Poor buffered disk reads Odroid HC2

TWM

I run armbian on an Odroid HC2. Using hdparm -t /dev/sda I get merely roughly 130MB/s on buffered disk reads. This is way below the expected value for my 2TB Crucial SSD. It is obviously not a major issue as the speed is anyway bottlenecked by the gigabit ethernet. I'm just curious, does anyone get better speeds with a similar setup? I read that poor performance can result from a misaligned partition. Checking the alignment with "align-check" of parted does report that the parition alignment is fine, so I suspect this is not the issue in my case. 

Edited by TWM

Interesting.

Which kernel do they ship with?

Btw.

This board is stripped Odroid XU4 and we use the same images, however, we provide a specially optimized config (for kernel 4.14.y or higher) which has to be applied manually. This results in shorter boot time and lower consumption. Run armbian-config utility and go to section system -> DTB and select optimized board configuration for Odroid HC1. The same config is valid for HC2 and MC1.

Did you try this?

On 5/6/2020 at 12:55 PM, TWM said:

Using hdparm -t /dev/sda

Use the same version of proper tools like http://www.iozone.org/

9 hours ago, TWM said:

5.4.28-odroidxu4

Kernel is talking with hardware - if you do compare, use the same kernel - Linux distribution has little to do with this. 5.4.y on Odroid XU4 is in a worse shape than stock 4.14.y, but this is going to be changed eventually ...