Command line eMMC installation from SD

Anderson Lima

Armbianmonitor:

I'm trying to make a master image to install to some NanoPI Neo boards. I have everything running fine from micro SD card. I used armbian-config to flash from SD to the eMMC and it boot and works.

Now I'm looking for a way to flash the eMMC from command line in an automatic fashion, after looking for other threads in the forum I found about command nand-sata-install but it has a GUI and no --help parameter, so I guess it is not the exact program I have to use.

I tested using dd command to copy the disk, but since there is this u-boot thing I think it is not just a standard disk copy because it failed (maybe my problem).

My final idea is to have a master SD card that I plug and power on, then the OS boots, flashes the eMMC and blink leds in a special way to give me success or error. Then I can power off and remove the SD card.

Any advice is highly appreciated, thanks in advance and for reading this far.

Uname: Linux VRD-NanoPi 5.4.31-sunxi #20.02.11 SMP Thu Apr 9 21:47:57 CEST 2020 armv7l GNU/Linux

Me myself has not worked with NanoPI, so my conclusion is based on other boards - I like the idea with LEDs blinking in a certain way, but could be you have to put in a fairly amount of work. But again others can also have benefits of your work. Thanks.

Hope the NanoPi experts have some great ideas to help you. Best luck.