TinkerBoard S with Armbian_20.02.1_Tinkerboard_buster.* doesn't start....

MatthiasK

Hello togehter,

i had 2 ASUS TinkerBoard S and I want to work with your software...

The Software was via Etcher installed on several MC - Cards (16, 32 and 64 GB), but it still not working.

The POWER - LED is red and the both LEDs on GBIC - Interface are blinking green and yellow :-(

So, what kind of problems that  I have here.

I tried out several IMAGE from your WebSite - but no one won't to work with me :-(

Best regards

Matthias 

Hey Igor,

thank you very much.

I had read this information & if I use the "original" Image from ASUS with SD Card, it's work fine.....

But with all your images I had my problems :-( I can't see anything on the display (hdmi) - nothing....

I would like to make it in an other way like your HomePage with eMMC onboard.... 

Or did you have any other ideas?

Best regards

Matthias 

13 hours ago, MatthiasK said:

if I use the "original" Image from ASUS with SD Card, it's work fine.....

Are you sure you make them properly? Images from the dl section has been tested several times & we have a lot of users.

We provide two very different images. One are based on "original" and labelled "legacy" while with "current" images, things are more or less made from scratch. Kernel 5.4.y is mainline + board related features and fixes. This later might have little different power demands which ... can be critical. My Tinkerboard S boots only with one microSD cable. On most it doesn't show signs of life or power cycles like crazy.

And find a serial console like Martin suggested. It can reveal many things.

Thank you, Igor & Martin.

I would like to check that in the next few day, because I must search and find an USB - Serial - Dongle.

This is not so easy at this time :-( .....

Igor.

I don´t want to say, that ARMBIAN - Image doesn't work -> that is wrong. I had several RADXA - Boards an they are running with ARMBIAN - Image (Kernel 5.4) so fast, that is really great and that is, what I need. So, please excuse my words, if they are negativ of ARMBIAN. I don't want it so.

@all:

If there a different between ARMv8 and ARMv7l on this image or work this with all of ARM-Version´s?

I had an other BOARD from a company here in Germany and I want to design /develop an ARM-Image for that. Which person can help me here?

Have a nice day and I came back, if I had some more informations and equipment.

Best regards and stay well

Matthias

5 hours ago, MatthiasK said:

So, please excuse my words, if they are negativ of ARMBIAN. I don't want it so.

That's alright. I am just pointing out that they are tested which is usually a good reference point when diagnosing troubles. I hope you find a serial console - it could save you some time.

5 hours ago, MatthiasK said:

I had an other BOARD from a company here in Germany and I want to design /develop an ARM-Image for that. Which person can help me here?

That task might not be simple:
https://forum.armbian.com/forum/22-board-bring-up/

We already have (much) more hardware than possibility to bring them up.

Thank your, Igor.

And sorry for my delay -> it was so much to do in the last day, so that I can't reply earlier.

So, I doublecheck that with ASUS TinkerBoard S again and send you an feedback. Eventually works an old one of your image.

Best regard

Matthias