Best alternative to NanoPi NEO2 ?

Emliath

Good evening,

In your opinion, what is the best alternative to the NanoPi NEO2?

I don't need wifi or sata. I'm looking for a stable and qualitative armbian with a gigabit and usb port.

Is there a better performing armbian that the NEO2 has for less than 40$?

Thanks

Boardsize is a little bigger but same H5 CPU (as longs as available) - the Orange Pi PC2

Only H3, but also very stable & cool the Orange Pi One

Maybe in near future stable: Orange Pi One  Plus H6

( H6 should be available in the Future :) )

Actual I dont know a "new" NanoPi in this price-range....

Maybe the NanoPi Fire-3 LTS (OctaCore, 1Gb Ram , GB-Ethernet)

Indeed as @Werner mentioned OPiOnePlus H6 should do the job,

assuming you do not need it for desktop and more intended for headless server purposes, eg pi-hole, wireguard(/ovpn as you wish), etc.

Perhaps the NEO ZeroPi ( H3 ), but have not seen any prove of improvements since this topic so again that depends on your requirements

Thank you for your answers.

I have also just seen the NanoPi NEO Plus2 which seems to be a perfect match for what I want to do (https://internetcu.be/).

I read on the internet that the OPiOnePlus H6 was a bit disappointing and did not take full advantage of the possibilities offered by the Allwinner H6 SoC. The card has only one standard 2.0 USB connector while the H6 supports USB 3.0.

In addition, compared to the NEO Plus2, there is no wifi or eMMC memory and no connector for a daughter card. I don't especially need wifi but indeed the 8Gb eMMC of the NEO Plus2 is much faster than a microSD card reader for a server.

What do you think about it? One feature I would have liked to find is the POE power supply.

1 hour ago, hipboi said:

I recommend the ROCK Pi E, which is 15$ with 256M ram, 17$ with 512M ram, 21$ with 1GB ram. You can get GbE, USB3 plus a 100M ethernet. Engineering sample is available now.

https://wiki.radxa.com/RockpiE

Oh, I forgot to mention it also support eMMC module, and PoE HAT.

Looking interesting, indeed. Just noticed in the comments the Armbian boys already got in touch with them :thumbup:

Hi! Where can we buy the ROCK Pi E?

Other than perf level, I can't find much on the internet between the Rockchip RK3328 and the H5 of the NanoPi NEO Plus2. What's the best in terms of performance and consumption?