Proper way to apply custom patches

AZ8

Armbian is a community driven open source project. Do you like to contribute your code?

1 minute ago, Igor said:

Yes if you are planing to compile "current" kernel for Allwinner.

While I am not sure we are missing anything important ...

Thanks Igor

I have found topic

with advice to apply patches

Had a bit of a success with HDMI audio and also video acceleration on OrangePi 3. What was needed was to apply some patches from LibreELEC, namely ones from projects/Allwinner/patches/linux/ .

For video acceleration you need 0005-cedrus-improvements.patch and compile Cedrus driver. When done right you should see in dmesg: cedrus 1c0e000.video-codec: Device registered as /dev/video0

Do you know if this patches already included into Armbian?

With latest available armbian for orange pi 3 hw acceleration is not available, so I am trying to build kernel and kodi for Armbian with full mmedia support

7 hours ago, AZ8 said:

With latest available armbian for orange pi 3 hw acceleration is not available, so I am trying to build kernel and kodi for Armbian with full mmedia support

Besides current you could give dev branch a shot as well. From what I have noticed so far is that the performance of the 3d hardware acceleration  is better on 5.6 than on 5.4.

9 hours ago, Werner said:

Besides current you could give dev branch a shot as well. From what I have noticed so far is that the performance of the 3d hardware acceleration  is better on 5.6 than on 5.4.

Thanks

Unfortunately, when I am trying to switch kernel, I got an exception every time

cat /tmp/switch_kernel.log
linux-image-dev-sunxi64=20.02.12.114 linux-dtb-dev-sunxi64=20.02.12.114 linux-u-boot-orangepi3-dev