Armbian for Amlogic S912

chocho

Many thanks @balbes150 :D

ubuntu_xenial_3.14.29_mate_20170302.img with Beelink GT1 s912 2GB/32GB  ethernet works, wifi works, BT works after apt-get upgrade!

ubuntu_xenial_3.14.29_mate_20170302.img with Beelink Mini MXIII II s905x 2GB/8GB  ethernet works, wifi works and BT works.

I also tried this new img on my beelink gt1 : wifi directly ok, BT is working after manual patchram (same as previous img, didn't manage to make it work just by patching brcmfmac and re-complilation), I'll try to apt upgrade ;)

Thank's for this improvments !

2 hours ago, Blop said:

I also tried this new img on my beelink gt1 :

I made an image from @balbes150 sources, but ... system boots and all OK. while I can't get Ethernet nor Wifi working. I copied /boot/dtb/beelink-gt1dtb to /boot/dtb.img ... the rest is stock. Am i missing something else?

7 minutes ago, balbes150 said:

Do I understand correctly that the image is assembled from source with GIT ?

Yes, I selected (today in the morning) "amlogic-s905x" from menu and Xenial Desktop XFCE. Image works except with some generic support, no network, WiFi under Beelink GT1, even when I switched to GT1 dtb file. 

Is there any image that GT1 fully works out of the box?

6 minutes ago, Igor said:

Is there any image that GT1 fully works out of the box?

I assume not because there are at least 3 different revisions of this board, at least 2 of them have different wireless chips, and not working Ethernet may suggest that Ethernet PHY configuration may differ too (hard to say without dmesg)

Edit: This means that DT from internal memory should be used ot revision must be selectable i.e. in boot script if DTs are provided from the kernel sources.

Just now, zador.blood.stained said:

I assume not because there are at least 3 different revisions of this board, at least 2 of them have different wireless chips, and not working Ethernet may suggest that Ethernet PHY configuration may differ too (hard to say without dmesg)

OMG :wacko: I can understand for Wifi but Ethernet? http://sprunge.us/ONha

6 minutes ago, Igor said:

Well,

[    4.648897] Error: Driver 'ICPlus IP175C' is already registered, aborting...
[    4.655795] libphy: ICPlus IP175C: Error -16 in registering driver
[    4.662065] Error: Driver 'AMLOGIC internal phy' is already registered, aborting...
[    4.669836] libphy: AMLOGIC internal phy: Error -16 in registering driver
[    4.678190] Error: Driver 'RTL8211F Gigabit Ethernet' is already registered, aborting...
[    4.684968] libphy: RTL8211F Gigabit Ethernet: Error -16 in registering driver

On my board PHY is RTL8211F, so DT from internal memory should be extracted and investigated to check if it defines HW configuration correctly.

Edit:

[    2.754079] libphy: stmmac: probed
[    2.754104] eth0: No PHY found

16 minutes ago, zador.blood.stained said:

On my board PHY is RTL8211F, so DT from internal memory should be extracted and investigated to check if it defines HW configuration correctly.

Yes, mine is the same.

20170303181008.jpg

For purity of experiment, try to download the latest test image 20170303 and try to run it. I change filled in GIT. But suddenly , something is going wrong. The build system has been working for many time and maybe something works wrong. Until I can test an entirely new system to build (there should be a lot to download). I don't have GT1, but there are other TV boxes, there is also in the log there is a message , as written above, but wired network works fine.

Thanks @ pel.hu, also tested OpenElec and running on Q912, with @ balbes150 Q912_otg.dbt.

By the way I have the beta of day 3 and I was without the wifi. I imagine that to prove by the descent of yield that some contributed in the 905, in 912 I did not to it and noticed in no time. Not high temperatures, the Q912's body is made of metal and I guess that helps.

This version is installed on an external SSD OCZ 120g SATA 3 and works, the Trim function is not available, but I have done this.

rotational last post

only change valor at 0

Greetings and thanks.

Hi everyone, and thanks to @balbes150 for the great work!

On my Beelink GT1 s912 2GB/32GB running ubuntu_xenial_3.14.29_mate_20170302.img , I have

- ethernet: OK

- wifi: OK

- BT: not working, not even after upgrade. @Blop , can you detail the steps you've done to make hci0 appear?

