Olimex Lime A64 no usb and no emmc detected

bimo

Hi,

usb and emmc is not working for the A64-OLinuXino-2Ge8G-IND board while using the armbian build in dev.

Armbian_20.05.0-trunk_Lime-a64_buster_dev_5.5.15

No change to the config of kernel, choosing lime-a64 and no desktop when asked to by compile.sh

When compiling, the only choice for lime-a64 has the description: A64 quad core 1GB RAM SoC GBE eMMC Wi-Fi/BT.
That doesn't correspond to the A64-OLinuXino-2Ge8G-IND.

The image provided by olimex is working,

ftp://staging.olimex.com/Allwinner_Images/a64-olinuxino/linux/1.latest_images/buster/images/

but when compiling their build i have the same issue and it doesn't correspond to the same version.

The result i have when compiling their image (while using ftp://staging.olimex.com/Allwinner_Images/a64-olinuxino/linux/README.txt) is this:

Armbian_5.92_Olinuxino-a64_Debian_buster_next_4.19.63.img instead of

Armbian_5.92.1_Olinuxino-a64_Debian_buster_next_5.2.5.img

29 minutes ago, bimo said:

usb and emmc is not working

The image provided by olimex is working,

The image from Armbian is also working (from eMMC with working USB) on a stable build from the download, kernel 5.4.y / current branch.

Elsewhere - development branches - you are on your own. We don't care if things are broken there. Its normal that they are.

BTW: I upgraded my lime today to 5.6.y and it also works (mainly) fine: http://ix.io/2h0x

but when compiling their build i have the same issue and it doesn't correspond to the same version.

Their build system is slightly changed and we can't support it since we don't use it. Here we can only tell what works with main build script from here: https://github.com/armbian/build (current kernel only)

from your log, you are using the 1GB ram 4GB eMMC Wifi version and bionic image.

Mem: 989M

DISTRIBUTION_CODENAME=bionic

3: wlan0:

179 33 3696880 mmcblk2p1

What I am trying to have is the armbian buster version on the A64-OLinuXino-2Ge8G-IND. It's not the same board and from what i can tell, usb and emmc doesn't work with this image for this board.

2 hours ago, bimo said:

from your log, you are using the 1GB ram 4GB eMMC Wifi version and bionic image.

Correct.

2 hours ago, bimo said:

What I am trying to have is the armbian buster version on the A64-OLinuXino-2Ge8G-IND. It's not the same board and from what i can tell,

"Bionic" and "Buster" are 100% identical in the hardware layer - we do that. Ubuntu nor Debian has nothing to do with this. We only use their standard scripts and application, in fact their relation so that the software installation works OOB. This is the cheap part anyone can freely download.

Usually memory and eMMC size should not play any role, but I guess this board must then be wired slightly different. Perhaps you can peek into the schematics to find changes/differences. 

Hi,

I have the same problem : USB not working, except I'm using the stable image at https://www.armbian.com/olimex-lime-a64/ (on A64-OLinuXino-2Ge8G-IND), "focal version" at the moment (but I tried buster also). With the olimex image (A64-OLinuXino-bionic-base-20200701-182325), USB works fine. I'd rather have armbian thought. What can I do?

Thank you for your help

I have finally found a working armbian image (one that makes USB, and the rest, work): Armbian_5.92.1_Olinuxino-a64_Ubuntu_bionic_next_5.2.5_desktop that I downloaded from ftp://staging.olimex.com/Allwinner_Images/a64-olinuxino/linux/1.latest_images/bionic/images/.

I found informations here https://blog.mossroy.fr/2019/05/31/preparation-olinuxino-a64-en-serveur-headless/ (french)

It seems that the armbian images proposed at the armbian website are not ok for olinuxino-A64-2Ge8G-IND.