Unbootable after powercut

r1ckdu

Hi all,

this is somewhat odd. I am using the nextcloudpi image NextCloudPi_Rock64_03-28-20.img. I believe it uses armbian (I am really not an expert sorry) and my problem is really not nextcloud related i believe.

I had to cut the power to the rock64. Then i rebooted. The system clock is set to some early date (2016-xx-yy). Therefore the unmount is in the future causing an fsck. It fails miserably and drops to initramfs (where i really am lost). I don't think this should happen.

I dont have a rtc battery - maybe this wouldnt be an issue if there was one attached?

I hope someone can tell me how to progress or how to provide better insight now...

Best

Patrick

Board: Rock64

38 minutes ago, r1ckdu said:

maybe this wouldnt be an issue

On this forum, we only try to support official builds. That is already very expensive while supporting software packages that you download from the wild internet is simply out of range. Technically you are not our "customer". We don't know how that software was glued together, we know nothing and we have no wish nor time to waste to find that out. That is the first issue and I truly hope you understand that that are only additional not very small costs we can't add to this case.

I am really not an expert sorry) and my problem is really not nextcloud related i believe.

That is probably correct. Its not upper level software realted. Perhaps its just a conseqence of the fact that you bought a cheap badly design hardware where all support costs are left to community? There are three hardware revision of this board and so far there is no firmware that would work properly on all of them. There are lots of problems with this Rock64, which only on paper looks nice ... sadly our resources are overloaded and we can't do much about. We tried several times ... end resoult = more frustration. That's it.

I can only speculate why this problem happens, but it also happened to me. Probably you have some old version where SD card was set too optimistic ... Can also be related to something else.

https://armbian.atlassian.net/browse/AR-165

Recommended to check all this thread:

And, please don't blame the messenger.

It fails miserably and drops to initramfs (where i really am lost). I don't think this should happen.

No, even clock is invalid, this should not happen.