On a side note for those interested, Docker installs fine with

apt install docker.io

Even if docker's check-config,sh complains a bit, all ARM images I've tried work!

For docker-compose, these steps worked for me:

apt-get install -qy python-pip --no-install-recommends
pip install pip --upgrade
pip install setuptools
pip install docker-compose

@Igor, Hello, I didn't try to compile the whole img, only the kernel, from the gt1 itself. I never manage to make the bluetooth work with brcmfmac, but it was always ok with the patchram method I describe bellow. The wifi worked for me directly since the last img (and after apt upgrade and reboot, also the bluetooth)

Ethernet was only an issue when I tried the dtb beelink_gt1_g2.

@cba, Hello, I used brcm_patchram_plus in order to load the bcm4345C0.hcd. It works fine but not always at the first try (I can't explain it at the moment). Try brcm_patchram_plus --patchram /lib/firmware/bcm4345c0.hcd --enable-hci --no2bytes /dev/ttyS1. Then you can do a hciconfig hci0 up.

Mine is a A912, with AP6255 wifi chip (bcm43455c0_ag firmware for wifi, bcm4345c0 for bluetooth are working fine)

I didn't open the box yet and as ethernet has always been working (except with beelink_gt1_2g dtd), I didn't have a look at the chip.

Can't see in dmesg infos about ethernet chipset, I will have a deeper look in the logs.

Edit : also tried libreelec on my GT1 : without providing dtb file, all is OK, ethernet, wifi, bluetooth, but if I take beelink_gt1_2g, no more ethernet, same issue with dtb extracted from 104 beelink firmware (I will try to extract the dtd from 110 firmware that's still on emmc on my box in order to see the differences, that could be interesting  ;) )

@lvmc I can't say from now, compilation on an ubuntu VM only went to the end this night (I'm in France) and I can only have access to my gt1 this evening.

Edit : I just have a quick second look in the build made this night before I came back to home : t82x libGLES_mali.so is part of the build for q200. So there's still hope ...

about building the amlogic buildroot : is it as simple as say

make  <my>_defconfig
e.g.
make mesongxb_p200_defconfig
make

Or does one have to tweak every single option in config ?

So what would be a good config for s905(x) or s912 ?

Some news from my side ... I wasn't able to boot on the openlinux kernel (different method used but no boot at all or keeping on the first beelink logo, or black screen ... )

But ... I didn't have uart wired so ... I'm probably not seeing what the system is asking to me ...

@Nofan Tasi I built it with the simple make, with the q200_2g config (which is perhaps not the best config, but which should I think work ? ) build process is ok on my side with no errors, just warnings.

Hello,

Just some news from my experiments with the amlogic buildroot ...

As I couldn't boot (or to be exact, not seeing anything because I don't have uart wired), I had a deeper look into the code and in fact, there's nothing new regarding opengl ...

Hello. I've installed latest ubuntu-5.26 mate on beelink gt1 2G/32G very easy for first time.

Seems like it has not gpu driver, I also have low resolution. I've installed 5.24 firmvare and libmali. Nothing is changed.

What do I have to do? Do I have to use 5.24 ubuntu instead of 5.26?

Lmsensor does not see any sensors also(via sensors-detect). How to fix it?

Upd: When I login via ssh I can see CPU Temp in invite message. How to watch it else.

Thanks.

I have Beelink GT1 s912 2GB/32GB and like to try it with  ubuntu. Do you know where can I download image file:: ubuntu_xenial_3.14.29_mate_20170302.img?

Any  describe how to burn image for this box?

Thanks,

1 hour ago, pangu said:

I have Beelink GT1 s912 2GB/32GB and like to try it with  ubuntu. Do you know where can I download image file:: ubuntu_xenial_3.14.29_mate_20170302.img?

Any  describe how to burn image for this box?

Thanks,

As far as I know, downloads are published here:
https://yadi.sk/d/srrtn6kpnsKz2/Linux/ARMBIAN

Burn with any dd like tool (e.g.
https://etcher.io/), insert the uSD, and reboot.