Orange PI 3 run kodi very hot

thanh_tan

Well in any case it is an open secret that the H6 SoC is a little hothead and you won't have much fun wihout having a heatsink on at least.

Though I never had an unplanned shutdown due to overheating on my One Plus which has the H6 SoC as well and did not have a heatsink on it by the time. Usually it throttles quickly. But no idea about the OPi3.

2 hours ago, thanh_tan said:

No. I did not unlocking the clock.

I guess we are clocking all on 1.8G now which is highest stable value but if cooling is not existing, board might reach the safety power-off point even throtling is putting the CPU down ... this can be further tuned (which require some work) or clock lower (cheap quick fix).

Good cooling is essential on those boards. Especially on smaller ones and if you have them inside a box. Big heatsink + perhaps a fan.

36 minutes ago, thanh_tan said:

Kodi can run only for 3min then the board restart.

That is a bit strange. It should not restart ... I am sure thermal settings should be tunned better, but there is liitle I can do about.  I have one board only and which works.

Armbian is certainly not optimised for KODI. We have little time to do anything in this area, so better use Libelec for that.

You can share your setup with Xulong and ask them for help but I have my doubt that they will do anything about it.

For now I would recommend to limit the cpu frequency. Use the mentioned docs article and use 1488000 as value. Then either reload cpufrequtils or simply restart the board.

On 4/23/2020 at 7:28 PM, Igor said:

I guess we are clocking all on 1.8G

Actually we are not. The frequency is available now, that is true. Though we are limiting it to 1,5GHz via software: https://github.com/armbian/build/blob/54f5c04776c5fd9e95d42206cd46c0c862799e19/config/sources/families/sun50iw6.conf#L9

18 minutes ago, thanh_tan said:

Yes. I installed it from repo.

I am using Armbian_20.02.1_Orangepi3_bionic_current_5.4.20_desktop

KODI from network repositories will not work properly. This package is not optimized for H6. Therefore, the load on the processor will be maximum and, accordingly, the temperature will also be high.

I switched to install Android

Used Android from the producer Xunlong but no version has Google Store or Google Service.

Kodi or Netflix on the installed version cannot run

Gửi từ SM-N970F của tôi bằng cách sử dụng Tapatalk