UNINITIALIZED->ENABLED

According to this log, AP mode is working, while the network part, when removing op_mode=2 from interfaces file, should also be fine. Not two things: this driver is shit and you will get some errors and driver might crash on unloading, so you need to reboot each time you need to load it with different settings.

BTW. The kernel is not ours while I assume nothing vital has been changed.

yes, this is retrorangpie kernel which based on armbian 5.23 (http://www.retrorangepi.org/)

i don't get it what you mean ... so how to fix this since i don't see AP SSID 

I am running out of ideas. Try changing channel, change SSID ...  When you got this at running hostapd:

You should see your AP even your network settings are wrong. Those must be correct only when you are trying to connect.

On 4/6/2017 at 0:39 AM, Igor said:

I am running out of ideas. Try changing channel, change SSID ...  When you got this at running hostapd:

You should see your AP even your network settings are wrong. Those must be correct only when you are trying to connect.

change channel and SSID, but still same problem, SSID is not shown
what is this message below referring to?

8 minutes ago, dony71 said:

Don't know. I know there were some problems with WiFi chips on BPi M2 and they replace this chip. I have no idea if this is related somehow. 

I'll try to reproduce on my M2+

1 hour ago, Igor said:

I'll try to reproduce on my M2+

I did and also did't saw AP. Than I try the same on Friendly ARM M1+ which uses the same wireless chip and it's working. Than I used nanopim1plus.bin on Banana M2+ and it's working there too ... which means stock board configuration is messed up. 

2 hours ago, Igor said:

I did and also did't saw AP. Than I try the same on Friendly ARM M1+ which uses the same wireless chip and it's working. Than I used nanopim1plus.bin on Banana M2+ and it's working there too ... which means stock board configuration is messed up. 

Manage to get nanopim2plus fex at https://github.com/igorpecovnik/lib/blob/master/config/fex/nanopim1plus.fex

I compare and found differences only in bluetooth gpio pin assignment below

It should not affect any function on wifi, but you mentioned using nanopim1plus.bin on bpim2+ then AP shows up? strange .....

[bt_para]

bt_used = 1
  bt_uart_id = 3
  bt_uart_baud = 115200
  bt_rst_n = port:PG13<1><default><default><0>
  bt_wake = port:PA08<1><default><default><0>
  bt_host_wake = port:PA07<0><default><default><0>
  bt_host_wake_invert = 0

I just checked again and it's working, also with stock config and connecting to AP. There is a typo / syntax error in one of the guides. This is correct way:

echo 'options dhd op_mode=2' >/etc/modprobe.d/ap6212.conf

I guess this is the problem ? :D

5 hours ago, Igor said:

I just checked again and it's working, also with stock config and connecting to AP. There is a typo / syntax error in one of the guides. This is correct way:

echo 'options dhd op_mode=2' >/etc/modprobe.d/ap6212.conf

I guess this is the problem ? :D

This is it !!!

Thank you for your support :)

@Igor /etc/init.d/hostapd systemv script is not working properly. ssid is not showing after reboot, most likely modprobe op_mode=2 is not executed yet before hostapd init.d is being called. i don't know how to fix the script, so i just do restart hostapd in /etc/rc.local

4 hours ago, dony71 said:

so i just do restart hostapd in /etc/rc.local

That's good enough workaround. I guess we need to create a proper systemd compatible startup script. I'll try to implement it to general configuration, now that I know about this problem.