Armbian-config issues.

Shoka

I'm setting up a new Armbian system from a cold start.

I ran armbian-config and used the personal > welcome option to set the MOTD_DISABLE options in /etc/defaults/armbian-motd.

It did not do anything to the welcome screen. :(

I asked for the header tips and updates to be excluded.

Looking at the resulting /etc/defaults/armbian-motd file :

netadmin@ups-monitor:/etc/update-motd.d$ cat /etc/default/armbian-motd 
# add space-separated list of MOTD script names (without number) to exclude them from MOTD
# Example:
# MOTD_DISABLE="header tips updates"

MOTD_DISABLE=""
ONE_WIRE="" # yes = show 1-wire temperature sensor if attached 
netadmin@ups-monitor:/etc/update-motd.d$ 

The edit has been applied, but to the comment line, not the actual MOTD_DISABLE line.

I don't know where the script that takes the action is located to check it, but I guess this is not intentional, and thus it needs to be updated to ignore lines beginning with #

Second point, I'm reasonably sure, some time back, I put in a change to modify the script 41-armbian-config to change it's THIS_SCRIPT line to "config" rather than "armbian-config", so that it's disable syntax matched the other files in the set.  At the moment, on a fresh install, it still needs armbian-config in the MOTD_DISABLE line.

My build today is:

Linux termpi 5.4.31-sunxi #20.02.11 SMP Thu Apr 9 21:47:57 CEST 2020 armv7l GNU/Linux

Has that pull request got lost somewhere ?

Harry

Edited by Shoka
Added information of 41-armbian-config script

On 4/24/2020 at 3:52 PM, Shoka said:

Has that pull request got lost somewhere ?

One merged, one not finished:

https://github.com/armbian/build/pulls?q=is%3Apr+author%3Ashoka555

Only by supplying full log I would be able to track down if that change is already on your system or not. Most likely not, since we haven't puhsed out updates for BSP. Only for some kerenels. Next planned update https://github.com/armbian/documentation/blob/master/docs/Process_Release-Model.md#release-naming