BUG: scheduling while atomic: swapper/0/0/0x00000100

systemcarrotpt

Hi all,

I have been using a Rock64 with hostapd and a usb adapter that uses realtek drivers for a couple of months now.

Recently, like a week or two, after what i believe was a kernel update i started getting random freezes in the board. As i use it "headless", when it happens the only way to get it back working is by power cycling it. This means that until today i had no logs of what was happening. Today although, i left my laptop on for a couple hours, with tail -f on kernel.log, messages and syslog.

Attached in the file called logs.txt is what i managed to obtain from a terminated ssh session to the board.

Im running Linux NetMan 4.4.213-rockchip64 #27 SMP Tue Apr 14 17:21:23 CEST 2020 aarch64 GNU/Linux.

Anyone has any clues about it? Will there be a fix for this error? Should i downgrade the last update (i have a backup image) or try to update to kernel 5.4?

Last time i tried a version 5 kernel i dont remember well but the board didnt boot or something.

Thank you for the help.

logs.txt

armbianmonitor.txt

The driver is the one that comes with armbian out of the box. Its version is:

# modinfo 88XXau
filename:       /lib/modules/4.4.213-rockchip64/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/rtl8812au/88XXau.ko
version:        v5.6.4.2_35491.20191025

Right now i dont have any update on apt-get, so i believe i have the latest from armbian repositories.

I will try to look into that one on the link you gave me.

Thank you for the help.

2 hours ago, systemcarrotpt said:

The driver is the one that comes with armbian out of the box. Its version is:

If you use this wireless, you can try blacklisting it and compiling older / different branches of the driver ...  In case troubles comes up on a modern kernel, people that maintain the driver (https://github.com/aircrack-ng/rtl8812au) might be interested trying to fix the problem.

2 hours ago, systemcarrotpt said:

So ill try to contact someone at the maintainer to let them know i have this problem.

With kernel 5.4.y you can hope on some, while with 4.4.y ... I doubt anyone will invest their time to fix problems there. If they are kernel relatated at all ... so try 5.4.y first.

I just posted a comment on an issue to git hub.

There is one person there also reporting the error, he is indeed in kernel 5.4.

Since its the same bug ill wait a couple to see how this develops because apparently it also happens on 5.4

Thanks for your help.