Cannot login google services using Chromium

viumden

I am with Armbian (ubuntu 18.04):

Linux rockpi-4b 4.4.213-rockchip64

and when I installed chromium and tried to login gmail, I got below:

Couldn't sign you in

This browser or app may not be secure. Learn more

Try using a different browser. If you’re already using a supported browser, you can refresh your screen and try again to sign in.

The chromium version info:

Version 80.0.3987.163 (Official Build) Built on Ubuntu , running on Ubuntu 18.04 (64-bit)

Tried chrome UA spoofer with other UA text like safari or firefox, still the same feedback, no luck still.

Any ideas?

Viumden, any luck trying to connect?

Same problem here, but i'm using the image for Orange Pi + 2.

Chromium Version:

Version 80.0.3987.162 (Developer Build) built on Debian 10.3, running on Debian 10.4 (32-bit)

uname --all:

Linux OPI 5.4.43-sunxi #20.05.1 SMP Sat May 30 20:32:43 CEST 2020 armv7l GNU/Linux

Hi there, Igor. Thank you!

Oh crap... i didn't know about it.

Well, there's another way to enable this?

BTW, this "developer build" was downloaded from armbian site as a supported final version.  Is there any version non dev build?

1 hour ago, BioFX said:

BTW, this "developer build" was downloaded from armbian site as a supported final version.

Armbain does not pack nor provide Chromium. It could only came from upstream repositories.
https://docs.armbian.com/#what-is-armbian

But it seems, this is alright. This is a version I am writing this message:
Version 80.0.3987.162 (Developer Build) built on Debian 10.3, running on Debian 10.2 (64-bit)

and login to Google services works.

On 6/5/2020 at 2:10 AM, BioFX said:

uname --all:

armbianmonitor -u

is a tool that gives us useful info to debug without a need to recreate the situation. Kernel version tells nothing.

Got this annoying error on Chromium browser which came installed with Focal w/ 4.9y. To fix it, I just downloaded chromium-browser via CLI and created a launcher link on desktop and works as intended. BTW, it downloaded via snap. Since downloaded Version 84.0.4147.105 (Official Build) snap (64-bit) is "different" than Version 83.0.4103.116 (Developer Build) built on Debian 10.4, running on Debian bullseye/sid (64-bit), I have both versions installed on Armbian Focal on my Odroid-N2.

5 hours ago, jtremblant said:

Got this annoying error on Chromium browser which came installed with Focal w/ 4.9y. To fix it, I just downloaded chromium-browser via CLI and created a launcher link on desktop and works as intended. BTW, it downloaded via snap.

https://armbian.atlassian.net/browse/AR-284
Last fix for this release and ship Focal without Chromium?

1 hour ago, Igor said:

...and adding firefox or better firefox-esr (since it is in both Ubuntu and Debian AFAIK) to the list of desktop packages?

I thought this was a google issue since login does work on firefox or Vivaldi.
Just checked on Ubuntu Focal from Odroid on N2+. There login seems to work on Chromium.

With this not working the RK3399's have lost their role as best desktop SBC for me. Youtube is too important for me, without VPU the N2+ plays way better video. I needed to focus on the N2+ for now, so it actually came at a good time for me.
Firefox indeed now is by far the better browser on the RK3399's. Vivaldi is also very good, but has no repo for arm64.

34 minutes ago, NicoD said:

There login seems to work on Chromium.

Snap version of Chromium seems to work while we were trying to use hack to provide snap-less Ubuntu. Now its snap and chromium less, preinstalled with Firefox and one can install Chromium via snap.

Hi everyone,

I found out that even a Chromium already installed and connected can become "not-login-able" (Chromium Arm64 from Ubuntu LTS 18.04).

It seems to me the servers from Google side are rejecting some browsers at first login; probably from user-agents.

A solution to this issue for now is very simple:

- Launch Chromium with a user-agent changer from the Chrome extensions store using a Firefox user-agent label.

- Login to your Google account, it will probably work this way.

- Check the box "remember this machine"

You can then uninstall  the extension, restart Chromiun and use it back again as itself.

Tested with:

* Chromium (Developer Build) 32 bit armhf (Armbian Focal - H3)

* Chromium (Official Build) 64 bit  arm64 (Armbian Bionic)

* Chromium (?) arm64 (Armbian Focal -  RK3399)

Best regards.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.