Odroid-C2 does not start (no boot) after "reboot" command

iz8mbw

Hi.

Running (installed from img file on SD Card) Armbian "Armbian_20.02.8_Odroidc2_buster_current_5.4.28".

If I try to reboot (reboot command) the Odroid-C2 does not startup again (so it does not reboot).....

Only way to startup it again is to electric poweroff and then poweron.

uname -a: Linux odroidc2 5.4.28-meson64 #20.02.8 SMP PREEMPT Mon Mar 30 09:12:52 CEST 2020 aarch64 GNU/Linux

How to solve?

Thank you.

Edited by iz8mbw

3 hours ago, iz8mbw said:

How to solve?

Not sure yet, but at least eMMC and older (non UHS) SD cards doesn't have this troubles - I could easily recreate on a modern Sandisk extreme A1. @TonyMac32 Do we have some treat for this? With uboot 2020.04 its the same. U-boot see corrupted filesystem.

1 hour ago, Igor said:

With uboot 2020.04 its the same. U-boot see corrupted filesystem.

My C2 has - with armbian dev - also u-boot 2020.04, but does reboot/restart normally
Actually it has a black SAMSUNG MicroSDcard labeled in red 32GB and its Class 10 / HC  I / (_1_)

System diagnosis information will now be uploaded to http://ix.io/2jGR

___      _           _     _    ____ ____
 / _ \  __| |_ __ ___ (_) __| |  / ___|___ \
| | | |/ _` | '__/ _ \| |/ _` | | |     __) |
| |_| | (_| | | | (_) | | (_| | | |___ / __/
 \___/ \__,_|_|  \___/|_|\__,_|  \____|_____|

Welcome to Armbian Buster with Linux 5.6.7-meson64

package bsp-kernel[20.05.0-trunk.117] u-boot[20.05.0-trunk] dtb   [20.05.0-trunk.117]
firmware          [20.05.0-trunk] config[20.05.0-trunk] branch[dev]

dpkg -l|grep -i u-boot
ii  linux-u-boot-odroidc2-dev      20.05.0-trunk   arm64        Uboot loader 2020.04
ii  u-boot-tools                   2019.01+dfsg-7  arm64        companion tools for Das U-Boot bootloader

4 minutes ago, guidol said:

My C2 has - with armbian dev - also u-boot 2020.04, but does reboot/restart normally

Your SD card must be ok. Failire is kernel independent. It fails to load it.

5 hours ago, iz8mbw said:

Any news for a solution?

With support contract you have https://github.com/armbian/build#support, you have to wait much much longer - there is a long long line. Step to the last spot and wait. A week, a month or a year if needed. If you need this problem solved more urgent, use your own resources and hire someone - which its also extremly diffucult and expensive. If you want to solve the problem today, start researching. If you bump this topic again without adding a value https://forum.armbian.com/terms you risk getting sanscioned and we will drop all activities related to this problem. OK?

6 hours ago, iz8mbw said:

it's quite difficult to use Armbian

Probably the problem is not present on stock prehistoric image from Hardkernel, elsewhere the problem is pretty much the same. You are lucky since we gave you a workaround, which means you can use Armbian with modern kernel without issues.

6 hours ago, iz8mbw said:

Any news for a solution?

As you can understand if reboot does not works, it's quite difficult to use Armbian.

as you can see above with a newer kernel and the right MicroSD-card the reboot does work on my C2.
So you can try the image with a new/different/better card or try to compile yourself a newer image and test then the reboot.

As I remember I had also reboot-problems some months (or a half year ago) - at this time I had a older image installed and also had to power-off/power-on.
But since the last install my C2 is restarting fine again :)

On 4/27/2020 at 4:11 PM, iz8mbw said:

Any news for a solution?

Do you need some logs?

As you can understand if reboot does not works, it's quite difficult to use Armbian.

1. Have you tried other versions of the images ?

2. Have you tried to replace u-boot ?

3. Have you tried to use other DTB ?