Orange Pi Zero - armbian-config doesn't load keyboard language module

Anna Vahtera

Armbianmonitor:

Hello.

I have a small problem: I can't change the language on my OPi Zero. I have successfully done that with OPi Lite 2 and OPi 3, but for some reason on the Zero when I go to change it, the module fails to load and just quits back to the same "menu page". (essentially does nothing). The only thing I can think of, is that both of the other boards have 1Gb RAM and this only has 512Mb and thus it runs out of memory? That doesn't sound too plausible though - a list of keyboard languages shouldn't take tens or hundreds of megs of RAM. 

As far as I know, each board is running the same version of Armbian, so that shouldn't be a problem.

I wrote that command, pressed enter: it takes about 15~20s and then just gives me a new prompt. Does exactly nothing. 

anna@orangepizero:~$ sudo dpkg-reconfigure keyboard-configuration
[sudo] password for anna:
anna@orangepizero:~$

There is nothing in any logs that I could find, no messages, no user.log, no faillog, no syslog.. etc. It's like that command never run.

I only have the "issue" when I try to set the keyboard via armbian-config or dpkg-reconfigure keyboard-configuration while using a SSH-session.

For me it work normal in both ways when Iam connected directly via terminal-session
using HDMI/USB-Keyboard or serial-TTL-dongle.

Only in one of my boards - as when I do recall it correctly - it did work from armbian-config using a SSH-session.